Thread: Question for Ladies Who've Changed Boys

Default Question for Ladies Who've Changed Boys

We were picnicking this weekend and watched a gaggle of grade school-age girls stop playing and run - literally! - to watch a mom change a little boy. The mother must have known the chaos that would ensue, because she called out, "Hey Annette! Do you want to help change Tommy's diaper?"

I'm sure all this was innocent enough, but it's made me wonder: Did any of you ladies use changing times to learn how boys were made?

I know there's a modesty double-standard at work here, but I imagine these girls couldn't have cared less had the baby been another girl. The fact that the baby was a boy made them stop everything and run. I was there - I saw it and heard their conversation on the point.

I don't have children, and I'd like to know if this is at all common or a frequent occurrence. Did any of you female ADISCers learn about boys firsthand while you were changing diapers? If not, is there some other attraction (forgive the term, but I cannot think of another) for girls who are given the opportunity to change a baby boy?

I'm certain a lot of girls learned by watching a mother change a baby boy. As for me, I accidentally walked in on my dad coming out of the shower a few times when i was very little, so I was well aware that boys were different "down there." I also had a children's picture dictionary with anatomically correct references of both males and females in it. I never understood the fuss until I took it in for an anatomy and sex ed class (in MIDDLE SCHOOL) and everyone but me was tittering about "eeeeew his penis is showing!"

I also remember that one of my cousins thought for way too long that girls also had penises... I found out when it was a hot day and he asked his mom if we could sit around naked to beat the heat. When she said no, he said, "But we're all the same underneath! I have nipples, and they have nipples. I have a belly button, and they have a belly button. I have a pee-pee, and they have pee-pees!" I have to wonder when they straightened that out...

Speaking from the other side of the gender fence I can say I often think my diaper fascination comes from around age 5 watching my best friend's baby sister being changed. It was it was the cloth diaper era, "64" or "65", there was #2, her mother rinsed the diaper in the toilet with an up-down swishing and threw it in the diaper pail. That was my first look at female genitalia I can remember and though I was young I was very sexually charged at the time but without any understanding why. Somehow the diaper rinsing ritual stuck still haunting me in subconsciousness some 50 years later.

Default Question for Ladies Who've Changed Boys

I always felt like DaVinci's Vitruvian man growing up. I had a huge family with tons and tons of cousins that were more like occasional siblings, we hung out and grew up together.

Unfortunately for me, all but one of the twelve or so cousins in my particular age group were girls, there were boys older than me in my family--but they mostly hung out with each other.

I was out of diapers too early to ever remember being changed by anyone, but I do remember being almost like a science subject for a group of girls while staying over at my grandmas place on numerous occasions.

School aged girls seeing it for the first time?

Damn, what kind of education they received!!

Over where I live, kids, less than 3, already learn to name body parts with pictures and real representations from their siblings (their age) during bath time, for example.

There is no taboo about it. It's just basic general knowledge.

I was kept pretty much in the dark about such things as a youngster, so I didn't know what penises were until probably my early teens. Before that, probably by the age of 9 or 10 so, I knew only vaguely that there was some kind of difference between boys' and girls' private parts. Like, I knew that boys could pee standing up/use urinals, but didn't really understand how.
    Last edited by KimbaWolfNagihiko; 08-Oct-2014 at 04:54.

Quote Originally Posted by bob111 View Post
    School aged girls seeing it for the first time?

Damn, what kind of education they received!!

Over where I live, kids, less than 3, already learn to name body parts with pictures and real representations from their siblings (their age) during bath time, for example.

There is no taboo about it. It's just basic general knowledge.
    I'm not sure where "over where" is, but I never saw a naked female of any age until I was 19. The girls I saw last weekend gave no indication they'd ever seen a naked boy. Maybe "basic general knowledge" tends to vary from place to place.

Quote Originally Posted by FeekaDimension View Post
    I'm certain a lot of girls learned by watching a mother change a baby boy. As for me, I accidentally walked in on my dad coming out of the shower a few times when i was very little, so I was well aware that boys were different "down there." I also had a children's picture dictionary with anatomically correct references of both males and females in it. I never understood the fuss until I took it in for an anatomy and sex ed class (in MIDDLE SCHOOL) and everyone but me was tittering about "eeeeew his penis is showing!"

I also remember that one of my cousins thought for way too long that girls also had penises... I found out when it was a hot day and he asked his mom if we could sit around naked to beat the heat. When she said no, he said, "But we're all the same underneath! I have nipples, and they have nipples. I have a belly button, and they have a belly button. I have a pee-pee, and they have pee-pees!" I have to wonder when they straightened that out...
    Thinking back I believe I too had a children's dictionary that gave simple definitions of penis and vagina... No illustrations... Still it didn't help me much :P (Nor did owning a male dog...)

When I was in 5th grade, I went through sex education for the first time. Before then, I knew only vaguely that boys and girls were different somehow, but I didn't know how they were different. Sometimes I miss being that innocent.