Thread: Prevail Extended Wear PM

Default Prevail Extended Wear PM

Any fans of the Prevail Extended Wear PMs? I have yet to buy these, but they look comfortable. just not sure about thickness, etc.

Thoughts? Opinions?

Quote Originally Posted by diprdblonde View Post
    Any fans of the Prevail Extended Wear PMs? I have yet to buy these, but they look comfortable. just not sure about thickness, etc.

Thoughts? Opinions?
    Generally, Prevail is not that good. They are just a different name for another company. I believe they are owned by First Quality. Their diapers are basically like a sponge, they absorb but can be squeezed out very easily. Same goes for Medline and their 30 different brand names for the same terrible product.

If you are looking for something cheap and something that works, I'd go with Tranquility if you're not going for the expensive premium brands.

You should also check out XP Medical.com. They carry the better products out there. Their own brand of diapers are pretty good.

I'd stay away from those institutional brand of diapers, they are usually the worst.

For affordable cheap diapers I actually like these, they are absorbent and comfy. They are like Attends Overnight brief

I had some a couple years ago, same time I had some Walgreen's briefs and they seemed to be nearly identical and were not good at all. They did not fit me well, they sagged too easily, and would leak much sooner compared to premium briefs. I'd pass on them.

I guess I'll offer the minority opinion here. Yes, Prevail doesn't make high-capacity diapers when compared to Abena, Molicare, Bambino, et al. But they serve a purpose in the marketplace and they do offer affordable and discreet protection. The PMs are, I believe, their most absorbent diaper and I think they're similar to an Attends 10 or a Tena Ultra. Maybe closer to a Tena Super, but not quite.

The great thing about Prevail is that they're often sold by home medical supply stores, so you buy them locally. And hey, you can add a booster (or two) to any diaper and make it pretty capacious.

-RMS

I have a few of them, they are in a class of diaper that is better than store brand, but not that good compared to a premium diaper. Even ATN might hold more and not be pushed out as much as these when squeezed. I personally have some prevail products from a local medical store. They are first quality labeled, which is the parent company. Only way I wear them is if I have the boosters in. I love how the poly backed IB briefs feel, but need more absorbancy so I throw abrilet maxi in them. I feel the PM ones are almost needing the same. If you really want cloth backed, stick with abena or the new north are ones. Save you less headaches and leaks.

Awesome feedback! I will stick with what I have (and try others). In pictures, they always look somewhat "fluffy" and soft, but I guess "you can't tell a diaper by it's picture". THANKS

Quote Originally Posted by diprdblonde View Post
    Awesome feedback! I will stick with what I have (and try others). In pictures, they always look somewhat "fluffy" and soft, but I guess "you can't tell a diaper by it's picture". THANKS
    Pictures can be very deceiving, it's almost like comparing fast food menu pictures to what you actually get. If you've seen it on a model, most likely there's something boosting the thickness in it.

The greenish looking ones right?

That all the medic place near me sells They are not that good but i do get them when i want to save some of my other diapers. For a night time diaper they do a bad job and leak when on my back or belly.