Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: A new video... :(

Default A new video... :(

Please watch it in its entirety and don't skip out after a few minutes. Try to have an open mind while watching. Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ED_PekZfnG0

You can just post your videos in a blog if you want to tell everyone. Sometimes when you post video's in threads, it is less likely that they will be clicked because they may contain a virus or it's something not in their interest. If you talk about the video in a blog, then post it, your more than likely to get more views than expected.

Threads are more of a meant for discussion types, not advertising. Just trying to help ya out.

You also have another one here: http://www.adisc.org/forum/showthrea...776-A-new-Vid-)
    Last edited by Snivy; 08-Oct-2014 at 19:47.

I don't believe there's such a thing as "constructive criticism," but I'll offer some advice that will help you on-camera: Learn to pronounce "ABDL" as "Eh-Bee-Dee-El" rather than "Eh-Bee-Dull." In two words: Slow down.

We should legalize ABDL marriage to legitamize our movement.

I'm not sure what that video was about. Sounds like a lot of drama. I don't see any of this in my life. Those who have drama are often drawn to it. That's true of any body, ABDL, gay, teenaged drama queens, the list goes on. I don't get the allegories here. People cause shit no matter what walks of life they are from.

Well I find that inspiring actually ForeverSmall! I wish I was able to come up with that idea sooner ironically. You basically put into words what I never had the ability to say. I can see controversy coming down on this thread but I believe that this is actually a positive thing about AB/DL's and the media. I would like to say that I believe we need healthy media coverage instead of what we are currently getting. I understand that media portraying the AB/DL community is disingenuous at best because it's all about shock value to them for the purpose of ratings. I am Wondering how does a AB/DL go on like a talk show and shock a audience with the truth in a way that is healthy for the AB/DL community? It takes a lot to do something like that and most people who would be in a position to help (the AB/DL as well as LGBTQ community to a certain extent) simply refuse to do so because of their resentment or fear of these things. ForeverSmall would you be able to make any suggestions about how to go about doing that? I suspect that is what the whole AB/DL community needs the most actually.

And yes I can understand that there are going to be people who totally disagree with this. Please do so in a civilized matter and obey the rules because I think all of us know tempers are about to flare up so always try to remember to ask yourself the question "how does this statement support this community" when you post it.
    Last edited by giantguy99; 08-Oct-2014 at 15:20.

Quote Originally Posted by Snivy View Post
    You can just post your videos in a blog if you want to tell everyone. Sometimes when you post video's in threads, it is less likely that they will be clicked because they may contain a virus or it's something not in their interest. If you talk about the video in a blog, then post it, your more than likely to get more views than expected.

Threads are more of a meant for discussion types, not advertising. Just trying to help ya out.

You also have another one here: http://www.adisc.org/forum/showthrea...776-A-new-Vid-)
    Kind of assumed this one would stir up a discussion.... Besides no one ever reads blogs....

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverSmall View Post
    Kind of assumed this one would stir up a discussion.... Besides no one ever reads blogs....
    How would you know? Have you took the time to make one and check some responses out. People read blogs and sometimes comment, just because someone comments, doesn't mean they did not read it, might mean they just don't have a response right away or you gave specific detail that does not need an answer.

I can't watch the video because I'm between meetings at work right now, but I'll quickly comment on the "media coverage" theme in the discussion: What do people think would actually happen if AB/DL received "good" coverage in the press? I fear the expectations are insanely unrealistic. Further, there is no accepted archetype of an AB/DL. Choosing somebody to represent AB/DL to the public would be like choosing a human delegate to an interplanetary government committee. Black? White? Asian? Straight? Gay? Religious? In fact, many view the ability to moderate one's AB/DL and keep it separate from their "real life" as a virtue, which disqualifies anybody who wants the job.

The seeming breakthrough in acceptance of homosexuality has been bought, not by media coverage, but by sheer numbers. Gayness is common relative to AB/DL. People come out to friends and family, and pretty soon almost everybody can claim to know somebody who's gay. And they realize, "You know what? That person was ok before I knew he was gay, so why is he any less now?" Unfortunately, that approach doesn't really work for AB/DL. The numbers just aren't there.
    Last edited by Cottontail; 07-Oct-2014 at 21:05.

Quote Originally Posted by Snivy View Post
    How would you know? Have you took the time to make one and check some responses out. People read blogs and sometimes comment, just because someone comments, doesn't mean they did not read it, might mean they just don't have a response right away or you gave specific detail that does not need an answer.
    Rather the point I am getting at here is that posting my videos in my own blog would be pointless. I am trying to reach out and broaden my audience slightly... But honeslty before I go looking for viewers I want to try and get feedback somewhere like ADISC as I am in the process of making the video series so i can tailor my future videos to the communitie's needs.

I might make a blog/tumblr/ect. when I am finnished and ready. Right now no one cares.

Besides... would you rather be reading threads like "I think this gurl in my clas is a ABDL!", or "whats ur fav diaper, I like pampers sixe 5. (Includes grotesque diaper thong crotch shots)?".....

You make some really good points in the video. I agree that like you have said, there are people for whom ABDL is too big a part of them to stay in the closet. In an ideal world, as long as they are not causing harm, everyone should be accepted for who they are. Unfortunately our world is far from ideal. I fully support your efforts to help openly ABDL people to be accepted. However, I don't think it is realistic to expect everyone who has a fetish or fascination for diapers or being little to be open about it with the whole world. For most of those people, the difficulties they would face in doing so would far outweigh any benefit they would gain. I'll use a personal example. In the last year I have come out as gay to my immediate family and many of my friends. It has been very challenging, but also very rewarding, I am in a much better place in terms of my mental health and happiness. I am not struggling with depression like I was before. In the near future I plan to come out to my extended family, after which I will be more open about being gay with my broader group of acquaintances. Unfortunately most of my family is very conservatively religious. I don't know how many, but I fully expect to lose contact with some of my family members and friends after they learn I am gay. That prospect makes me sad, but I know it will be worth it. Such a big part of who I am, and I how I live my life, is not something I want to keep hidden forever. I am certainly grateful for the sacrifices, made largely by openly queer people, that have helped society reach a point where I can be open without too much fear of serious consequences. On the flip side, my desires and interests in diapers and being little, have been with me since my earliest memories, around 3 or 4. ABDL is certainly part of who I am as a person, but it is not something that has a huge impact on the way I live my life in public. Because of this, I have no personal benefit in sharing these desires with anyone other than my S.O. and maybe a few close friends. Am I being selfish? Yes. If I came out of the closet about ABDL it might make things easier for other ABDL's but the detriment to my own social life and job prospects etc... would be huge. Because of this I am not going to. For the people who are Agequeer or so much ABDL that they must be open, I hope they can find ways of living their lives, that they can be happy and fulfilled. I am happy for them to speak openly in public spheres, as long as they make it clear that they only speak for themselves, and not for everyone with ABDL interests. We should all be working toward making society generally more accepting of difference. It seems to be moving in that direction already. Maybe there will be a day when everyone can be open about differing sexual identities, no matter how big or small. I think we are on the way, but unfortunately we are not there yet. Thank you for making and sharing your video, I think it has created a good space for some important thought and discussion.