Thread: Best type of Pampers?

Default Best type of Pampers?

I'm wondering what the best type of Pampers diaper is? I'm going to be buying a new pack next week, and can't decide on which type. I want to get Extra Protection, but am unsure if they are in stock at my store. So, would you recommend Cruisers, Baby Dry, or Swaddlers? I like a thicker diaper, so I would like it if you said which is thickest.
    Thanks!
    Luvtowearpampers

Well, here's my answer: If you've never tried squeezing into baby diapers before, and if that is your aim, the Cruisers 7 is your best bet. Next up would be either Baby Dry 6 or Extra Protection 6 -- same size as Cruisers 7, but less stretchy in the wings. Extra Protection is the most absorbent of the three, but it's hard to find in size 6. Target often sells it, but you have to buy a box of 46.

Swaddlers are smaller. There is no size 6, so it goes without saying that your chances of stretching into them are not great. Similarly, I would recommend avoiding Cruisers 6. It's smaller than the other 6's.

If you find that stretching into Baby Dry or EP is no big deal, also consider Luvs 6. Same size and similar stretchiness, though I've found the tapes to be a bit less durable.

Edit: For thickest, it'll be either Baby Dry or EP (EP has more SAP, but negligible added fluff). That said, they're all pretty thin. Take them all out of the bag as soon as you buy them and let them expand. They'll practical double in thickness over a couple of days!

Quote Originally Posted by Cottontail View Post
    Well, here's my answer: If you've never tried squeezing into baby diapers before, and if that is your aim, the Cruisers 7 is your best bet. Next up would be either Baby Dry 6 or Extra Protection 6 -- same size as Cruisers 7, but less stretchy in the wings. Extra Protection is the most absorbent of the three, but it's hard to find in size 6. Target often sells it, but you have to buy a box of 46.

Swaddlers are smaller. There is no size 6, so it goes without saying that your chances of stretching into them are not great. Similarly, I would recommend avoiding Cruisers 6. It's smaller than the other 6's.

If you find that stretching into Baby Dry or EP is no big deal, also consider Luvs 6. Same size and similar stretchiness, though I've found the tapes to be a bit less durable.

Edit: For thickest, it'll be either Baby Dry or EP (EP has more SAP, but negligible added fluff). That said, they'll all pretty thin. Take the all out of the bag as soon as you buy them and let them expand. They'll practical double in thickness over a couple of days!
    Thanks for your reply, I've already worn Cruisers size 6 and Luvs so I was really just wondering which is thickest/most absorbent. So I'll go with Baby Dry if they don't have EP. Also thanks for the tip about letting them sit and expand!

Quote Originally Posted by luvtowearpampers View Post
    Thanks for your reply, I've already worn Cruisers size 6 and Luvs so I was really just wondering which is thickest/most absorbent. So I'll go with Baby Dry if they don't have EP. Also thanks for the tip about letting them sit and expand!
    Cool! I should also point out that EP is no better in a flood than the other diapers, so don't expect much of a difference in terms of practical performance that way. They'll swell to the point of self-destruction if you moderate your flow, but just cutting loose will still overwhelm the thin padding. Huggies Overnights is the only baby diaper I've found that I can flood with impunity, but the lack of stretchiness in the diaper makes it a moot point -- for me, anyway.

Cool! I should also point out that EP is no better in a flood than the other diapers, so don't expect much of a difference in terms of practical performance that way. They'll swell to the point of self-destruction if you moderate your flow, but just cutting loose will still overwhelm the thin padding. Huggies Overnights is the only baby diaper I've found that I can flood with impunity, but the lack of stretchiness in the diaper makes it a moot point -- for me, anyway.
    How stretchy are the Overnites? I have about a 32" waist, do you think they could fit me?

Quote Originally Posted by luvtowearpampers View Post
    How stretchy are the Overnites? I have about a 32" waist, do you think they could fit me?
    Not very stretchy, I'm afraid. It's unlikely you'd be able to squeeze into them. I certainly wouldn't buy them without expecting to mod them.

Quote Originally Posted by Cottontail
    That's what I thought but: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...wa%2Caps%2C214 & http://www.walmart.com/ip/Pampers-Sw...-Size/27280840

So apparently they do make a size 6, tho I've never seen them in stores.

//as for OP

I can fit overnights at //crap can't find a tape measure I think 24" waist and 32" hips but not sure atm. The only thing about them that annoys me is they are shorter then luvs and pampers. They absorb great tho.

Quote Originally Posted by computerProgrammer View Post
    That's what I thought but: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...wa%2Caps%2C214 & http://www.walmart.com/ip/Pampers-Sw...-Size/27280840

So apparently they do make a size 6, tho I've never seen them in stores.
    Well crap! Can't let those exist for much longer without trying 'em. Hmmm. Might have to swing by Babies R Us. The one nearest me started carrying Cruisers 7 again, so maybe... Pity my car is in the shop until Sunday.

Well crap! Can't let those exist for much longer without trying 'em. Hmmm. Might have to swing by Babies R Us. The one nearest me started carrying Cruisers 7 again, so maybe... Pity my car is in the shop until Sunday.
    Yea, wish I had a babies R us in my area. would practically live there lol.