Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: talked to my therapist about being a adult baby

Default talked to my therapist about being a adult baby

so I finally worked up the courage to talk to my therapist about it, I started by saying I had something that I've been wanting to talk about but i was kind of embarrassed about it. She asked what it was so i asked her if shes ever heard of a adult baby, she looked kind of confused so i told her i like to regress to a younger age to about 2 or 3 and she asked what i meant by regress? I told her i like to do things a 2 or 3 year old would do and that i have stuffed animals, blanket, a pacifier and that i have a room set aside for this with toys like blocks, coloring books and all.
    I told her i like to do it because it comforts me and lets me escape the stress of things temporarily and that i enjoy doing it. I made sure i told her i don't want to get rid of it i just thought it was something that might be of importance in some way. i didn't get into the diapers part yet because i thought i already brought up a lot of stuff for her to take in at once.

I apologized for bringing up so much at once but she assured me that it was ok she was really nice about it, she asked about my childhood when i was around 2 or 3 and i told her i was left alone at the babysitters most of the time and i spent the night a lot, i was the only kid there. I spent a lot of days/nights crying because i was confused and didn't know the reason why i was always there.
    She thinks this is what might of caused it and iv always thought the same thing.

She said she wants to do some research into it so she can better understand it, she said she wants to try to find a way to work it into therapy.
    I told her about the understanding infantilism web site, she also wants me to try to remember what thoughts are going through my head when im regressing so i can tell her.

I feel so much better now that i got the hard part over with.

Congrats!! That will be way good for you. I'm glad you were able to work up the courage to do it. It is kinda funny because there are still a lot of therapists who don't know what it is. I have heard of it getting mentioned in psychology classes, but it really only gets mentioned. It is good that your therapist wants to do some research on it, if a therapist says that they get the gist of it and tries to start treating you on what they assume, then they are an idiot, I had one of them, and he was a total tool. Well I suspect that your therapy sessions will be way more productive than they already may have been.

Good thing she appears to be so open minded about it.

What do you think about her incorporating it into the therapy (has you play with some toys, and regress, or something)? Do you think you'd be okay with it?
    Last edited by SleepyTyrant; 14-Oct-2014 at 08:15.

I would bet incorporating it into therapy would include some simple things in the therapy such as bringing a stuffed animal or two, and maybe some type of art expression or something, only some slight regression. I would think that the real regression time for therapy would be discussed through updates, such as:
    "have you been giving yourself enough time to regress lately?"
    and
    "what kind of things did you do to regress and how did they make you feel, what did you think during then?"

Congrats, Wyatt. I talked to my therapist a few times about being an AB, and actually found it really helpful. I was lucky to find a therapist who knew about ABDL, and whilst like you, I don't want to be 'cured' of my tendencies (if that's even possible, which I rather doubt), I thought it would be interesting to see how ABDL might be intertwined with my OCD.

I think every therapist deals with incorporation differently (especially as the mental health concerns people have differ) but in the sessions I had, we focused on my AB routine, and discovered some interesting links between the 'intrusive thoughts' I get as part of my OCD, and the way in which I try to escape adult headspace and switch that area of my mind off.

I think it can be extremely helpful to discuss ABDL with a therapist. I'm always extremely wary about the threads here asking 'How do I tell my Mom/Dad/Boyfriend/Guy who delivers my Amazon Parcels that I'm ABDL', because family aren't always the most understanding about these issues, but I think talking to therapists about it is a great idea.

The worst outcome is that a therapist would be confused about AB tendencies, there might be a few minutes of awkward chat, and then you'll move onto another topic. That's worth it for the fact you might well find someone who is medically and intellectually informed and impartial enough to give you an added insight, and maybe even some peace of mind, in relation to your AB tendencies.

Good for you dude!! Not easy was it? It'll make you a better stronger person. If nothing else at least hopefully you'll be at peace with yourself.

Are you trying to get cured? Why do you need therapy for it?

I had to tell my therapist when I was in college, because that was one of the reasons my mom sent me, against my will. He said I'd outgrow it and of course, he was wrong, but this was a long time ago.

I re-posted one of my past stories, "Coffee Shop" and it's about a young man who has to tell all to his psychiatrist. You might find it interesting. My bad experience had some influence on the story though not much.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyger View Post
    Congrats!! That will be way good for you. I'm glad you were able to work up the courage to do it. It is kinda funny because there are still a lot of therapists who don't know what it is. I have heard of it getting mentioned in psychology classes, but it really only gets mentioned. It is good that your therapist wants to do some research on it, if a therapist says that they get the gist of it and tries to start treating you on what they assume, then they are an idiot, I had one of them, and he was a total tool. Well I suspect that your therapy sessions will be way more productive than they already may have been.

Thank you. She didn't seem to know what I was talking about until I explained it a little more. I am glad she wanted to do some research about it, it made me feel like she really cared.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SleepyTyrant View Post
    Good thing she appears to be so open minded about it.

What do you think about her incorporating it into the therapy (has you play with some toys, and regress, or something)? Do you think you'd be okay with it?
    I think incorporating it into therapy would help me a lot, kind of like using it as a tool so I could open up a little more. Like Tyger mentioned slight regression would be ok with me by bringing one of my stuffed animals or by drawing so I would be more comfortable. For me its a lot easier for me to open up and be able to talk about painful or bad memory's when I am in "little" mind set because I feel safe.

Its nice that whenever we talk about something bad that's happened during childhood she trys to view it how I saw it when I was that age. I think she deals with children a lot because her office is full of children's toys, its extremely hard not to try and play with some lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BouncyBoy View Post
    Are you trying to get cured? Why do you need therapy for it?
    No not at all, I told her I didn't want to try and get rid of it because I enjoy it and it helps me a lot when I get depressed. She said that she sees nothing wrong with it because its not hurting anyone, hopefully she can help me be more accepting of myself because my wife would sometimes make me feel like I was a bad person because of my little side and it crushed what little self confidence I had.

I have a friend who's seeing a therapist due to gender issues (all of my close friends know that I'm a little and they're all cool with it), and she's told me her therapist actually recommended to her that age regression is a great way to relieve stress.