*NOTE: Do not get mad at me for my opinions. If you dislike them, then feel free to let the door hit you in the ass on the way out :P*
*These are honest reviews from my perspective, nothing was plagiarized from anywhere, these are MY words*
The game was nice and unique the day I got it but I ran into several problems I think it needs fixing and some major stuff that has change I am not impressed with.
The character roster is ok and I was surprised to see Robin and my veteran Ike make it in but I don't understand the point of fighting capabilities. They are all different of course but some attack patterns don't even make sense or pertain to their story lines in the actual games. Some moves have been replaced, final smashes have been changed. Zelda can summon a sword beast? Samus has her own outfit and her girl as separate fighters? Every Smash is a new and unique pokemon fighter but since when did this "Greninja" start making appearances in any movies or something? Jigglypuff was technically the same but the old smash came around when pokemon was basically starring and he was in almost every episode. There were just a few characters fighting and strength capabilities I have to list.
- Yoshi: Cool green fighter but they nerfed him like a pulp and doesn't do as much attack as brawl and decreased his climb frames to like -.5 which I don't know why, I think they are trying to embarrass Yoshi too much.
- Lucario: His attacks got nerfed. His counter-attack makes you fly off the screen which is complete-bullshit. I always had to counter back in brawl when I would get attack but now if I do I have to worry about getting my ownself killed. His final smash sucks now because I loved the Aura Storm all the time because I had many fighting tactics that would pull to that but now it's just a mega form...I never played X or Y and do not plan on it.
- Charizard: I don't know why you would kill the pokemon trainer off for this one. Frames were not that bad when it came to fighting and I thought Ivysaur was a skilled fighter but nope. Charizard made it and gave him a mega form as a final smash. His Flame Charge is too fast (I dunno why this went from rock smash to that) and you can not stop this thing except to jump. His attack wave was huge so you need to jump before he could like get a mile near you or something.
- Villager: New fighter but just sucks to me. I have yet to learn how to use him but a lightweight character, can't do much for that.
- Bowser Jr: He kinda looks raunchy as a fighter with only his helicopter. I love it how they brought back the koopalings but at least lost the helicopter and they would look cool fighting.
- Kirby: Final smash sucks and glitchy, I hit 7 people with his smash and none of them did not go through and I literally were on them. One was in my face when I used it and a few were at far sight.
- Dark Pit: Ok so why would you make a Dark Pit: Just throw him as a costume.
- Zelda: Split her Sheik "personality" (Not it but I'm using this word) as two (Same for Samus and her other form) and they nerfed her Final Smash
- Ness: Kinda weird how his Final Smash is now controllable.
Those are my rants for those characters.
I love these fighters
- Wii-Fit Trainer: Standard fighting guards and fast-paced.
- Little Mac: Might suck in the sky but strong on the ground and fast-paced.
- Ike: I still love him for not changing.
- Marth: I still love him for not changing.
- Lucina: I am so glad she came in the game, strong and very easy to use.
The most annoying to me is the shake-rate. If you would get grabbed or something It takes so many circle's to break free and I have fast fingers but I can't save myself from a fish on a stage "Balloon Fight"
BIG THING IS DUPLICATE CHARACTERS
I thought we left melee? We have Mario and Dr. Mario, Pit and Dark Pit...seriously.
Now the items in the game are ridiculous. Some items are pretty much run-off screen items, "Rocket" "Drill" "Boss Galaga" and the new ones are kinda weird and unique like "Bees" "Back shields" "Jet-packs" "More Guns"
Now the Smash ball's shield rate went down so now it takes a few hits to destroy and everyone's final smashes times decreased so whatever you got, you need to use it in a hurry.
Let's throw in more swords? "Ore Club" and "Fire Bar"? Interesting, I guess but kinda weird but oh well.
I love the Master Ball feature but I feel it'll get annoying in the long run because I think. I got mad in one fight where I saw three of these things. 2 of them for which my opponents (Computer and Dmitri) had were legendarys but I threw out a Goldeen...talk about rotten luck :p
The Bullet Bill I die with. I thought it was a throw item but I pick it up and I run off the screen with Sonic Taunting me "Sonic Speed"...yeah no kidding.
It was fairly disappointing for features in the game and it felt like it could do better. Classic Run is the only thing I enjoy but it's over quickly (Spoiler=If you haven't yet, Play insanity 8.0 without dying and expect one hell of a boss fight) I will label the features out.
- Target Blast: A cross-over of Angry Birds, haha genius but I will always love the original which is sad that isn't in the game.
- All-star: They are doing this based on years which is disappointing to me because it's over again too quickly where at least 5-6 are thrown and feels like their damage ratio is 1.5. I rather prefer having it like 2-3 like brawl and possible Melee
- Smash Run: Just...no I think this is a stupid game mode all in front. This was a waste of a slot and would have served better as an exercise program for characters to follow Wii-fit Trainer. A 5 minute fight to gain stuff and fight CPU's for a minute? This is again...stupid
- Trophy Rush: I love it although I am confused on why randomly the bottom floor get's destroyed
- Street Smash: What the hell is this? Token's fighting each other? I rather throw coins as my hated neighbor and make that as my enjoyment
- Smash: At least this was brought back
- Trophy Shop: Kinda nice but more looking for a trophy I don't have...I can take what I can get.
Those are my Pro's and Con's for this game. I feel now they should work on the game a little-bit more over the fall/winter season and I am missing Mr. Game and Watch out of all and I will have all Characters and Challenges. Game is overall fun as I hoped it would be but again...expected a little bit more but what can you do for a 3DS Chip? It is their game not mine but I wanted to see some stuff like this.
- Have a longer campaign
- Target Smash instead of playing Angry Birds
- The nametags displayed as always
- Missed the Level-creators (Probably wouldn't be in here anyway, more suitable for the Wii-u)
- Glasses, Everyone needs glasses
I hope it's better maybe in the future since IT IS new and once again, I'm voicing my opinion. I love the game and I am not trying to tear it apart.
So everyone, Let's stretch our legs -Wii Fit Trainer
EDIT: Software release just came out. I hope that software break I just issue get's fixed in this one.