Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Position for Wetting when Lying Down?

Default Best Position for Wetting when Lying Down?

This next week I'm going to buy some new diapers (Pampers Baby Dry size 6) and am planning on wearing them to bed and wetting them in bed. I'm not a bedwetter, so I'll only be wetting when I'm awake. I'm wondering, what's the best position to be in when wetting? Also, after I've wet, does it matter what position I sleep in (I won't be changing until the morning)?
    Thanks!
    Luvtowearpampers

If you are wetting them when you're awake, standing up is your best choice because most people (Including me) have some problems wetting when laying down or sitting but if you want to wet them in bed you could try to relax and wet when laying in your back , for me it wasn't easy, maybe it'll be easy for you, you'll need to try it. I don't think it matters, unless the diaper is full to the point of leaking, you shouldn't have a problem

-best results for a dry diaper-

Your wet positions in bed are these,

• Back-Will absorb and urine will flow to your bum. Urine will head to the back.
    • Stomach-Most perfect comforting position for wetting. Urine will head to the front.
    • Side-Will leak from the top unless your covered on top such as tight plastic straps.
    • Laying up-Most positive effects. Urine will head to the bottom
    • Upside Down-Will leak from the top unless your covered on top such as tight plastic straps
    • Snail (Curled up, your butt in the air, your face to the pillow) Comforting position for wetting and a perfect position to act as an AB. Urine will head to the Front/Middle.
    • Sitting up-Normal for wetters when they wake up but sleep sitting up for like maybe 5 minute naps. Urine will head to the Front/Middle.
    Last edited by Snivy; 14-Oct-2014 at 18:44. Reason: From = For

Unless your wearing cloth diapers I'd suggest lying on your back.

This depends entirely on the diaper. With Bambino Bellisimos I wet while laying flat on my back and it all absorbed before it reached the back panel. With all other diapers I've tried, it runs down to the back panel and I get an unpleasant feeling of it running down my crack before it absorbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Snivy View Post
    [*]Upside Down-Will leak from the top unless your covered on top such as tight plastic straps
    I'm just picturing someone doing a handstand on their bed and peeing now, which is pretty funny.

From my experience though, with anything like a baby diaper or pull-ups like drynites/goodnites, you probably would be best standing, because you're already dealing with a lower absorption amount, restricting it even more by sitting etc isn't the best. But if you were wearing a premium, personally I've had good experiences with sitting upright on the bed with my knees tucked up against my chest, or lying on my back etc.

As for sleeping position after wetting, as long as you're not maxed out to the point where pressure on the diaper would cause anything to seep out, you're probably fine in just about any position.

Quote Originally Posted by Programmatic View Post
    I'm just picturing someone doing a handstand on their bed and peeing now, which is pretty funny.
    XD I mean like hanging off your bed upside down :p Not literally something like that which is what you described :3

Quote Originally Posted by Snivy View Post
    XD I mean like hanging off your bed upside down :p Not literally something like that which is what you described :3
    Yeah I figured that's what you meant, did a similar thing myself once trying to get the front padding used more. That mental image is just brilliant though.

laying on back and pointed down (if male) is easily the best method since it'll make the diaper last longer then just having it become wet on the front/groin area.

Quote Originally Posted by luvtowearpampers View Post
    This next week I'm going to buy some new diapers (Pampers Baby Dry size 6) and am planning on wearing them to bed and wetting them in bed. I'm not a bedwetter, so I'll only be wetting when I'm awake. I'm wondering, what's the best position to be in when wetting? Also, after I've wet, does it matter what position I sleep in (I won't be changing until the morning)?
    Thanks!
    Luvtowearpampers
    I wouldn't even think about it, just because they don't hold all that much. Gravity will take it's course and it won't end very well.