Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need advice on next purchase

Default Need advice on next purchase

So, I'm looking for a new diaper to buy, and I need some suggestions. I have a 31 inch waist, and I prefer plastic backed. I really don't want to spend over about $40, and buying by the case is out of the question due to the limited space i have. I know abena recently went cloth backed, so that's out of the question. How are tenas, and are there any others you ladies and gentlemen could recommend? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Xunlaochi7 View Post
    So, I'm looking for a new diaper to buy, and I need some suggestions. I have a 31 inch waist, and I prefer plastic backed. I really don't want to spend over about $40, and buying by the case is out of the question due to the limited space i have. I know abena recently went cloth backed, so that's out of the question. How are tenas, and are there any others you ladies and gentlemen could recommend? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    I don't know where you are from, so it's kind of difficult for anyone give you suggestions.

Tena is also cloth backed now in case you didn't know.
    Last edited by MeTaLMaNN1983; 06-Oct-2014 at 17:03.

Oh i didn't know that. Thanks for letting me know. I'm from Mississippi in the United States. We don't really have any specialty stores around here, so it'll definitely be an online purchase if that helps any.

Quote Originally Posted by Xunlaochi7 View Post
    Oh i didn't know that. Thanks for letting me know. I'm from Mississippi in the United States. We don't really have any specialty stores around here, so it'll definitely be an online purchase if that helps any.
    I have a simialer waist size, and you can still get Abena M4 in plastic backed. Also, if you really want to spend some coin, dry 24/7 in small would probably fit you.

Quote Originally Posted by whiskeybravo View Post
    I have a simialer waist size, and you can still get Abena M4 in plastic backed. Also, if you really want to spend some coin, dry 24/7 in small would probably fit you.
    Well, that's nice to know. I just checked on the price for the dry 24/7, and that's sort of insane. $31 for 18 plus shipping to where I live would probably be about $40-$50 for 18. Would like to try them out one day though.

Do you have an Amazon prime account? If so you will have more options and free shipping. If you are a student you can get a prime account for free.

Abena hasn't gone to cloth backed totally...you can still buy the xplus plastic backed at http://www.northshorecare.com/abena-...ic-briefs.html
    $22 for the M4's which are by far one of the best diapers around

Your best bet would be Abena M4's then. They are easy to fill up, don't need frequent changes till urine fill wise, and holds up to 90oz of urine.

Medium case contains 14 and a large case contains 13 so pricing average is $25-27 Dollars and a perfect starter diaper for almost anybody and I would highly recommend these to you or just about anyone really. The cotton stretches to the flaps almost and it's a plastic diaper so it is disposable. It can easily be used and for most DL's out there, they would say and also my opinion that this is a perfect starter diaper, nothing too expensive and has all qualities a diaper really should have.

These are on the top 5-plastic backed diapers on the market although they may not look cute, they definitely do their job by telling whether it is time to change, keeping urine locked in place thanks to high SAP and leak guards to prevent running out, and refastenable tapes.

Dry 24/7's are a bit on the expensive side but you will have the money I am sure off one day but give the M4's a try and see where that takes you. I know some locations that will fit your price range.

http://www.amazon.com/Abena-Abri-For.../dp/B004GJOB10 Select "Sold by Quality Homecare Products" I used this company and they take less than a week to arrive but no tracking number available.

http://bambinodiapers.com/abena-abri...tplastic-c-17/ Free shipping in the USA and price is the same average fair.

These are free-shipping I named for you so your not paying anything extra that you need to.

As for Dry 24/7's they are a step higher than the M4's but a little bit more money which is ok for my book because these plastic-backed do much more than the M4's with more SAP involved, Only need 1 diaper a day instead of two, elastic waistbands to extract a comforting fit, and completely white with whatever kinds of designs you want to put on yourself. Although this does exceed your Money value whenever you do get extra money, these will satisfy you more.

Dry 24/7's can be purchased here.

http://www.dry247.com/ with free shipping (To 48 states except Alaska and hawaii) (Exceeds to your $40 limit)

http://www.xpmedical.com/dry247.html (Price is dropped to $30 for a case of 18 but shipping might add more to the amount)

Yeah abena m4 case is $60 acase on xpmedical.com and ur best bet. U get 42 a case, its worth spending the extra money on them over anything else.

I'd try samples before making a plunge. Northshore Care has a decent plastic backed one they just released, if you fit M4s fine, then these will fit about the same. You could always try either of the absorbency plus diapers from XP Medical as well, they fit a bit small for the medium, so they'd probably be okay on a size 31. Tena can still be found plastic backed in the US, but you usually end up having to buy a huge case for $100+. Superio is another decent diaper.