Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ABDL Interview

Question ABDL Interview

So, my friend Brian came up with this interview, which seems really awesome. Are you one who wants to share and elaborate? These are the questions. I'm going to post my answers below. Hope you like the interview and answer the questions for you and us to share!

1. When did you discover that you liked being an ABDL?

2. For you what mean being an ABDL?

3. Any anecdote you want to share with us about this?

4. Do you think that what happens to you now is the result of a childhood trauma?

5. What do you think is the hardest thing to be an ABDL?

6 .What do you think of the treatment that media gives to the ABDLs image?

7. What advice would you give to someone starting out in the community?

8. Do you think that being ABDL helped you as a person?

9. If you're infantilist do you carry with you any ABDL item in your daily life?

10 Do you think that a certain maturity is required (although it sounds paradoxical) to take this lifestyle?

11 As farewell tell us what are your plans for the future within the ABDL community.

My Answers:

When I was about 7 years old. I was playing baby in a game. My cousins would pretend I was their baby and change my diapers (of course, no diaper, I was wearing clothes, I would just lift my legs and such with pants on). I was so excited, not sexually, but excited. Then my attention got into being a baby. I was always a thumbsucker, so that didn't help matters. From then on, I was an infantilist.

2. For you what is the meaning of being an ABDL?

To be free and true to yourself. To be authentic. To be special and to be innocent.

When I was 15, my mom discovered my diapers. She thought it was a joke I was planning on someone, but I got sooo nervous that I spilled the story of me liking them. My mom was understanding and ever since, it's been all cool. I'm glad she found them.

4. Do you think that what happens to you now is the result of a childhood trauma?
    I have moon disorders, so no trauma but I have a constant illness that make me want to regress and be a baby,

Acceptance, from yourself and others. And getting diapers when you were/are a teenager!

It's not so bad, but it could be better.

Be cool, don't over do it. Don't become too sexually dependent. Try to blend it as part of your identity, but not sexual fetishism.

Yes, it helped me become a better and more open human being. I have the chance to be understanding about a lot of things.

9. If you're infantilist do you carry with you any ABDL item in your daily life?
    My cushion, which is my version of a plushie.

10 Do you think that a certain maturity is required (although it sounds paradoxical) to take this lifestyle?

Yes, if you're immature you will either reject yourself or overdo it until it becomes sick. if you're mature, you can find balance.

11 As farewell tell us what are your plans for the future within the ABDL community.
    I want to learn to accept myself totally and my need of diapers as an emotional comfort item. I want people to care for me as I truly am and I hope to engage in ABDL meetings when I get the chance.

What's the purpose of this interview? And you said you're going to share it; who with and why?

What's the purpose of this interview? And you said you're going to share it; who with and why?
    There is no purpose, just... expressing ourselves. I wanted to share it with you. You know, so we can get to know each other better.

Sorry, it's asking personal information, and I'm more paranoid than usual as of late. My apologies. Please don't let me derail the point of this, which is overall a good one. And I'll start.

1. I'm still working on liking it, so that would be a "to be determined." When I first realized this was a thing would probably be when I was 14 or so when I discovered the internet. When I first felt my interest was when I was 5 or so and I kept finding myself interested in everything diaper-related. When I became aware was probably at 8 or so when my parents accused me of being too interested and told me it wasn't normal.

2. For me, it's one of the few parts of me I still have difficulty accepting, and that's what makes it significant. I went out and bought myself a collar with no difficulty, but I still can't bring myself to even order this sort of stuff online.

3. When I was 14 or 15, I lifted a pull-up from my next door neighbor, so I could finally try a diaper on. Now I recognize it as wrong, but at the time, I did not. Also, looking back, it was probably a good thing overall. It confirmed that this was indeed something I was into and that it wasn't going away. It wasn't the right way to do it, but it did help me move towards accepting this.

