Thread: New tbdl

Metsboy729

Default New tbdl

Hi my names is Bobby, and I have been in love with diapers, since I was 4. I want to tell my mom, but I don't know how. Does anybody have any tips?

Quote Originally Posted by Metsboy729 View Post
    Hi my names is Bobby, and I have been in love with diapers, since I was 4. I want to tell my mom, but I don't know how. Does anybody have any tips?
    This is a common question here and the short answer is: Don't. Why do you need to feel you have to tell your mom? The results will probably shock her and you would wind up going to a counselor.

This appears to be your first post? Welcome to the group! As you can see, we are a support group and like to know each other beyond the diapers. What can you tell us about your non-AB/DL interests? I'm into reading myself.

Welcome to ADISC, Bobby! It's a pleasure to meet you.

As Zipperless said, it's not a good idea to tell your mom. Most parents don't have a clue about ABDL-related things, and they would get very alarmed to know their child was into wearing diapers. When my parents found out, that was basically their reaction. There are just a lot of things that can go wrong, so I'd suggest not telling her.

Instead, think about what you're hoping to get out of telling her. Usually for most of us, when we want to tell a parent, it's because 1) We want to be able to do our thing openly, or 2) We want acceptance from someone else. (If you have other reasons, please let us know - maybe we can help there too).

If you're hoping to be free to wear your diapers openly, it depends on a few things. If you live with your mom, you can still wait til she's not home, and enjoy some diaper time in privacy. I did this for quite a while, and while it sucks to be limited, you can still have lots of fun when time permits. If you're able to move out on your own, or you currently live on your own, then you're already golden here. Your place, your rules!

The second point, acceptance, is a lot trickier. We all want to be accepted for who we are, and for people to know our secrets and not reject us. That's a legitimate need. You do need to share your ABDL interests somehow, or you end up depressed at being secretive all the time. Unfortunately, our society isn't kind to people like us. There are lots of negative ideas about diaper wearing, and people can make really terrible assumptions about us. But there's still a way! And you're looking at it right now.

This forum, and others like it, are places where we can talk about our interests in diapers and age regression. We're a mixed bag here. Our members range from 18 to their 70s, from all around the world, blue- and white-collar workers, students, and some truly unique folks. All of us drawn together by these interests that we didn't choose, but we've made a happy part of our lives. This community is where we get to let ourselves out and share who we really are. If you wear diapers, you don't have to worry about rejection. You're in very good company!

So my suggestion would be to give ADISC a try. Post in a few threads here, whether about diapers or about some general interest stuff (see the "Off Topic") forum. Meet some people. And see if that fills your need for acceptance. It did for me, and for lots of others.

So overall, I suggest against telling your mom. But you can tell us anything. Welcome to ADISC. We're glad you're here!

For me when I told my mom years ago (1996) when I first tried them at 18, it was more a "so I don't have to hide them" I didn't care if I had to do it only in my room,I just didn't want to have to sneak around

Welcome to Adisc, Bobby. You are already seeing some of the love and support this group is so full of. How about some more info about yourself?

Don't flat out tell her. If a conversation ever heads that direction, then maybe you can tell her that way, but to just blurt it out of the blue would more than likely freak her out. I have a couple of super-close friends that know I am an ABDL, but I also don't flaunt it, or make a big deal of it. If they come over to my place and I'm in play mode, I don't hide it, but that's as far as that has gone, so far. I hope to expand that someday, but for now everything is fine the way it is. I have never told my parents and don't plan to.

As others have said, telling them about this is unnecessary. If the occasion of being caught would arise, then you can explain yourself. Seriously you should hold off, learn more about who you are, grow up and realize that your parents don't want to be involved in any of it.

Answer this question

A) Plan on getting answers or not then leaving ADISC.

B) Be happy with what you get and become a member here.

Because honestly, I don't have a heart to answer. But as other's said. It'll be hurtful to say your mother. Don't claim incontinence, don't claim hurting self-act, do nothing. Unless your mom finds out eventually, it's best to keep it a secret. Sometimes they tell their closest friends but when it comes to parents, we all get different answers and you might not know what kind of answer you will get. So advice, I'd take Adventurer's advice because I'm too tired to offer anything *yawn*

Metsboy729

Thanks for all of the answers, I was a at a rent out cabin today, and I found a pack of adult diapers, and I was able to sneak them out! Score! At least I have some more to use! I didn't steal, someone forgot to take them home.

Well when I was posed with this very similar issue Bobby, I was pretty open with telling my loved ones about it. I figure if they love me, they should at least respect my life choices. They don't have to like it, or accept it. I revealed my ABDL lifestyle to one of my sisters and one of my brothers and surprisingly they didn't even judge and said they understand. With the past all of us had being separated and put into separate foster homes, we all are big kids now. I just express it more so than they do. We all love kids toys, plushies (stuffed animals), and be having like kids. My sister and brother actually think it's cool I'm an adult baby. It's not something they'd do, but they really think it's cool I'm an adult baby.
    Last edited by CrinklesTheBunny; 13-Oct-2014 at 18:39.