Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good average priced diapers

Default Good average priced diapers

I'm looking for suggestions to a good, averagely priced diaper for wear on overnight use, as well as daytime. I'm not incontinent but will be using them, I will be able to know when I need em and get up to use em, if I even get up. I Will also be using during the day when I'm in AB mode, im just trying to get an opinion on diapers that will last a solid wetting for a good price. I'm not asking for cheapest, cause I know you get what you pay for, but I don't wet gallons every time I pee. But all reviews I seem to see say everything is good.

So I'm asking for help. I may try to become a side wetter since that's my sleep position, but I would still be doing it while awake and conscious. The two I've been looking at are the absorbency plus and total dry plus. Thanks for any help

TL;DR: Wearing Overnight, not incontinent, cheaper diaper needed.

Well, as far as cheap goes you get what you pay for. Side wetting is dangerous regardless of the quality as that's where most leaks occur.

But yes, you've come to the right place for help. We are a support community and help out as much as we can. As such, we like to get to know each others non AB/DL interests. Can you post an intro here? Thanks and welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Teambobman View Post
    I'm looking for suggestions to a good, averagely priced diaper for wear on overnight use, as well as daytime. I'm not incontinent but will be using them, I will be able to know when I need em and get up to use em, if I even get up. I Will also be using during the day when I'm in AB mode, im just trying to get an opinion on diapers that will last a solid wetting for a good price. I'm not asking for cheapest, cause I know you get what you pay for, but I don't wet gallons every time I pee. But all reviews I seem to see say everything is good.

So I'm asking for help. I may try to become a side wetter since that's my sleep position, but I would still be doing it while awake and conscious. The two I've been looking at are the absorbency plus and total dry plus. Thanks for any help

TL;DR: Wearing Overnight, not incontinent, cheaper diaper needed.
    That'll be tough. Sidewetting is a challenge for us "wetters" because it slips out of enemy lines when we are not expecting. You want to look for diapers with leak guards such as Abena M4's or Dry 24/7's with maximum padding. Sometimes it is helpful for plastic sticking up and sticking to your skin but if not applied properly, they will flow away. For example.

Abena M4/L4's
    • Wetness indicator to tell time that needs of changing (If you are into that stuff)
    • Refastenable tape tabs to slip on and off for either comfort or using bathroom if not time to use your diaper.
    • Leak guards
    • Regular leg gatherings around in case sitting or standing so urine don't run off.
    • Comfortable and reliable.

This one is fairly priced and can be easily obtained over the internet in less than a week from either Amazon, Bambino Diapers, or XPmedical

This diaper can hold up to maybe 7-8 wettings (Approximate 1 diaper=7-9 hours) and can use this maybe once to twice a day with high volume of SAP it contains. If you prefer mediums, they cost an average of $1.43 and can contain 14 for one medium case.

Now for Dry 24/7's have this.

• Leak guards
    • Plain white with no colors
    • Extra padding for more efficiency
    • Front and back elastic waistbands for comfort fitting
    • refastenable tapes.
    • high volume of SAP

This diaper is the king and rivals it's opponent Bellissimo's but are fairly priced for what they do. Can handle multiple wettings about maybe 9-10 (approximate 1 diaper=9-11 Hours) Practically, you can use this diaper once a day and get your money's worth out (Not counting messing wise)

They can be obtained from their website, and XPmedical.

These two would be your best bet if you plan on using these for all day and night access and are majorly discreet in case you plan on hiding from anyone.

Now absorbency plus is a great use and fairly cheap as well but has no leak guards so it might not support you for major wetting, but does have high SAP, cheap, and fairly simple to use. The maximum time you can stay in these approximately is 6-7 hours for one diaper meaning you can use this diaper like 2-3 times a day for 24/7 use. You would definitely want to go with a level.4 as you want to maximize your capacity levels if you plan on getting these. But they are kinda average on removals so you want to be extra careful on not making a mess. But it is strong with it's plastic and it's SAP. These diapers are all white with a indicator whether it's time to change and helps keep skin dry.

Cited Info Below

Pictures came from google from locations: ADISC, Amazon, XPmedical, agirlandherdiapers, and the dry 247 website.
    Nothing was plagiarized.
    Last edited by Snivy; 06-Oct-2014 at 02:27. Reason: Fixed wrong information.

