Thread: Hello! :-)

Default Hello! :-)

Hi everyone,

I'm Sir NapsALot (or Snaps, if you can't be bothered typing it out ), and I'm from Manchester, England. I've browsed this forum quite a bit, and it seems like a really caring, friendly community. I'm looking forward to getting involved.

Here's a little bit about me:

My AB/Little Side: I love the comfort of being in little space, and love nothing more than cuddling up with my plushies, wearing an AB t-shirt and watching Studio Ghibli films (Spirited Away being my very favourite!).

Non AB interests: I love swimming, football (both 'soccer' and American Football), traveling, cooking and reading (especially the works of F. Scott Fitzgerald).

Welcome Snaps (yes, I'm lazy)! You're the second one to join from the UK this morning(US time)! I like swimming, too, but only for leisure Are you a competitive swi,,er?

Quote Originally Posted by zipperless View Post
    Welcome Snaps (yes, I'm lazy)! You're the second one to join from the UK this morning(US time)! I like swimming, too, but only for leisure Are you a competitive swi,,er?
    Hi Zipperless! I used to swim competitively as a kid and in my teens, but various back problems mean that now I just do it for fun. I find it very therapeutic though.

Hello and welcome to the forums. I also enjoy Studio Ghibli's films. Swimming is fun too, I just learned how to this year.

Quote Originally Posted by SirNapsALot View Post
    Hi everyone,

I'm Sir NapsALot (or Snaps, if you can't be bothered typing it out ), and I'm from Manchester, England. I've browsed this forum quite a bit, and it seems like a really caring, friendly community. I'm looking forward to getting involved.

Here's a little bit about me:

My AB/Little Side: I love the comfort of being in little space, and love nothing more than cuddling up with my plushies, wearing an AB t-shirt and watching Studio Ghibli films (Spirited Away being my very favourite!).

Non AB interests: I love swimming, football (both 'soccer' and American Football), traveling, cooking and reading (especially the works of F. Scott Fitzgerald).
    Welcome! I can't say I've met anyone that's read more than The Great Gatsby (which is an excellent book). Then again, I think most people I know that read The Great Gatsby did it in school.

Quote Originally Posted by KimbaStarshine View Post
    Hello and welcome to the forums. I also enjoy Studio Ghibli's films. Swimming is fun too, I just learned how to this year.
    Sounds like you have good taste, KimbaStarshine. And thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by GoldDragonAurkarm
    Welcome! I can't say I've met anyone that's read more than The Great Gatsby (which is an excellent book). Then again, I think most people I know that read The Great Gatsby did it in school.
    Thanks GoldDragonAurkarm! We never really got to study American novelists at school, sadly. Teaching us anything not written by Dickens or Shakespeare seemed to be frowned upon! I think Tender is the Night is my favourite Fitzgerald novel, though Gatsby is brilliant and very iconic.

So if you're from Manchester, and like soccer, the obvious question has to be: do you root for United, or for City? (Or perhaps some other side? I know Chelsea has a little bit of a following here in the St. Louis area.)

Quote Originally Posted by Illinoise View Post
    So if you're from Manchester, and like soccer, the obvious question has to be: do you root for United, or for City? (Or perhaps some other side? I know Chelsea has a little bit of a following here in the St. Louis area.)
    United. My family are all huge fans, so I've been going to United games ever since I was little. We're not going through our best time, but we've made some exciting signings this summer (Falcao, Di Maria etc.).