Thread: Bikini Cut Plastic Pants

Question Bikini Cut Plastic Pants

Last week I received a couple of pairs of bikini cut plastic pants that I ordered from E-Bay to go along with the pull-ups I bought from SuperTed. They are a perfect fit in every way. The cover the diaper completely without any extra plastic. I don't think I could have guessed better.

Something though, which has to do with the plastic I think, is that either the humidity or perhaps simple perspiration, causes them to become damp inside and out. I don't "use" them, simply wear them.

Does anyone have any ideas? I read about using talcum powder but it seems like any moisture would inevitably overpower it although I'm willing to try. It's not often but yesterday and today it has.

Thanks in advance,

12String

Quote Originally Posted by 12String View Post
    Last week I received a couple of pairs of bikini cut plastic pants that I ordered from E-Bay to go along with the pull-ups I bought from SuperTed. They are a perfect fit in every way. The cover the diaper completely without any extra plastic. I don't think I could have guessed better.

Something though, which has to do with the plastic I think, is that either the humidity or perhaps simple perspiration, causes them to become damp inside and out. I don't "use" them, simply wear them.

Does anyone have any ideas? I read about using talcum powder but it seems like any moisture would inevitably overpower it although I'm willing to try. It's not often but yesterday and today it has.

Thanks in advance,

12String
    Well, you are absolutely correct... the powder will help, until it is spent with absorbing the moisture/humidity that is contained within the plastic pants...

Unless you are quite cold, and/or the RH (Relative Humidity) is so low... you'll have a warm moist environment that the pants will contain... even if you don't sweat, you will produce warm moist air... made more obvious when it can't escape through evaporation...

-Marka

Yep, the plastic is doing its job of being an effective moisture barrier. In this case, your perspiration is being contained by the plastic pants. Pretty much the only ways to "resolve" that issue are to either defeat the waterproofing (by way of not wearing the pants, having holes for ventilation, etc.) or have sufficient absorbent material inside to absorb whatever moisture you create inside of the waterproofing (i.e. wear more diaper!).

I should have been back but it's been a busy few days. I have a thin pull up that I'll try with this weekend. Thanks for the suggestions.