Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Little Nursery Feels Incomplete What Should I Add? What Is Your Nursery Like?

Default My Little Nursery Feels Incomplete What Should I Add? What Is Your Nursery Like?

Mind you, it can't be large, or highly expensive but here's what I have.

My pastel organizer that has blocks, some little people, a lalaloopsy doll house, coloring stuff, and my little clothes in it.

I have a small polka dot trim on the wall behind that.

I have a colored foam block mat to mark my "nursery" boundaries.

I have a mobile mounted onto my organizer so I can lay under it (which is fabulous and I love love love it.

But I feel like it needs something more, I just can't decide what. Nothing can be crazy permanent because if need be I need to be able to move it into the closet for when other people are here.

Ideas?

What's your nursery like?

Dang, that is pretty awesome. Well I would suggest some cute wall stickers. I have some lion cub stickers on my wall, they are about 6" tall. I'd suggest something kinda bigish.

Do you have any stuffed animals? You could make a pile of them in the corner, or get a child-size chair and set them on it. I have an adult-size rocking chair in my room for this purpose, but that's kinda big for your needs and costly too. (My dad found mine in the trash.)

You could look for some childish pictures or wall hangings, or even posters too.

If you like coloring or drawing, you could hang some of your own pictures. You could even frame them, or even just put them on colored construction paper to make them even prettier :3 You have such a nice little space there!

stuffies or wall stickers I think would add a lot or maybe some colorful baby toys, they are surprisingly addictive.

I'm a firm believer that a room represents the inhabitant. That being said, look at what each part of it says about you (or at least your little side) and try to think of what's not being represented. What parts of regression make you feel all warm and gushy just to think about? Out of all those things, what are you missing in your room? That might broaden your thoughts a bit. My answer is completely biased seeing as I go for toddler boyish style decor. The picture of your nursery doesn't match that at all, so I don't know if I can help there lol.

The dollar stores here have wall stickers that are removable that would add a bit more personality to the wall. They are re-useable too so you can move them when it's time to hide stuff away and put them back on their sheet! I think what you're missing is the element of "soft". When designing nurseries and little spaces, I believe it's important to have five things.

1. Have a designated space. Be it a door to the room, some tape on the floor, curtains from the wall, a blanket or a mat like you have on the floor it is important to understand that your space starts and stops here.
    2. Light. You typically see three types of light in a nursery setting, the night-light, the table lamp, and the overhead light. I feel that a surface lamp for your area might be impractical, so I would get a night light. There are lots of cute stand alone chargeable ones if you don't have a wall socket in your little area. I suggest Ikea; they have some amazing lighting solutions that add a real touch of whimsy to a room. The "Spoka" night lights are child safe and friendly, and are chargeable as well so you don't have to bring a cord into your safe place.
    3. Diaper Storage. I like how your diapers are stored in a stack-able tower...that's where I hide most of mine as well! With mine, I have a sheet of big scrapbook paper with the top cut off so it slides in to the front and hides what is in the clear drawers. It's a cheaper solution than buying a new storage tower..I have pictures of my room posted in the thread "is your bedroom little". You can't even see my baby stuff even though it's right at hand because of this little trick. It's a great cheap way to add fun and play with your theme as well.
    4. Toys and Tools for getting into the little mindset. It looks like you have blocks to play with and you stated your mobile makes you feel little, so it looks like we are all covered there! Stuffed Animals are also great for adding that little touch to your room and are great friends. I tend to find stuffed animals with out eyes and hard noses make me feel littler- being they are made to be safe for babies.
    5. A comfortable place. Even though you have the foam mat on the floor it looks a little...hard. I would look into getting some blankets or a bean bag chair for you to curl up and be little in comfortably. This is what I meant by soft. A pillow on the floor, a baby blanket, a big stuffed animal you can cuddle with would -really- make the area feel more welcoming and inviting.

Another thing I would suggest is to pick a color or a theme and pull it through out your area. I understand working on a budget but you'd be shocked at the finds you can get either from craigslist, dollarstores, and e-bay.

Some links to some solutions I suggested. I tried to suggest nothing above 20 dollars since you asked for non-expensive ideas.
    http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/ca...ighting/18773/ =Ikea Children's Lighting=

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Bedding-/667...rt=nc&LH_BIN=1 =Ebay Search Results, Home and Garden, Children's Decor, BIN with price lowest to highest.=
    (A cute blanket I found that I thought you might enjoy http://www.ebay.com/itm/Baby-Adult-B...item2ed0c45d16 )

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_p_...nid=7800872011 =Baby safe stuffed animals from lowest to highest, none smaller than 10 inches!=

I hope that this will give you some ideas and help.

Quote Originally Posted by BigKid25 View Post
    I'm a firm believer that a room represents the inhabitant. That being said, look at what each part of it says about you (or at least your little side) and try to think of what's not being represented. What parts of regression make you feel all warm and gushy just to think about? Out of all those things, what are you missing in your room? That might broaden your thoughts a bit. My answer is completely biased seeing as I go for toddler boyish style decor. The picture of your nursery doesn't match that at all, so I don't know if I can help there lol.
    My little side is about five, and a boy, so my first thoughts when seeing that nice selection of blocks was that one could make some really awesome bridges, towers, or race courses for my Hot Wheels.

BrandonSleepypuppy

Nice nursery. Do you have somebody to share it with mabey that is what your missing. Even if it
    be a favorite stuffed animal. I like the patterns and the organisation. Mabey some low lighting
    or some cute cuttains are in the cards.

That's adorable I am so jealous nice work ! Well, I don't have a nursery but you could add your favourite plushies, toys, a blankie, cute pillows and whatever you may like but overall is super cute !