Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Markings

Question Markings

one thing i have noticed with babyfurs, or furries in general is that alot of them seem to have a unique or special marking on their bodies somewhere. for example, my fursona, kitter, has a dark blue lightning bolt shaped marking under his left eye. the reason for this is that i thought it looked good and i wanted to be unique among the millions of fox babyfurs out there. kitter also has a unique third band around his tail and ears in a pattern like the: diamond blue, dark blue, white.

Markings symbolize a very powerful connection with other fursona's. It's how we connect our friendship with one another. I "personally" use Snivy as my temporary fursona but the only marking he has is the glowing yellow strip on his back up to his tail as a camo-greenish glow of trustfulness. Some fursona's might make their symbols very unique such as "this mark lights up whenever I am happy" kinda like a member here named Siddy where his hair changes color depending on the mood he is. Siddy hair changes colors from his front hairstyle to: Red=Angry, Blue=Calm, Purple=happy. Each mark tell's a short story about themselves and most of them are terrific, other's are unique in each way. For example, A fursona could have a blue eye and a yellow eye, that's the way they look and they have an interesting story they could tell. The blue eye could represent hope while the yellow eye represents happiness. Markings could also be a different shade of camo or color like a tail of an animal could be striped with all sorts of colors. There are so many furries and babyfur's out there with their inside story of who they are, how they act or react, and their special marking that tells who they are. Not all markings have to have action but as long as they have a true meaning then that what makes it special about all of us.

Some markings are like,

• Blue eyes= When they shine, a baby is born
    • Pulsing nails= They stop pulsing only when I am hungry or sad
    • Shining tattoo's= Each color describes my mood

These show examples of what a mark is on a fursona and describes what it does or why it's meant to be there. A mark could already be integrated into a furry or could be added.

Any original marking doesn't have to have anything special to it, could just be a mark of the beast within, symbolize hope, or just like a tag to stand out of others. Either way we are all happy and blessed that we have one. Some fursona's don't have any marks but they pretend they do or "add" their own marks. Some draw marks out, some make-believe what they have and imagine in their heads to become a reality, others play the thinking game. When someone takes someone else's marking, it's not creative but more of false accusation, in short terms...stealing. Many Babyfur's or furries tend to be lacking in creativity and take other's ideas and change it up to convince other bf's that it's their ideas. Well my friend...it's not original, it just means your lacking an emotional, deep, personal, connection with you and your fursona. It's supposed to be a special thing that only you and your fursona should share with your bonds so why use other's creative idea's and make it your own? People won't use markings because it's a waste of time which is ok because sometimes people don't like to be bothered with criticism of a lacking-mark. Everyone or every furry is special with or without one.

Your marking is creative with a thunderbolt and I would assume it has a special meaning to it, or not but you do have an insightful story that tells all about it.

There are some furries or babyfur's as I said who don't have marks and they are happy with who they are maybe because they are probably the only look-a-likes they have and there are no duplicates out there to intimidate them. Babyfur's can be cute and not have a marking, by all means, you don't have to have a mark to look or act cute but it is an emotional power source within us babyfur's and furries!
    Last edited by Snivy; 30-Sep-2014 at 02:27.

very insightful, thank you,i would like to share the story of kitter's marking if that is ok. the lightning bolt marking has a very, very, very deep meaning to it that is unique in a way not found in other markings. first off, i work with computers alot, not new ones, vintage ones so naturally i work around electrical currents and such alot. it reflects my real life hobbies, but it has a much deeper meaning, a meaning that ye ole grassdrewler may not understand. kitter was born on a stormy night on the Canadian border, on April 7th, 1992, upon his birth, a bolt of lightning struck infront of him and his mother. the current traveled through the ground and into kitter causing his fur to singe and meld into a unique electric blue marking on his cheek. kitter was not hurt and didn't even have a scratch, except for that one marking on his cheek. kitter has a spirtual connection to the rain and whenever lightning strikes, kitters marking lights up and emits a small charge of electricity signifying that somewhere in the world, a cub as special as him may be born. this happens many times a day, so kitter is use to it, and it has no effect on him or his surroundings, except for a small puff of cloud, a small electrical charge, or a small drop of rain.
    ________
    \ \
    \ \
    \ \
    \ \
    \ \
    \ \
    \ \
    \ \
    \ /

I don't have any marking on my fursona but he does have a thing that makes im special. Color changing hair that reacts to his mood. As he gets older he has to learn how to control his mood or else everyone will know how he feels.

Quote Originally Posted by Siddy View Post
    I don't have any marking on my fursona but he does have a thing that makes im special. Color changing hair that reacts to his mood. As he gets older he has to learn how to control his mood or else everyone will know how he feels.

Quote Originally Posted by Snivy
    Some fursona's might make their symbols very unique such as "this mark lights up whenever I am happy" kinda like a member here named Siddy where his hair changes color depending on the mood he is. Siddy hair changes colors from his front hairstyle to: Red=Angry, Blue=Calm, Purple=happy.
    I stated this about you.

Quote Originally Posted by Snivy View Post
    I stated this about you.
    Hmmm....so you did, so you did.

Oh Sid you were that cub in that mini comic that Toddler Girl made that made me want to punch the main character. No offense.