Thread: Homemade onesie

Default Homemade onesie

Today I decide to make my onesie. It was pretty easy I took a large shirt it was about an extra-large and put the fitted shirt over the extra-large. I turned it inside out.Then i marked where I wanted to cut along the seams of the smaller shirt. I pinned along the mark and Sew along the lines removing the pins as went. Once I sew the sure I turned it inside out and put it on. When I put on the shirt I marked where the legs were. Once again i pinned along the mark and sew along the line. Cutting out the triangles,
    measured where I wanted the velcro and then hand sew it to the bottoms of the onesie.

It was pretty easy and very comfy. I made room for my diapy ( diaper). It took all after noon but feels good to have my first ever onesie! Now i can be a happy little girl. I would have to wear clothes all the time and just have my onesie yay'

good thinking,
    i've been wanting a sailor suit onesie for some time now...

Thanks. Yea it was easy. I had fotgotten to sew after i made my first two diapers. It takes a while but this level of sewing is easy!

Awesome I bet is a great feeling and it does seem simple, too bad I can't sew

Pics? It sounds easy but I am trying to figure out why it took two shirts.

Hi Fascinating. I use a shirt my size and put it over a 2x shirt to trace out the shape of the fitted shirt the i pinned after i turned it inside out. Sew and put it on. I measured where the legs were marked. Then pinned and sewed. You need the bigger shirt for it has to be longer. I don't think any one wants to use there favorite shirt. Plus you need the extra room to sew. You want the shirt to be comfy.

Have you tried the BabyPants onesies? I just got a couple and they are yummy comfy and so cute! You just need to buy one size small.

Quote Originally Posted by Kawaiirainbows View Post
    Hi Fascinating. I use a shirt my size and put it over a 2x shirt to trace out the shape of the fitted shirt the i pinned after i turned it inside out. Sew and put it on. I measured where the legs were marked. Then pinned and sewed. You need the bigger shirt for it has to be longer. I don't think any one wants to use there favorite shirt. Plus you need the extra room to sew. You want the shirt to be comfy.
    Thanks, I am starting to get the picture. So with two layers this would be a winter shirt?

Hi! No i used a shirt bigger than my normal size. Took normal size and put it over the shirt twice my size and drew along the normal size. It should be longer because larger shirts are usually longer. That larger shirt will be the onesieClick image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	94.6 KB 
ID:	22059.