Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Baby Powder Scent

Default Baby Powder Scent

So while I was still living at home, I discovered my mum's old diaper bag in our attic, complete with diapers, powder, pretty much everything. So I got to sneakily use the powder from time to time, and the smell of the powder really helped me to feel little.

Fast forward to today (I live away from home now), just went and bought some Johnson's baby powder from boots (I live in the UK), but it doesn't smell the same at all. It's got quite a strong flowery scent, that I really don't like. It smells kinda sickly to me.

Does anyone know if there's any other readily available brands that smell like the old stuff? (proper baby powder) The old stuff I used was Johnson's, but must have been bought at least 20 years ago. Was it basically just talc then? Or is the smell I'm used to just gone-off powder?

Thanks

It is hard to find Talc powder anymore. I need it to powder the seals on my SCUBA diver's dry suit. I had to go to a pharmacy and sign my life away, because the drug dealers cut the "Crap" with talc.

The other one that annoyed me was I had to register with the DEA when I bought a bottle of Iodine to dip newborn lambs umbilical cords with, because the meth dealers use that to make their "Crap".

Quote Originally Posted by atechno View Post
    So while I was still living at home, I discovered my mum's old diaper bag in our attic, complete with diapers, powder, pretty much everything. So I got to sneakily use the powder from time to time, and the smell of the powder really helped me to feel little.

Fast forward to today (I live away from home now), just went and bought some Johnson's baby powder from boots (I live in the UK), but it doesn't smell the same at all. It's got quite a strong flowery scent, that I really don't like. It smells kinda sickly to me.

Does anyone know if there's any other readily available brands that smell like the old stuff? (proper baby powder) The old stuff I used was Johnson's, but must have been bought at least 20 years ago. Was it basically just talc then? Or is the smell I'm used to just gone-off powder?

Thanks
    I always use Zwitsal talc powder.

For me it's the actual baby powder scent, because it's still the same throughout the years. Maby you could give it a try? it's those yellow cans in the supermarket.

But it depends on what is/was used in the UK I gues for what you define as baby powder scent.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by egor View Post
    It is hard to find Talc powder anymore. I need it to powder the seals on my SCUBA diver's dry suit. I had to go to a pharmacy and sign my life away, because the drug dealers cut the "Crap" with talc.

The other one that annoyed me was I had to register with the DEA when I bought a bottle of Iodine to dip newborn lambs umbilical cords with, because the meth dealers use that to make their "Crap".
    It;s supposed to be harmfull for our lungs. But a warning label does it here, just don't breath it in in large quantities. But that can be the reason why they made it so difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by egor View Post

Really? I can find talc baby powder without too much difficulty.

- - - Updated - - -

Id say, just invest in a bunch of baby powders until you find the one you like best, they are all different.

atechno, if you've got a sainsbury's or waitrose near you their own brands of baby talc are perfume free and are much more like the old school stuff from 20 or so years ago plus they are about 1/2 the price of johnson's which is also a bonus. i can vouch for both of them being very good
    hope this helps
    Last edited by distracted33; 02-Oct-2014 at 18:56. Reason: spelling error

My mom has some baby powder in her makeup bag that I use.

I love the smell of baby powder,an make sure to use plenty when diapering in my nice thick diapers lying on bed after my bath.i've bathed in johnsons baby wash and the diapers are warm from the dryer.how much moreinviteing could diapers be?

Quote Originally Posted by poobrat View Post
    I love the smell of baby powder,an make sure to use plenty when diapering in my nice thick diapers lying on bed after my bath.i've bathed in johnsons baby wash and the diapers are warm from the dryer.how much moreinviteing could diapers be?
    Besides J & J's baby powder, I also like the smell of their baby lotion and baby oil.

Thanks everyone for the replies.

Quote Originally Posted by distracted33 View Post
    atechno, if you've got a sainsbury's or waitrose near you their own brands of baby talc are perfume free and are much more like the old school stuff from 20 or so years ago plus they are about 1/2 the price of johnson's which is also a bonus. i can vouch for both of them being very good
    hope this helps
    That sounds perfect. Will pick some up from Sainsbury's next time I have the chance.

Get the cornstarch one, its smells nice too. Same brand J&j.