Thread: Good Everyday Diaper

Exclamation Good Everyday Diaper

I plan on trying the 24/7 diaper thing for a little bit and want to see how it goes and feels.

Only problem is I cannot seem to find a good everyday diaper. I have read on the other forums that many use Molicare or Abena but I'm still in college and don't really have the cash right now.

There are some medical supply stores, pharmacies and goodwill that I can drive too and look but chances of finding something good is far fetched.

So if you had to walk into a local pharmacy or store what diaper would you buy for everyday use if they had them?

Thank you in advance to whomever responds.

If you plan on using one diaper a day then go for: Dry 24/7, Bambino Bellissimo's, or Absorbency plus 4

If you plan on using very few diapers a day, then go for: Abena M4, Bambino Classico, Molicare SuperPlus, or X-plus briefs.

Just be careful when going 24/7 and hope you get used to your messes *barf* If I walked into a local pharmacy, I would buy a candy bar and walk out. We have no diapers except "depends" where I am from which means I have to order online which can suck when you have a mom and a dumbass living in your house. There is a good starter practice. You can start off with buying baby diapers since they are cheaper and shove them inside your underwear or briefs...whatever you wear ^^

I can tell you if your going 24/7 I think you will be much more satisfied if you just finish your urine duties and let the other jobs inside you handle the toilet because from what everyone has said the clean up sucks and it takes awhile...might make people feel little but be honest with yourself...do you really want to go through all this? There is an experiment people have tried for practice until you are ready to do the real thing which is "oatmeal" and here is a thread about this stuff right here,

http://www.adisc.org/forum/showthrea...hlight=oatmeal

If this is what you desire then by all means go for it :p

Tena Supers are a good diaper for average everyday use, & easy to find, only drawback is they are cloth-backed, but some don't mind that. On sale, they can be bought for under $1.00 a piece :-)

One useful thing if you're going to go 24/7 and aren't made of money is to have a mix of premium and then something cheap.

That way if you're doing, say 2 premiums a day (daytime one and nighttime one), you can use the cheap ones to fill in gaps. e.g. if you get home and want to take a shower right away, you can do so and then chill out in the cheap diaper for a few hours until you go to bed and change into a diaper of the premium variety. That gives you a lot more flexibility in terms of changing schedule without worrying about wasting money changing a barely used diaper.

As for the original question, any of the major and oft mentioned brands will be fine. Unless you get lucky at a goodwill store, it'll almost always be cheaper to order online. The one "good" cheap diaper you can find in stores is depends protection with tabs. They can be had for under 50 cents/each, plastic backed, and are good for one wetting generally (so works great as an in between diaper).

Catch 22. If you go 24/7, you can either spend a lot of money for high quality diapers and change less often, or if money is tight get store brand diapers and change a lot more. Either way it may work out about the same cost wise. A better question I have to ask is, if you really don't have the money right now, why are you choosing this time to try 24/7? You either can afford it and then I say go for it, or if you can't afford it I wonder why you are planning on doing it without the money to make it happen?

Quote Originally Posted by User27983 View Post
    I plan on trying the 24/7 diaper thing for a little bit and want to see how it goes and feels.

Only problem is I cannot seem to find a good everyday diaper. I have read on the other forums that many use Molicare or Abena but I'm still in college and don't really have the cash right now.
    If you're not intending on using, or using only lightly, and are looking for a cheap, durable, all-day diaper that's not too thick or obvious, I'd suggest TotalDry Plus. That's what I wear most days to work.

http://bambinodiapers.com/totaldry-p...-96-p-160.html

case of 96 medium is $68 shipped

At 70 cents apiece, can't beat it for value. they're a mostly pulp diaper that's safe for at least one medium wetting. shell is white and plastic, but it's got a texture to it that makes it less smooth but more quiet. front has medical'ish print on it, but the numbers are actually VERY helful for getting a good fit quickly when you're running late for work Four single tapes but they can be moved on the front panel if needed.