Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bad Abena news.

Default Bad Abena news.

I just contacted Abena headquarters in regards to plastic backed 4163 M4.
    I sent them this link and they responded:

"I just want to inform you, that this product has been taken out of our product range, so it is not going to be available in the nearest future."
    [...]
    "We still have this product on stock, so it will be available for a period, but we will stop production of this item."

Are they bluffing, or is this true? Bloody Abena...

:/

Eldridge99

I know they talked about discontinuing the plastic backed diapers a few years ago. It wouldn't surprise me if it was true. I buy them a lot but since the tapes are so bad I won't mind changing brands.

I wear Kolibri comslip plastic and saveexpress.de market them as their Abena m/L4 plastic replacement and they last me all night

Kinda sucks because I relied on the M4 and it was my first adult diaper I ever tried. They said something like this before about they were going to stop making plastic-backed M4's but they still do according to my POV. Who knows, when something is said, I believe it's a lie till proven true because I like to stay positive for lots of things hoping it's just a hoax to scare people into buying merchandise more than usual. That's how they get their money. If it wasn't a big-seller then I would understand this decision they are making.

Also, you need the actual Abena news, not the Xpmedical because how would they know. They accept shipments from then, it's not like they share a cup and tea over some hazardous decisions. I still have yet to hear about this till not but it's XPmedical so what can I expect. A very-popular product that was endorsed will be no more soon and a huge money market was these things. I feel pity and something very strange.

There's plenty of other brands to take their place. I stopped buying Abena since the first time they decided to stop. The first case I bought after that was bad. The capacity degraded, the plastic was thinner and cheaper, and the padding clumped badly.
    Bambino and Dry 24/7 for me.

That was Abena's official position a few years ago. The plastic-backed diapers haven't been "officially" produced since then... although there seem to be some "unofficial" gremlins still churning them out for a few international vendors.

Are Abena just re-stating (with politician-like accuracy) that they don't "officially" produce the plastic-backed diapers any more, as they made clear a year or two ago... and so nothing will change...?

Or are they now "officially" withdrawing the "unofficial" production....?!

Funny that this news hits right when i'm starting to move away from Abena's and into Dr 24/7's

Maybe they just don't see the competition eating away at their share of the industry. They've degraded in quality, they said no more plastic backed diapers, so people tried other brands. Maybe their sales are slacking because of this variable. I'm sure they also don't pay attention to the individual customer's requirements or needs. They don't pay attention to the sales of websites who are selling their own brand of plastic backed diapers and are actually profiting and succeeding. I don't understand why they don't pay attention to that. Abena is built for industrial customers, where the user's opinion doesn't matter.

The same goes for Tena and other companies alike who change product features to satisfy the medical industry and not the individual.

I'm sure many active incontinent individuals know when their diaper is wet and in need of a change. They don't need a wetness indicator, they don't need a color indicating designs on every diaper to figure which one is the right one.

I say let them travel their own path and figure things out. Their sales trends will go down and they'll have no idea why, because they choose not to cater to individual need, instead of industrial need.

I'll gladly give my money to a company who doesn't serve only to big wallets.

Quote Originally Posted by Snivy View Post
    Kinda sucks because I relied on the M4 and it was my first adult diaper I ever tried. They said something like this before about they were going to stop making plastic-backed M4's but they still do according to my POV. Who knows, when something is said, I believe it's a lie till proven true because I like to stay positive for lots of things hoping it's just a hoax to scare people into buying merchandise more than usual. That's how they get their money. If it wasn't a big-seller then I would understand this decision they are making.

Also, you need the actual Abena news, not the Xpmedical because how would they know. They accept shipments from then, it's not like they share a cup and tea over some hazardous decisions. I still have yet to hear about this till not but it's XPmedical so what can I expect. A very-popular product that was endorsed will be no more soon and a huge money market was these things. I feel pity and something very strange.
    Gary/XP Medical tends to be reasonably well in the loop when it comes to these sorts of things since they're a pretty big vendor. If he's saying it, there's at least some validity to it.