Thread: Hello, New to the Forum! Questions about Huggies Overnites

Default Hello, New to the Forum! Questions about Huggies Overnites

Hello, I'm new to the forum (but not a very new ABDL, I've been one for a couple of years). Just to tell you a bit about myself, I enjoy some AB aspects and some DL aspects. I like to use disposable diapers and I like both wetting and messing.
    I usually only buy one pack of diapers at a time, and I'm planning on buying more next week. I haven't used real diapers for very long (I started with some Underjams earlier this year), but have perfected my design of homemade diapers. So, the only other things I've tried are Size 6 Cruisers and Size 6 Luvs. I'm thinking about trying Huggies Overnites next, but have some worries. First off, how stretchy are the side tabs? I have a 30 inch waist and the Underjams (size s/m), Cruisers and Luvs all fit me fine, so do you think the Overnites would fit me? Also, how thick and crinkly are the diapers (compared to the Cruisers and the Luvs)? Finally, how good is the leak protection? I like to wet and mess while laying down or sitting, but will do so standing if necessary. Please forgive me for rambling on, but I'd like to know instead of wasting money on a diaper that doesn't work for me.

Thanks!
    Luvtowearpampers

It's hard to say, every one is different body shape, its not necessarily a waist size issue. I tried size 6 pampers when I had a 30 in waist a long time ago, no way in heck would they fit me.
    I wouldn't call a pack of diapers that didn't fit a waste, you can use them as stuffers, So you should just buy them if you want to try them. If they don't fit, oh well, don't get them again and just find a use for what you have.

Welcomeluvtowearpampers! You've come to the right place for all your questions. I've never been able to wear Pampers since I was a baby, so I'll let others answer your questions. In the meantime, please wander over here and give us an introduction. We like to hear about everyone's non-AB/DL side here, too! Again, welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by luvtowearpampers View Post
    So, the only other things I've tried are Size 6 Cruisers and Size 6 Luvs. I'm thinking about trying Huggies Overnites next, but have some worries. First off, how stretchy are the side tabs? I have a 30 inch waist and the Underjams (size s/m), Cruisers and Luvs all fit me fine,
    You're gonna make a lot of us here jealous with that comment We're all stuck trying to find "babyish" diapers, and you've got the real deal. Enjoy!

The overnight diapers aren't much thicker at all, not very noticeable anyway. They do hold more, but not significantly more. Fisher Price overnight diapers I found to swell quite a bit. They can be found on the internet. At the time I Had them they were pretty stretchy, but diaper designs change all the time. The Fisher Price diapers are a bit cheaper than Pampers or Huggies, but they seem to have similar quality to me.

I think that Huggies Overnites are noticeably thicker and more absorbent than comparable baby diapers. Have you tried the Pampers Extra Protection diapers yet? They are thick like the Huggies Overnites, but use the Pampers system, not the Huggies "square" system. They are also softer than the Huggies diapers.

Quote Originally Posted by bambinobaby View Post
    I think that Huggies Overnites are noticeably thicker and more absorbent than comparable baby diapers. Have you tried the Pampers Extra Protection diapers yet? They are thick like the Huggies Overnites, but use the Pampers system, not the Huggies "square" system. They are also softer than the Huggies diapers.
    I've looked into those, but am unsure if my store will have them. Unfortunately they don't have a full diaper selection (for example they didn't have Underjams or Easy Ups last time I was there, but they did have Goodnites and Pull Ups) so they may not have Extra Protection. But thanks for the suggestion, and I will definitely go for those if they are in stock.

Welcome to Adisc, luvtowearpampers!
    I haven't much to add from what has already been said, but I do encourage you to add more to your introduction, which can be done in stages if you so desire.

Quote Originally Posted by luvtowearpampers View Post
    Hello, I'm new to the forum (but not a very new ABDL, I've been one for a couple of years). Just to tell you a bit about myself, I enjoy some AB aspects and some DL aspects. I like to use disposable diapers and I like both wetting and messing.
    I usually only buy one pack of diapers at a time, and I'm planning on buying more next week. I haven't used real diapers for very long (I started with some Underjams earlier this year), but have perfected my design of homemade diapers. So, the only other things I've tried are Size 6 Cruisers and Size 6 Luvs. I'm thinking about trying Huggies Overnites next, but have some worries. First off, how stretchy are the side tabs? I have a 30 inch waist and the Underjams (size s/m), Cruisers and Luvs all fit me fine, so do you think the Overnites would fit me? Also, how thick and crinkly are the diapers (compared to the Cruisers and the Luvs)? Finally, how good is the leak protection? I like to wet and mess while laying down or sitting, but will do so standing if necessary. Please forgive me for rambling on, but I'd like to know instead of wasting money on a diaper that doesn't work for me.

Thanks!
    Luvtowearpampers
    You fit in size 6's?? Luc-ky! All I can say is, welcome to the forum! And: let us know how the overnites work out! I'm kinda tempted to get some myself--they're really cute! (Cute diapers are the most fun to wet/mess, too~
    So what are your favorite diapers so far? When did you get into DL, and what else do you do for fun?