Thread: iTunes price change and removing copyright

Question iTunes price change and removing copyright

Sorry if this has already been done, I couldn't find a thread that talked abou this.

We have all heard that Apple's iTunes is getting rid of copyright protection on it's songs and that the price of songs are going from the standard $.99 to $.66, $.99 and $1.30, but does anyone know when this will happen?

I heard about this a few weeks ago and I still can't convert alot of the songs I have in my iTunes to MP3.

I can finally spend my $25 in store credit and uninstall iTunes. Hurrah!

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
    Wow, that letmegoogleitforyou.com site will be super useful in the future Thanks

Takashi: It's already in place. It's not everything, they're converting songs to that format. They're still $0.99, but the selected songs are twice the quality and DRM-free. If you already own a copy of the song, it's $0.66 to upgrade the song. (as in, you bought it previously on iTunes before it became iTunes Plus, or you 'acquired' it from LimeWire and imported it into your library.)

Quote Originally Posted by NoobSauce View Post
    Takashi: It's already in place. It's not everything, they're converting songs to that format. They're still $0.99, but the selected songs are twice the quality and DRM-free. If you already own a copy of the song, it's $0.66 to upgrade the song. (as in, you bought it previously on iTunes before it became iTunes Plus, or you 'acquired' it from LimeWire and imported it into your library.)
    So what do I have to do because I downloaded iTunes 8 last night and it's still giving me crap.