4. Mine is almost certainly from being abused when I was growing up. My parents weren't great at the whole parenting thing, and they had a tendency to use shame to keep me in line, which made me have virtually no self-confidence or self-esteem. Also, they were very focused on "maturity" from a young age, and punished basically any regression, especially if I had an accident. It wasn't ever physical, besides spanking, but emotional abuse is far worse in my opinion. Then, at 8, I got sexually abused at a friend's house. No one noticed, and when I tried to withdraw, my parents basically forced me to socialize. So that pretty much reinforced my attraction to diapers as a way out, though I couldn't act on it.

5. I'd have to agree with kik91, accepting yourself is really hard. Now, my biggest issue is working past all my issues to finally act on it. For some reason, I still can't bring myself to do it.

6. The media really doesn't touch on infantilism directly, at least not anything I see. The only stuff I've only ever heard about what the guy who pretended to be disabled in order to get women to baby him, and that doesn't count in my mind. He was vilified, but he deserved to be, and he is not typical of the AB/DL population. Besides, I don't really think we should be in the news; this is a private part of our lives and the only way it's going to get on the news is through negative actions of certain deranged individuals who will improperly represent us.

7. I'd say don't worry about it too much, as there are weirder things out there, but also be wary. I've met some pretty kinky and/or open-minded people who don't want to get remotely involved with AB/DL stuff. It weirded several of them out to the point where they never really wanted to talk about it again. It's rare that someone reacts very positively to it if they're not into it themselves, but a lot of people will react negatively to it for no good reason.

8. That's complicated. On one hand, it did help me understand the world better because it put me with a fringe interest that no one really understands unless they're into it too. On the other hand, I have more than enough nonsense on my plate right now. I'm gay and suffering from PTSD, and I think that's more than enough for me to understand the world. Being a DL makes me want to turn to that right now, but my PTSD makes me too paranoid to even begin to act on it. It's just another source of stress right now, and I'm already very close to my breaking point again.

9. I do not own any AB/DL items, let alone carry any of them.

10. I don't think so. Different maturity levels is going to mean different ways of acting on this, but I feel like someone who is immature is just going to make more mistakes than someone who is more mature. Also, the level of success would be entirely subjective, as most of us almost certainly have different ideas about what this lifestyle entails.

11. My plans are to continue to try to come to terms with this better and hopefully act on it more in the future. Right now though, that's a very long way off, as my PTSD therapy is doing some very bad things to me mentally.

FYI: Previous attempts at "interviews" have not been well received I would guess because we all like our anonymity here.

I agree with anonymity being of utmost importance, but I would think that as long as care is taken, these questions can be answered without any identifying or personal information. I think this kind of thing can be a good resource, especially for people who are new to ABDL. Yes, it will be re-hashing lots of things discussed in other threads, but that's not always a bad thing. I don't have time do the interview at the moment, but I'll take a crack at it when I have some more down time in the next few days.

Quote Originally Posted by zipperless View Post
    FYI: Previous attempts at "interviews" have not been well received I would guess because we all like our anonymity here.
    Agreeing with this 98%

I had thoughts of it since I was like 4. I used to dream or lay in bed and think about diapers and situations where I'd be put back in diapers, but that was probably because I had severe bedwetting issues

2. For you what mean being an ABDL?
    To let who you are truly flourish in the company of good understanding friends.

I used to take my nephew's diapers when I was around 14 and wear them. They fit me because I was super slim at the time, and it was great. Nothing like wearing a baby diaper.

Nah, the ABDL thing is because I was a severe bedwetter up until I was around 16-17.

Having the hide the stuff when you're young, or dealing with parents/family who aren't all that accepting.

Personally, the longer ABDL's stay out of the spotlight, the better. We don't need to be portrayed in media. We are in shows like CSI, and that sucks because it's a really bad representation of us, but at the same time, a good representation is impossible to come by because every ABDL who has been on TV acts like a they're not all there and they are far too kinky to portray an ABDL in a good way. We need to be represented as normal every day people, not people who say "yeah I'm a normal person but I also make hardcore bondage diaper wetting videos for the internet " and that's what we have right now, and I hate it.

