Thread: Five Nights at Freddy's

Default Five Nights at Freddy's

Our teenage son saw some scenes from this game and is now having nightmares. I saw some screen shots and a video on YouTube and don't see the big deal. What do you guys think? Scary? I realize that what is scary to one isn't to others. Are there any other video games that have scared you?

I really don't like "horror" games nowadays. Back then, we had games like Eternal Darkness, Silent Hill, and Clock Tower that actually had atmosphere and a real sense of what horror was.

Nowadays, pretty much all of them are nothing but huge build-ups to cheap jump scares.

well personally i thought the game was unique, but had too much badly done horror in it. i personally play GTA 4&5, so i don't get much exposer to "good" horror, i'm a fan of games that let you do dangerous or immoral actions in them, it lets me realase my inner demons without hurting anybody. five nights at freddy's is scary to alot of people, espically young or impressionable people, so the best you can do is to try and forget about it, if you allow it, let him play a gta game, they take your mind off stuff, but they are rated m, so check them out first and decide for yourself.

Personally I didn't get scared by it too much (of course I didn't play it, I'm sure playing is a different story) but I can see why someone likes it.

I really dislike the lack of gameplay in current games, and the idea that every horror game needs to be filled with jump scares, but I liked [email protected]'s for some reason, but I can't really put my finger on as to why. It's got such minimal gameplay and jumpscares are stupid, but I guess I like the idea behind the game and the atmosphere/very short lore.

although not stated by zipperless originaly, i think MAYBE we should be focusing on his sons nightmares more than game debates, wasn't the original purpose of this thread to help his son?

Quote Originally Posted by kitterdafoxy View Post
    although not stated by zipperless originaly, i think MAYBE we should be focusing on his sons nightmares more than game debates, wasn't the original purpose of this thread to help his son?
    He asked how scary it is afterwards, he's warranting discussion of the games (and by extension, games that have scared you and other scary games), because his teenage son watched/played it and got really scared.

Quote Originally Posted by kitterdafoxy View Post
    I can't believe I missed this. He was stating if WE came across any scary games. I played a game in my dream, it was called "seeing my dream-wife giving birth" (Not married but I am prepared for this)

You're both (3?) right. It's a two or maybe even a three part discussion: How do you handle nightmares and what can I do to calm him down? Do you think 5 Nights is scary as he says? What games have you played that scared you?

For the record, I looked at the wiki of it and some still shots and a silly guy playing the game on YouTube. I don't see it as all that scary and we discussed the game and his fears on the way to school today. He thinks he is past it now, but we will see how he does the next couple of days.

So...Thank you for your responses so far. I have enjoyed them a lot!

your welcome Z Dawg (i'm white, but i thought it fit you nicely, no offense), i'm glad to hear your son is ok, teenagers can be sensitive about showing emotion, but i applaud you son for coming to you. anyway, i hope he is over it, i hate to see youngens so scared about stuff.