Thread: laundering diapers,what do you wash your diapers in?

Default laundering diapers,what do you wash your diapers in?

we choose to wash in hottest water possible with dreft detergent and rinse well.

If it is an all in one then you can damage the plastic layer, if not, blast it with heat. I like to add in some borax when i wash mine. It is kinda like bleach, but it doesn't eat away the fabric. Aside from that, I just use whatever detergent is hanging around. Extra on the rinse cycle.

But if they start to smell then add a cupple table spoons vinger . Line drying in the sun helps keep thing fresh too.

I hand wash mine. For my AIO's I dry them indoors. For my prefolds and contours along with my stuffers they're hung outside in the
    sunshine to dry which takes about four to six hours depending on how much breeze we have. My detergent is Arm & Hammer with
    Oxi Clean.

- - - Updated - - -

I hand wash mine. For my AIO's I dry them indoors. For my prefolds and contours along with my stuffers they're hung outside in the
    sunshine to dry which takes about four to six hours depending on how much breeze we have. My detergent is Arm & Hammer with
    Oxi Clean.

Quote Originally Posted by foxkits View Post
    But if they start to smell then add a cupple table spoons vinger . Line drying in the sun helps keep thing fresh too.
    might have to try this.

I wash on warm with Arm and Hammer with Oxi Clean. It seems to work well. I just throw them into the dryer. It takes one and a half cycles to dry heavy duty pre-folds.

I just throw my cloth diapers and AIOs into the washer with everything else. I do not use bleach or fabric softener in the washing machine.

When the washing is done, I hang the AIOs up in the basement (or if it is good drying weather – outside). The cloth diapers I generally dry in the dryer. I run the cloth diapers separately because I use fabric softener for my regular clothes but not my cloth diapers.

Quote Originally Posted by poobrat View Post
    we choose to wash in hottest water possible with dreft detergent and rinse well.
    You think lava would count? :p

I have an HE washer and use the babywear cycle with the Kirkland Free and Clear detergent, oxyclean, and Febreze for laundry.

I rinse my cloth in the shower, then put them in with bath towels on hot with All Free&Clear and some Borax.