Pick the best hiding spot you can and be careful. xP Tready lightly, and don't give into the temptation to tell random people in your lives, because they don't need to know. You wouldn't want to hear of how they get off, so don't tell them how you get off.

I've met the best friends a person could ever ask for. They've saved my life, and they have always been there for me when I need them. I probably wouldn't be here right now if it was not for the people in my life I've met through being an ABDL. I've met the person I love through what sounds like impossible odds because of it, and I've met friends who I would give up every possession I own just to make them happy.

Absolutely not, I don't need to mix my everyday life with my ABDL life.

Yeah. This community is full of disgusting immature asshats, and it's disgusting. At times I'm ashamed to be an ABDL because of it. People need to straighten their act up and behave like a decent average person in this community, except they never do. They get online, get on IRC and say stuff like "i'm looking for diaper playmates " because THAT isn't creepy at all or anything.

Get together with the person I love and be myself. I won't have to hide anything, and I'll be able to indulge (and be helped to indulge) as often as I want.

I actually like the idea of this survey in particular because it's not very revealing. and it gives me an opportunity to feel special, which is always appealing to my narcissism

That's a tough question because for the longest time I didn't know what being an ABDL meant. I noticed an attraction to diapers as far back as around 6 years old, but it didn't register to me as something sexual, or even something that was very odd. Granted I never made it a point to tell everyone about my interests in diapers, but that subconscious drive to wear them again caused me to dare a few friends to wear them. Those dares almost always produced terrible results. But I couldn't rid myself of this fascination.

So for most of my life I was purely DL until I discovered ADISC and learned what being an AB really meant. I had a basic idea that people liked to be treated like babies, but I never identified or agreed with those sorts of stories because they were usually over the top and I didn't like the idea of regressing to infancy. I prefer regression to childhood, and that just happens to involve diapers.

2. For you what is the meaning of being an ABDL?

Again, not an easy question. They both have their separate identities and meanings associated with them. But one thing I think they both have at the root of their purpose is relaxation, comfort and security. These all stem from the diapers mostly. If we're referring to solely myself, then what it means to be an ABDL is understanding our inner wants and desires and tapping into those things in an appropriate matter.

For me, understanding why I am an AB/DL is extremely important to fully unlocking my ability to regress and enjoy this part of me. I've spent most of my life shunning this part of me and loathing myself for being something I didn't want to be at first. So my trials and tribulations have been focused on releasing the anxiety and fear associated with this part of me so I can fully embrace who I am as a person and enjoy life being myself. ADISC helped with this immensely, and I found that where I once despised the thought of being taken care of as a child/infant, I now find the thought appealing because I understand what it is about this thing that I was so obstinately opposed to. A large majority of that opposition was due to my identity crisis as a young adult male in contemporary society. I couldn't accept my desires for diapers because they made me feel weak and inferior, which I equated to the people who would want to fully regress to babies and be taken care of. By accepting this part of myself, I soon accepted the more intimate and caring aspects of my AB/DLism. That has radically changed my life for the better.

I think childhood trauma may be a contributor, but I don't think it is the sole purpose for someone being an AB/DL. I think we all have a small little spark of AB within us to an extent. This doesn't necessarily relate to DLism because that's focused primarily on an object whereas the ABism is focused on inner feelings and desires. But you can ask anyone about their childhood and most people will fondly reminisce about their past. Generally, it's not just childhood that people are looking back to, but the associated feelings of innocence and carelessness. A perception of simplicity and ease. Regression is about returning to these ideals. And anyone who has dealt with childhood trauma wants to return to those memories before the trauma where things seemed innocent and carefree, so you can begin to see the intersection. The full on expression of regression is only geared towards certain people who have a special connection with this retreat into their mind.

5. What do you think is the hardest thing about being an ABDL?

I think it comes in stages. Initially the hardest thing for everyone is finding out what the heck is up with them, what the heck are they feeling and why do they feel that way. That confusion and isolation is always the hardest first step towards understanding AB/DLism. Then it becomes the constant paranoia after that. How do you get diapers, where do you get them, how do you get them without being noticed, where do you stash them, what do you say if you're found out, etc. After you fully accept yourself though and come to terms with all of these questions, I feel as though the number one hardest thing any AB/DL has to deal with in their life is how they are going to find a significant other that will either indulge with them in this fetish or help them explore the fetish on their own. I'm transitioning between the paranoia and significant other stages. It's quite difficult at times, but I'm still optimistic.

