Thread: Ex CoD dev admits to brainwashing.

Default Ex CoD dev admits to brainwashing.

So basically in an interview Ex call of duty dev Dave Anthony has stated "we do all the things we can to essentially brainwash people into liking it before it actually comes out"

What are your guys thoughts on this? i have not bought a CoD game since the playstation 1 ones.

Doesn't seem particularly shocking to me. Essentially that's the goal of advertising, get people to buy into your product. Although, I do believe that Anthony is a bit off when he mentions that the military should follow suit when it comes to its recruiting.

This would seem pretty much marketting as usual.

I do find the application of this outside of selling stuff interesting, but I doubt he is the first person to come up with the idea that the same brutally effective techniques used to sell people toothpaste can also sell people political ideas or just about anything else.

By "brainwashing" I'm pretty sure he means advertising. You know, brand recognition and all that jazz.

I'm not sure he knows about the general reputation of CoD among most gamers. Just because I recognize the game title doesn't mean I'm going to buy it -- heck, I only associate it with whiny 12 year olds now thanks to internet popular culture.