Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Difficulties wetting while lying down

Question Difficulties wetting while lying down

Hi everyone, I have a question about wetting in a diaper while lying in bed. To start, when I first started wearing diapers again as an adult, I had difficulties at all (which from what I've read on the matter, is relatively normal). I would have to stand in front of the toilet wearing my diaper in order to wet at all.

Nowadays, I really have no issues wetting my diaper as long as I'm still standing up or even sitting down, but I am still unable to wet while I'm lying down in bed, either on my back or on my side.

I think a lot of it has to do with the assistance of gravity, making it easier to actually flow out, but I'm not quite sure if it's another mind-block sort of thing. Ideally I would like to be able to start wetting while I'm asleep, since right now when I wear, I would usually wake up in the middle of the night and have to stand up in order to wet, then lie back down and try to go back to sleep.

Does anyone else have any issues wetting while lying down, or advice on how to make it a little easier?

Same here, can't seem to get it work. Standing sitting and even walking is no problem but lying down just doesn't seem to work.

But I wasn;t very persistent with it, I'm sure it can be learned.

I find it does help to make sure you don't really have to go, if that makes sense. If the bladder is full it doesn't get easier peeing (at least for me).

I gues it's a lot of training, perhaps trying on your side, or sit up, start and than lie down while peeing. Or moving with your legs, pulling my legs in with my knees facing up did seem to help some if I recall correctly.

We are programmed from an early age to resist wetting in bed. The muscles become automatic, so when we want to, it does not happen. If you keep working at it, you are likely to get some level of success. I tell myself "Little boys don't hold it" and push back the auto response. At first it is very hard, but with time it gets easier. Now I can wet in my sleep sometimes. I enjoy the feeling of waking up wet. Other times I wake up and find I am holding back. Auto response.
    Part of it is also your confidence that all will be OK. That should include a waterproof mattress cover and an effective diaper. If you are afraid of getting something wet that you want to stay dry, the auto response is stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueGrey View Post
    We are programmed from an early age to resist wetting in bed. The muscles become automatic, so when we want to, it does not happen. If you keep working at it, you are likely to get some level of success. I tell myself "Little boys don't hold it" and push back the auto response. At first it is very hard, but with time it gets easier. Now I can wet in my sleep sometimes. I enjoy the feeling of waking up wet. Other times I wake up and find I am holding back. Auto response.
    Part of it is also your confidence that all will be OK. That should include a waterproof mattress cover and an effective diaper. If you are afraid of getting something wet that you want to stay dry, the auto response is stronger.
    Interesting, thanks for the input. It's reassuring to know that it is possible to train myself to make it easier. I've never gone to bed in a dry diaper and woken up wet, but I'm sure that feeling would be absolutely terrific!

Eldridge99

In my experiences with wetting while laying down it seemed to help when I brought my legs up a little bent at the knee. You might try putting a pillow under your legs to take any pressure off and make it easier to let go. That has helped me wet while in bed but not while I'm asleep. I think that's something else all together.

Quote Originally Posted by fetishpro View Post
    i cant pee sitting or lying it sucks
    It will come I never use to be able to but now I can let it flow

Here's an idea. If you have a reclining chair, every time you feel the urge recline in the chair a little bit more each time. Eventually, you will be almost fully reclined and maybe this will condition you for lying down in a bed. I've never tried this, but might be worth a try.

Alternatively, if you don't have a recliner, sit on a bed or couch propped up with pillows and keep reclining each time you have to go, taking away pillows as needed. Eventually you will be flat on your back.

Quote Originally Posted by zipperless View Post
    Here's an idea. If you have a reclining chair, every time you feel the urge recline in the chair a little bit more each time. Eventually, you will be almost fully reclined and maybe this will condition you for lying down in a bed. I've never tried this, but might be worth a try.
    That's a pretty good idea, I'll try it out!

Side will probably be more challenging than back or tummy. (you're also more likely to leak) Others have suggested that having a good quality diaper and even a mattress cover can help you mentally if your fear of leaking is interfering with your efforts.

I personally don't have a problem laying down (not anymore...) and am working on using my diaper while on the move. I can currently manage walking and stairs at a slow pace. I have NO idea how long distance runners pull it off at a good clip.