Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Homemade Diapers

Default Homemade Diapers

Before I was able to buy actual diapers, I made my own. I actually perfected the design to where they work better than real diapers in some ways! I'm wondering if anyone else has used homemade diapers?

I did for my first diapers initially too. They felt good, but they were not effective since I barely used them, the materials for them were hard to get and get rid of, so I didn't make them often.

Quote Originally Posted by luvtowearpampers View Post
    Before I was able to buy actual diapers, I made my own. I actually perfected the design to where they work better than real diapers in some ways! I'm wondering if anyone else has used homemade diapers?
    Disposable or cloth?

I used to make home made diapers when I was a kid. Usually a trash bag, paper towels, toilet paper and tape. Not very effective.

When I was 13 (The age when I started getting into diapers) I cut up a piece of my underwear up and tapes some toilet paper all over the place. I was eventually caught and it got thrown away (Of course I never used *used* it, I just worn it from time to time) It wasn't as great as the real thing when I took from my cousin but I was improvising at the time and that was as far as I got when the "originals" got thrown away and the last one got chewed up by my dog.

At 18, I wanted to do the idea again but more creative but since I purked the courage to go buy some online I threw my bubble thought in the trash.

Before I was able to get diapers that fit me, I tried making my own. I took a lot of paper towels and folded them all on top of each other and put them on top of a garbage bag. Then I pulled the sides of the garbage bag together and taped them. I just barely got it to fit. It sort of looked like a real diaper and surprisingly it actually worked pretty well. I was able to use the paper towels several times by washing them with soap and water and letting them dry.

Quote Originally Posted by luvtowearpampers View Post
    Are you talking about sewing? If so I am into that experiment. If you mean makeshift something or another, then I used to wet a wash cloth or put on a shopping bag, but those days are long gone.

I used to use trash bags and tie the corners together. I used to put bath towels in it. I didn't use them because I was self-conscious about it. The trash bag kind of created barriers on the sides. I would pour water in it to simulate using it. It worked pretty well.

In my earlier days of experimenting with wetting I would use my sanitary napkins or a stack of toilet paper in my panties. I would take three maxi overnight pads (the thick kind of sanity napkin), put one down in my underwear like usual, then rip open the backs of the other two to let the pee flow through and put them on top of the first one.

Last year, when I really wanted diapers but didn't have any, I did a few different things, like wrapping myself in a fleece blanket (just wearing it, not using it), and cutting up a towel, pillow case, and t-shirt and layering them in my underwear.

When I was younger, I used to take several sheets of construction paper and tape them end-to-end; enough to cover my bottom. I'd cut them roughly into the shape of a diaper. Then, I would glue cotton balls inside of it and use scotch tape to secure the sides. Sometimes I'd just take strips of paper and staple them to the sides to make it more like a Pull-Up. It was more comfortable too than pulling tape off of my skin. I had tried using it, but it was very ineffective. More for a feel/aesthetic purpose than anything else.

I also used to take small newborn-sized or doll diapers and line my underwear with them if that counts as "homemade."