Snivy, good post but a quick correction: Absorbency plus does not have leak guards, and does in fact have a wetness indicator strip.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabresong View Post
    Snivy, good post but a quick correction: Absorbency plus does not have leak guards, and does in fact have a wetness indicator strip.
    Caught that, deeply appreciate your help *licks face* ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Snivy View Post
    That'll be tough. Sidewetting is a challenge for us "wetters" because it slips out of enemy lines when we are not expecting. You want to look for diapers with leak guards such as Abena M4's or Dry 24/7's with maximum padding. Sometimes it is helpful for plastic sticking up and sticking to your skin but if not applied properly, they will flow away. For example.

Abena M4/L4's
    • Wetness indicator to tell time that needs of changing (If you are into that stuff)
    • Refastenable tape tabs to slip on and off for either comfort or using bathroom if not time to use your diaper.
    • Leak guards
    • Regular leg gatherings around in case sitting or standing so urine don't run off.
    • Comfortable and reliable.

This one is fairly priced and can be easily obtained over the internet in less than a week from either Amazon, Bambino Diapers, or XPmedical

This diaper can hold up to maybe 7-8 wettings (Approximate 1 diaper=7-9 hours) and can use this maybe once to twice a day with high volume of SAP it contains. If you prefer mediums, they cost an average of $1.43 and can contain 14 for one medium case.

Now for Dry 24/7's have this.

• Leak guards
    • Plain white with no colors
    • Extra padding for more efficiency
    • Front and back elastic waistbands for comfort fitting
    • refastenable tapes.
    • high volume of SAP

This diaper is the king and rivals it's opponent Bellissimo's but are fairly priced for what they do. Can handle multiple wettings about maybe 9-10 (approximate 1 diaper=9-11 Hours) Practically, you can use this diaper once a day and get your money's worth out (Not counting messing wise)

They can be obtained from their website, and XPmedical.

These two would be your best bet if you plan on using these for all day and night access and are majorly discreet in case you plan on hiding from anyone.

Now absorbency plus is a great use and fairly cheap as well with high leak guards and high SAP, cheap, and fairly simple to use. The maximum time you can stay in these approximately is 6-7 hours for one diaper meaning you can use this diaper like 2-3 times a day for 24/7 use. You would definitely want to go with a level.4 as you want to maximize your capacity levels if you plan on getting these. But they are kinda average on removals so you want to be extra careful on not making a mess. But it is strong with it's plastic and it's SAP. These diapers are all white so there isn't any indicator whether it's time to change at all but it does help keep skin dry.

Cited Info Below

Pictures came from google from locations: ADISC, Amazon, XPmedical, agirlandherdiapers, and the dry 247 website.
    Nothing was plagiarized.

These was a very helpful post thanks snivy! when I get back to working I am really considering getting some bambino's and abena M4's this was the info I have been looking for.

I would consider M-4s and 24/7s premium quality and premium priced diapers. For average price with good quality look at Tranquility ATNs from Northshore or Tena Slip from XP Medical, both very good products and suppliers.

For day use I would say go with just about anything available including store brands but wear any new diapers at home first for a while until you know their capabilities and limitations. Remembering that in the day people can change their diapers every 3 or 4 hours when they are wet. At night you can sleep 7 or 8 hours so any old diaper won't hold up. I say unless you go with cloth diapers and plastic pants where you can layer the cloth to add more where you need to (and cloth is better for side sleepers), pay the extra money and get the best quality and highest absorbent diapers that you can. Don't go with cheap for overnight or you will be sorry.

If you want a decent priced cloth backed diaper, I'd go for FitRight Super. Best fitting diaper that just kind of disappears. They are around 40 bucks for 80 diapers, usually can handle 2 maybe 3 wettings. Parentgiving.com or thediaperpiper.com. If you don't mind boosters, I'd recommend the First Quality IB Briefs with a Abrilet Maxi. It doesn't have the extra leg gatherers, but seems to do alright. I've seen them go from 40 to 50 bucks for 96 diapers. I get mine locally so I pay a little more. They definitely crinkle. I'd recommend doing boosters if your wanting to save money, they tend to extend a lot of the low to mid end diapers.

If you have any experience trying the bambino line of diapers, they make a budget TotalDry Plus diaper that is basically a less absorbent version of the higher priced bambinos.

http://bambinodiapers.com/about-tota...ef-ezp-34.html

They aren't printed like the other diapers are, but they're plastic backed, have decent leak guards and two waistbands, and seem to be a pretty good budget diaper.