Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The result of wearing diapers? (clinical, but graphic)

Post The result of wearing diapers? (clinical, but graphic)

I'm sure other guys, and maybe women, have encountered this problem. The way (pardon, but I'll have to be somewhat graphic) that some men's penis is naturally positioned in diaper leaves the opening of the urethra pressed against the padding of the diaper. When urinating, this can result in a good deal of pressure against the urethra and causes some temporary (it should immediately go away) stretching of the opening. This happens to me especially the first time I wet a diaper. When I first started wearing, this was painful; now it just hurts a little, and not necessarily in a bad way. This leads me to think that over time the opening of my urethra has become somewhat stretched, though not noticably upon visual inspection.

I've noticed in the past year that after uriniating, no matter how much I shake, I'll often have a spot or two, smaller than, or about the size of, a quarter on my boxers sometimes even on my pants, albeit a smaller spot (dime). I don't drip except after having used the bathroom. Has anyone else experienced this problem, and if they have, do you think it might be the result of wearing diapers and the phenomenon I describe above? I've even considered wearing a pad of some kind inside my boxers. The spot is embarassing, but I doubt anyone has noticed. On the other hand, most of my sweats or pajamas that I wear at home develop a smell and must be washed much more often than is typical for something that never leaves the house. This problem does not seem worth seeing a doctor over yet, and I don't think that this particular form of incontinence, if it even qualifies as incontinence, has a "cure." It seems more like the kind of problem that is "managed" and as an AB, I'm uniquely prepared to deal with that on my own.

The drippage that you are describing is actually fairly common from what I have seen. Many men experience this from extremely minor to a somewhat problematic amount.

This has happened to me, though I do not attribute it at all to wearing diapers, I think it's more of a sign of getting older, though at least for myself being in my 20's, I cannot consider myself old. Like I said, it does happen to me and more than just a few drops so yes, I do wear a guard (usually the generic version of the depend guards for men) in my underwear everyday, and I do mean everyday. Wearing a guard has been a great solution for me, it keeps my underwear dry which is nice. I only need to use one a day, but if I don't, the wet spots will be bothersome.

Honestly, I wouldn't worry too much about this, if you are truly concerned, then see your doctor. It's my opinion that this is something that likely happens to a lot of guys. It even has a medical term called post-micturition dribble (sp?). From what I have read on this condition, it is quite harmless, easily managed either with a guard or without and are generally just something that happens as our bodies age. Look at me, I'm talking like an old man here and I'm barely old enough to rent a car, lol.

One more thing, if you choose to wear guards to control it, you will need to wear form fitting underwear. Nothing special, but either briefs or boxer-briefs. Boxer shorts will not really allow you to use guards due to the fact that they are not form fitting.

I think I'm too young to attribute this to aging (22). There is a correlation in my past between increased diaper wearing and this problem. It seems far fetched to say there is some causation. But I wouldn't be surprised if this gradual stretching does occur given the way I naturally sit in relation to the surface of the inside of my diaper.

When I said boxers, I meant underwear generically. I don't know if I'm ready to resort to pads yet. It seems like the kind of thing that once you start, you never stop.
    Last edited by harris; 23-Jan-2009 at 03:23.

I am 25 and i have the same type of leaks, mine are abit worse but about the same deal

I also have the same problem but its not a big deal at all. I mean the one or two drops you can NEVER get out it seams.

Korey

I think im going to write a book on the mystery of the last few drops...

Quote Originally Posted by Korey View Post
    I think im going to write a book on the mystery of the last few drops...

And I'll definitely read it... I'm 19 and I have definite problems with this.

Quote Originally Posted by harris View Post
    I'm sure other guys, and maybe women, have encountered this problem. The way (pardon, but I'll have to be somewhat graphic) that some men's penis is naturally positioned in diaper leaves the opening of the urethra pressed against the padding of the diaper. When urinating, this can result in a good deal of pressure against the urethra and causes some temporary (it should immediately go away) stretching of the opening. This happens to me especially the first time I wet a diaper. When I first started wearing, this was painful; now it just hurts a little, and not necessarily in a bad way. This leads me to think that over time the opening of my urethra has become somewhat stretched, though not noticably upon visual inspection.

I've noticed in the past year that after uriniating, no matter how much I shake, I'll often have a spot or two, smaller than, or about the size of, a quarter on my boxers sometimes even on my pants, albeit a smaller spot (dime). I don't drip except after having used the bathroom. Has anyone else experienced this problem, and if they have, do you think it might be the result of wearing diapers and the phenomenon I describe above? I've even considered wearing a pad of some kind inside my boxers. The spot is embarassing, but I doubt anyone has noticed. On the other hand, most of my sweats or pajamas that I wear at home develop a smell and must be washed much more often than is typical for something that never leaves the house. This problem does not seem worth seeing a doctor over yet, and I don't think that this particular form of incontinence, if it even qualifies as incontinence, has a "cure." It seems more like the kind of problem that is "managed" and as an AB, I'm uniquely prepared to deal with that on my own.
    Well, I'm 15 and I've had this problem since I was 10. I started wearing diapers later than that so their not the cause.