Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A sexual

Cool A sexual

just wanted to check and see how many people hear are A sexual
    as for me I have never thought about sex in any way, and have no desire to have sex with anyone at all. it took years for me to figure out that I'm an A sexual. but yet I'm an AB, and now I'm ok with been what I'm.

I know I am Asexual and I am proud of it as of right now. Do not care about any relationships with women till I graduate college :P You can be whatever you want to be. Being Asexual doesn't make you boring or takes you away from anything. You can be AB and still be Asexual, just means no sex drive whatsoever. It doesn't have to be permanent you can be Asexual for maybe a few years and you actually find the love of your life who knows :P

I am, but I think it took me longer than it should have to figure that out.

I'm always sort of unsure how to define myself for this one. I'd kinda like to try with a woman, but if I'm being honest with myself, most of my drive is fulfilled by diapers and I've never felt physically motivated to seek out a woman because of a need for a physical relationship.

Count me in this group as well. no desire to get involved with anyone, been like that for 20+ years. No desire for sex, get by on my own just fine, thanks! So much easier to answer to just myself as well...

I considered myself to be asexual for a while, and I'm still not entirely sure if I am or not. It's a weird feeling, not being too sure about your sexuality.

Quote Originally Posted by Snivy View Post
    I know I am Asexual and I am proud of it as of right now. Do not care about any relationships with women till I graduate college :P You can be whatever you want to be. Being Asexual doesn't make you boring or takes you away from anything. You can be AB and still be Asexual, just means no sex drive whatsoever. It doesn't have to be permanent you can be Asexual for maybe a few years and you actually find the love of your life who knows :P
    I would question that you can decide to be asexual any more than deciding to be hetero or gay. You can certainly choose to be celibate but that's not the same as a lack of desire. In addition, there's nothing about asexuality that means you can't have a sex drive, although it can. It is most fundamentally about desire, or the lack thereof.

I'm not A sexual, however, compared to the average male (or perhaps the stereo type of that) I don't have a huge sexual drive. Some of my friends 'snip' nearly every weekend, but I don't have the desires for that. I also don't find every "well shaped" girl attractive. It's the combination I have fallen for a couple of times.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    I would question that you can decide to be asexual any more than deciding to be hetero or gay. You can certainly choose to be celibate but that's not the same as a lack of desire. In addition, there's nothing about asexuality that means you can't have a sex drive, although it can. It is most fundamentally about desire, or the lack thereof.
    I realize that but it is a choice. Everyone can still have a sex drive but just choose not to date or caring about any types of relationships

explicit/ Click with caution

People might assume that over this still means your straight or whatnot but for my reasoning, I choose not to date because that will affect my education. Basically what I said about is you can be ok going Asexual for awhile or for a long time. Honestly, I don't find any questioning than deciding to be hetero or gay whatnot if women turn you on rather than men then that means you are "Straight, Asexual" but not caring about relationship, sex, etc gives you the status "Asexual" by lacking imminent emotional stuff with a certain someone (If you married or not=But it takes times to tell whether you are or not. You can't be Asexual if you have sex or is all over someone like once a month)

Quote Originally Posted by Snivy View Post
    I realize that but it is a choice. Everyone can still have a sex drive but just choose not to date or caring about any types of relationships

explicit/ Click with caution

People might assume that over this still means your straight or whatnot but for my reasoning, I choose not to date because that will affect my education. Basically what I said about is you can be ok going Asexual for awhile or for a long time. Honestly, I don't find any questioning than deciding to be hetero or gay whatnot if women turn you on rather than men then that means you are "Straight, Asexual" but not caring about relationship, sex, etc gives you the status "Asexual" by lacking imminent emotional stuff with a certain someone (If you married or not=But it takes times to tell whether you are or not. You can't be Asexual if you have sex or is all over someone like once a month)
    Again, what you are describing is celibacy. Asexuality is an orientation. Even an asexual person may choose to have sex but it's likely not going to be pleasurable for multiple, individual reasons. Other forms of intimacy are more likely to be good but there are also asexuals who do not seek intimacy or involved relationships with others at all. Celibacy is not the same as asexuality, although many asexuals are going to be happier with some version of celibacy.