Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: ABDL Gender Demographics - Gender Ratio

Default ABDL Gender Demographics - Gender Ratio

ABDL Gender Demographics ?

An event at which BitterGrey will be presenting a discussion workshop about Adult Infantilism this coming weekend will be attended by over 110+ ABDLs, of which over 38% will be women. - Surprisingly, several other smaller local ABDL gatherings in the Northeast USA in the past few years were attended by more women than men. - That rate of attendance has been continuously increasing each year, possibly due to the fact that women are more often taking leadership roles and hosting events.

Incontinence

A recent social event sponsored by the Depends Diaper company in 2014 was attended by hundreds of women, and very few of the attendees were men.

The demographics of our community are rapidly changing, possibly due to the changing leadership.
    Last edited by kikee; 12-Oct-2014 at 04:00. Reason: added the word "changing" leadership

Interesting. I hear while more men are online, a higher percentage of women prefer meet ups. The only meet up I've been to was half and half.

I agree with Wazzle, this is interesting. From the little amount of time that I have been part of the ABDL community it has always seemed like it was mostly males. I am glad to hear that this might not be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by kikee View Post
    The demographics of our community are rapidly changing, possibly due to the changing leadership.
    Who are our leaders? I didn't know I was being led.

Quote Originally Posted by Frogsy View Post
    Yea I'm confused.

Quote Originally Posted by kikee

An event at which BitterGrey will be presenting a discussion workshop about Adult Infantilism this coming weekend will be attended by over 110+ ABDLs, of which over 38% will be women. - Surprisingly, several other smaller local ABDL gatherings in the Northeast USA in the past few years were attended by more women than men. - That rate of attendance has been continuously increasing each year, possibly due to the fact that women are more often taking leadership roles and hosting events.

Incontinence

A recent social event sponsored by the Depends Diaper company in 2014 was attended by hundreds of women, and very few of the attendees were men.

You seem to be saying Incontinence groups are the same as ab/dl? From what I've heard women are higher chance to be IC but less likely to be ab/dl.

I would be skeptical of anything but an overwhelmingly male gender split given the existing data on ABDLs, primarily that collected by Bittergrey and in the one recent academic article both found overwhelmingly male populations.

There's definitely a possibility of some sampling bias in the fairly crude survey methods used to generate the data, but it is the data we have, and it suggests that the split is as high as 90:10 male:female. That's really lopsided, far more lopsided than most kinks with gender biases, but there's also a satisfying conventional wisdom explanation that this could have something to do with diapers directly contacting male bits.

It's quite possible that internet populations have been poorly representative thus far, but the weight of the evidence is currently on one side.

Quote Originally Posted by Frogsy View Post
    I was following you - I thought you were the leader?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kikee View Post
    Is this really true? what's your source for this information?

Also: how do you define community?

Assuming what you say is true (which I reserve my right to doubt) I'm not totally surprised that there are more women turning up in our community recently, IF we define our community as not just people on the ABDL spectrum, but including the categories of "Friend of someone who likes them" / "Carer" / "Incontinent".

People born after 1980 in English-speaking Western countries are a lot more open and accepting of alternative sexualities and lifestyles compared to people of previous generations. There was a time when an ABDL or someone with another kind of kink got into a long term relationship, and they would either have to give up their kink or indulge in secret, or at best they would tell their partner and their partner would be understanding, but probably never think of participating - or at least that's the picture that has come down to us of kink life before the internet.

For a young couple of today, it's not guaranteed, but there is a much grater chance that when an male ABDL enters a relationship with a non-ABDL female, she ISN'T going to be totally freaked out and disgusted when she finds out, and she will be more opening to learning about and joining in with something that gives her partner pleasure.

If people create events for ABDLs, and they take care to make them as non-creepy and non-threatening as possible - part of which includes having women present in positions of authority - then it's very possible that women who fit into the "(Girl)Friend of someone who likes them" / Carer categories are going to come along.

When I was a teenager looking on the internet for stuff about adults and diapers, the first things I found for a good while were about incontinence. Now that the web-presence of ABDLs is a lot bigger, it's not surprising that people looking for stuff about incontinence stumble upon the ABDL subculture. Most of them will probably just think we're weirdos and leave us alone, a few of them are interested by what they find and nay join sites like this one. Since there's much more gender balance amongst incontinent people than ABDLs, ICs who cross over into the ABDL community are going to end up contributing a significant proportion of female members of our community.

So, based on the (maybe shaky) premiss:
    Yes, women are becoming more evident in the ABDL community, and changing leadership is probably part of it.
    No, more women are probably not ABDLs in the way that I am an ABDL, and lots of other male-bodied people are.

Quote Originally Posted by MsClaraRiddle View Post
    I was following you - I thought you were the leader?

- - - Updated - - -

When I was a teenager looking on the internet for stuff about adults and diapers, the first things I found for a good while were about incontinence. Now that the web-presence of ABDLs is a lot bigger, it's not surprising that people looking for stuff about incontinence stumble upon the ABDL subculture. Most of them will probably just think we're weirdos and leave us alone, a few of them are interested by what they find and nay join sites like this one. Since there's much more gender balance amongst incontinent people than ABDLs, ICs who cross over into the ABDL community are going to end up contributing a significant proportion of female members of our community.
    I am a life long nudist and 30 years ago i quit hiding that i wore diapers when going to nude beaches.

I go to the nude beach and undress like every one else but i take off a diaper instead of underwear. at the end of the day i put on a dry diaper before i get dressed.

I have had a number of nudist that were bedwetters/IC ask about where i got my thick diapers or ask about how i increased the absorbancy with stuffers or pads/boosters.

Since the ABDL diapers came out i am finding a lot of people that are IC and not ABDL are buying them because they are so much better adult diapers.

I believe many that are bedwetter/IC look on ABDLs better because of this and our wanting thick absorbent diapers that they also like.

i also run into people that are not IC but have urgency and have got tired of hunting down bathrooms when they are away from home and just wear diapers instead of taking meds with side effects.

I went to a nude beach this summer and saw one guy that took off a Adult Onesie Style T-Shirt with a fly in the front. The snaps were higher in the front to allow the fly
    his wife makes them for him
    Last edited by anned; 13-Oct-2014 at 21:08.

"the weight of the evidence is currently on one side."
    Must be some sort of a strange fluke or "outlier", then, with recent event attendance confabulating the tabulated data of the distribution of the population about the expected mean of the Survey Monkey questionnaire. - I guess that only time will tell.

Interesting that another ABDL event called Abdulia was held this past weekend in Oregon, and was attended by 78+ persons, of whom only 31% were women. - The attendance was limited to those ABDLs and ageplayers who are under the age of 35 years old.
    Last edited by kikee; 14-Oct-2014 at 19:34. Reason: another recent event

OMG ! - I can't believe that i had to pay good money to read THIS TRASH