Thread: saturday morning cartoons are done

Default saturday morning cartoons are done

the tradition os saturday morning cartoons has ended yesterday, here is a link to the cartoon line up in the 80's, I miss saturday mornings...

http://www.inthe80s.com/saturdays.shtml

Pardon my ignorance, but why has it ended? Aren't they still doing that?

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieRoni View Post
    I think a few channels, but they're not very good.

I'm not that upset about it honestly. I mean good cartoons are still around in fact they are probably the best cartoons ever. And fi they come on at night well it just means I don't have to get up early to see them so that's ok with me.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieRoni View Post
    I think the OP is referring to the good old days of Saturday morning cartoons before cable and satellite became so common. Back then you could only get cartoon on Saturday morning on the three big stations: ABC, CBS and NBC. Now, there's Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, and others pretty much 24/7. Also, we have DVDs, Hulu, Amazon Prime and Netflix to satisfy the cartoon urge.

Quote Originally Posted by zipperless View Post
    I think the OP is referring to the good old days of Saturday morning cartoons before cable and satellite became so common. Back then you could only get cartoon on Saturday morning on the three big stations: ABC, CBS and NBC. Now, there's Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, and others pretty much 24/7. Also, we have DVDs, Hulu, Amazon Prime and Netflix to satisfy the cartoon urge.
    Just post another thing so you will hit 2,000 posts. That's kinda urking me haha.

There is also that as well as you stated. You can also locate the shows on youtube (Sometimes they might not have what you want)

Yeah, I miss turning on ABC or CBS, etc. and seeing some of those older cartoons. My kids were little then, so I'd watch them with them. Everything changes and there are good cartoons out there. I watch a couple on PBS like DinoTrain. You just have to go looking.

Not good for the kids who's not fortunate enough to have cable. I was raised by my single mother and we barely ever had cable. I remember the 80s and 90s having plenty of programming. Fox used to have cartoons play from very early in the morning. Also the Power Rangers were awesome back in the day. Nothing exists anymore for kids on antenna tv except for PBS, but they are geared for really young kids.

You should see how some of the kids react to some of the popular cartoons back then. Fine Bros on YouTube.