Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First time trying 24/7

Default First time trying 24/7

So I'm going to try going 24/7 for about a week, and wanted to seek advice from others who have worn or are wearing 24/7. I've never been diapered 24/7 before. My longest is a day or two right currently. What are some good diapers you'd consider? And how many do you think I'd use? How about cleaning up and all that?
    From previous experiences, I'm thinking 3-4 diapers daily, but I used the toilet on some occasions in previous experiences.
    As per diapers being used, I'm leaning towards Abena M4, some depends tru-fit (maybe another pull up suggestion?) and goodnites in between.

Hello there!
    Sounds like fun. I think it is good to have a variety of products available to wear, just to suit your varying needs. There will perhaps be times when an M4 might just be more protection than you require or are able to hide from the world (if that is something you might be concerned about).

I can't recall managing a full week, but when I last went some days I was leading a pretty normal routine, so that meant messing in the toilet, rather than diapers. Changing wet diapers turned out to be no real issue, but I will leave the complete use of diapers to times where I am not spending 11-12 hours of the day out in public. I would find that even though the diaper could probably hold more, I was changing more regularly for hygiene and fear of being noticed. Perhaps budget 5 per day.

Perhaps just go with the flow (so to speak) and see what works best. Have fun!

Andrew.

Abena M4 are a very nice diaper. Molicare super are good as well.
    My fav is from Bambino, I love there Teddies.

I never cared for Depends, as all I have tried in the past, leak very easy.
    To me they seem for light wetting.
    Goodnight are fun to wear tho they are meant for light accidents.

As to when to change, that will vary person to person.
    Depends on how often you go and how much each time.

I too say to trial and error, and see what works for you.
    Weather it be one kind or a mix of kinds.

Quote Originally Posted by nezquic66 View Post
    So I'm going to try going 24/7 for about a week, and wanted to seek advice from others who have worn or are wearing 24/7. I've never been diapered 24/7 before. My longest is a day or two right currently. What are some good diapers you'd consider? And how many do you think I'd use? How about cleaning up and all that?
    From previous experiences, I'm thinking 3-4 diapers daily, but I used the toilet on some occasions in previous experiences.
    As per diapers being used, I'm leaning towards Abena M4, some depends tru-fit (maybe another pull up suggestion?) and goodnites in between.
    I call myself "23/7". I never mess, and frequently use the toilet for #1 while at home (to get more time out of my diapers) and very rarely wet them while at work. (no place to change) But I'm IN a diaper 24/7. My underwear are safely stored on the shelf in my closet

I decided to "not lift the lid for #1" this weekend though. You either need to wear high sap or change more often. Neither saves money, high sap require fewer diapers but are more expensive. At school/work I'd suggest high sap to reduce or eliminate changes needed there. At home, your choice. Reduce fluid intake 2 hrs before bed and empty your bladder and change into a fresh diaper for overnight. Empty out and change before leaving in the morning also.

Keep yourself clean. Frequent showers, and clean your skin with wipes or a damp facecloth (what I do) during every change. A skin condition can halt your experiment.

Find a way to bring a change if you need to or choose to use your diaper. I keep a change in my vehicle and in my lunch box. I found these "6pk can cooler boxes" at walmart that have a large compartmen that just fits a 6pk, perfect for lunch, and the zipper on the lid is about 1.5" from the top. When opened, there is no "space" above the zipper on the inside. Because there is a second zipper on the top to access that 1.5" from the outside for storing other stuff. That's where I keep a diaper, 1gal ziploc, and a travel size bottle of talc and cornstarch. I also put a small pillbottle in there with a few squirts of baby lotion in case I need that. I removed the pull from that zipper to make it more difficult to open that top compartment by accident. The compartment is actually big enough for even a very thick diaper, though I keep a high performance thin one in there (Wellness Superio)

I would recommend a premium diaper so it lasts you all day and not have to change at work or in public and have to carry any extras. That depends on how much you wet. I have been wearing 24/7 for two years and I rarely need to change in public when I am wearing a premium diaper. When you start out with it, just bring a few extras with just in case and see how long you can go in the same diaper before changing. That way you figure out how many diapers you should bring. That is if you don't poop. I don't poop mine in public or at work. I also use cloth for at home. I also use cheaper diapers for when I am gone for a few hours knowing I won' pee a lot so therefore I don't need a premium diaper.

See, I think I'll use them for what they're made for. Abenas are quite thick, which may be troubling at times. I think they'll be great though. I want a pull up as well, in addition to goodnites

WearingClouds

In my opinion, a great daytime diapers is the Abena Abri Flex M3 or S3. They hold a few wettings and have rarely leaked on me. When they did leak, it was after the fourth or so large wetting.

If you are a size 32" or below, surely get the S3 abri flex because 1) it will fit better and have less sag, and 2) it feels more baby-ish ^__^

I've been 24/7 for six weeks now and am loving it!

Abena M4 is decent, just prepare for the extra bulk. I've been doing different periods of 24/7 over the past year or two. I have a couple diaper friendly pairs of pants that are a size or two larger to accommodate the bulk of an M4 or Northshore Supreme. Typically though, I wear Superio (before that I was wearing the Tena Slip Maxi), since I have a decent opportunity to change at lunch time. If I had to wear for the entire day, I'd probably end up doing the supreme or m4 with a booster of some sort. I've worn diapers completely for the past week and had only two instances of doing number 1 in the toliet and that was because I realized my diaper was close to capacity. If I think I'm going to be wearing for longer or drinking more liquid, I usually opt for the thicker diaper. I actually have been working on a document of sorts for diaper training, one of these days I'll release it. Has a lot of tips I've learned since wearing diapers.

Abena M4's is a good choice for many. I'm on the smaller side, (30" waist and 130Lbs) I loved the S4's but no longer available except in "cloth" backed. My personal choice would be Wellness Superio s/m or Dry 24/7 or even the new North shore breifs. They run on the small side for mediums, just slightly smaller than small Dry 24/7. The Wellness is a lot more stealthy as they are very slim yet performs just as good as the other top end diapers and they have the best leak guards. Another at the top of my list, while you can still get them is Tens Slip Maxi. All around awesome diaper just doesn't hop quite as much as the others, but great fit, and like Wellness they start out pretty thin. Any of the Bambino's could do a good job as well. If you are mor budget minded them maybe Tranquillity ATN.

i wear prevail extended wear during the day as i can go in them a couple times without plastic pants or three times with plastic pants.
    you have to wear underwear or a onesie over them because the tabs slip but they.

at night i wear Bambino's or Xpmedical A+ with plastic pants and a onesie.