I don't think we're that well known in the media, which is a double edged sword. People will always make fun of things they don't understand. It's their attempts at making light of their ignorance so as to not feel lesser. That being said, the only way I would want our image in the media to be brought to light is if it was done so by a successful and mature adult baby who does not flip their entire lifestyle around specifically to be an adult baby. They should be an adult first and a baby second. But that's another paradox in its own right. The type of person I would want to represent our community would never do it because they wouldn't see the need in revealing themselves to other people just to be judged unnecessarily.

Just start talking to people! It's always daunting at first to open up, but you will implode from an emotional overload if you don't get around to talking to people about what you're feeling. It doesn't have to be in person. In fact, I would highly recommend starting off talking to people on the internet and deciding whether it would be beneficial for you to tell people who you are near and dear to. But do yourself a favor and find a community to be a part of or just some sort of healthy outlet where you can truly be yourself and be happy. But don't feel alone and don't bottle up your emotions for fear of being judged. That will slowly kill you inside.

Absolutely. I am much better able to connect to children which means all the kids I know love running up to me to invite me into a game of tag or to tell me about some cool new game they got or a funny/cool movie they saw. This ability to feel comfortable talking to an adult makes them feel like they are actually a person and not just some parasite to be watched over all the time. That's a huge bonus to their confidence. I'm also MUCH more tolerant. Whenever I hear about someone doing something that is socially unacceptable, I immediately stop myself from judging and start off with relating it to myself. Would people react the same way if this involved me and my fetish? Would I feel undue pressure over something that really was only a big deal because of other ignorant people? In this way, by relating to someone who I would normally judge, I can be a much nicer person. Lastly, it has made me such a happier person. Dealing with this part of me has helped me also cope with my sexuality. These things in turn have helped me become better able to introspectively analyze myself and my life and make rational changes that benefit me and make me happy. Plus just having an outlet is so pivotal in enjoying life.

I'm much more of a Little Boy than an infantilist, so no I don't have any daily AB/DL items that I carry. Most AB items are a hassle for me because I'm worried about if someone will find them or something so they're kept away. I do sometimes wear printed briefs under my clothes though. It's gives me a funny feeling to know I'm indulging in my little side and no one has a clue.

10. Do you think that a certain maturity is required (although it sounds paradoxical) to take this lifestyle?

I believe so. Granted any immature fool can be an AB/DL and still survive, so saying that a certain sense of maturity is REQUIRED is a bit misleading. However, to function normally and properly in today's society and still be an AB/DL, then yes that would require maturity. But the same could be said for any lifestyle. Moderation is key. With this thing in particular though, the maturity mostly comes in balancing daily life with adult responsibilities and personal fun. So long as all your responsibilities are handled appropriately and you aren't negatively affecting anyone else, then you can be as immature and ridiculous as you want (in the privacy of your own home). But be sure that this doesn't consume your life.

11. As farewell tell us what are your plans for the future within the ABDL community.

Even though I've been around ADISC since I was about 17, I haven't really been involved in the ABDL community so to speak. So my plans for the future include actually participating in relatively local ABDL scenes. I want to go to a few munches and maybe conventions to meet like-minded people, and ideally find a significant other (or at least a few people who's company I can enjoy.) Really I just want to meet other people who are close to my age who don't regress only to relax in an infantile state, but regress to find a sense of child-like innocence, imagination and, most importantly, adventure. I would pick someone who was vanilla but still had a wild imagination and sense of adventure over an AB who just wanted to lay in bed all day and do nothing any time. Doesn't mean I don't want to end an adventurous day snuggling up and giggling to each other under the covers, but my life is all about exploring and having fun. And exploring new ways to have fun!