Thread: Different Likes & Dislikes as a Baby and an AB

Default Different Likes & Dislikes as a Baby and an AB

I was talking with one of my elder siblings yesterday about what I was like as a baby and toddler - he doesn't know about me being AB, but likes reminiscing about when we were growing up. Anyway, I noticed a few things that were different about the things I like as an AB and what I enjoyed when I was actually little.

As I faintly remember, I used to refuse to do anything at home unless I was allowed my paci, until I was 3/4 years old, and even used to hide it in my jacket when I went to school. As an AB I kind of like my pacis, but can quite easily regress without them.

On the other hand, I am now a bit obsessed with baby bottles, whereas in reality I grew out of them really quickly and seemed to much prefer my sippy cups.

I also used to love trying to climb into boxes and small spaces (Freud would have a field day with me!), though I think the reason I do less of this now is because it'd be rather a tight squeeze.

So, ADISCers, any funny or interesting ways your AB/Little self is surprisingly different to how you were in your youngest years?

This may be tough for most to answer, because, honestly, most of our memories before age five can be kind of patchy and vague. Most of us don't have the amount of videos and pictures to serve as memory triggers that today's rugrats will have when they hit adulthood. (isn't technology grand?)

I actually finished with my pacifier when i was about 1 year and a half
    Now i use asda little angels 6-12 months. I enjoy it Especially the way the handle flops about, cheap alternative to a nuk without the latex.. would prefer latex but oh well

Quote Originally Posted by Illinoise View Post
    This may be tough for most to answer, because, honestly, most of our memories before age five can be kind of patchy and vague. Most of us don't have the amount of videos and pictures to serve as memory triggers that today's rugrats will have when they hit adulthood. (isn't technology grand?)
    You're right Illinoise, but it was just something I hadn't seen discussed on here, and I found it interesting comparing my baby personality to the things I enjoy as an AB. I didn't mean it in a way that would exclude anyone. I'm also interested to hear from Littles and adult kids on the topic (and those might be ages people will have more memories from ).

Quote Originally Posted by pacificpacifier
    I actually finished with my pacifier when i was about 1 year and a half
    Now i use asda little angels 6-12 months. I enjoy it Especially the way the handle flops about, cheap alternative to a nuk without the latex.. would prefer latex but oh well
    I think lots of people are weaned off their pacies by about age 2, I was just unusually attached to mine! I've not used the Asda ones, but will check them out next time I'm in there.