Thread: Anyone here play airsoft?

Default Anyone here play airsoft?

I have been airsofting for a year now and I love it! I have a CYMA AK-74, a Classic Army M4, and a WE-Tech 1911 Hi-Capa. I also wear a crossdraw vest with M81 Woodland BDUs. What do you guys have?

I totally want to, but I need to invest in a decent gun. I don't have a single piece of equipment yet. I used to have a few pieces when I was younger but they're pretty much trashed. What do you recommend for a good, solid and reliable semi-auto rifle? And do you prefer gas or electric?

Quote Originally Posted by BigKid25 View Post
    I totally want to, but I need to invest in a decent gun. I don't have a single piece of equipment yet. I used to have a few pieces when I was younger but they're pretty much trashed. What do you recommend for a good, solid and reliable semi-auto rifle? And do you prefer gas or electric?
    The best airsoft gun you can get as a beginner is an entry-level AEG. I would go with either an AK or AR variant, as they can be easily upgraded and have more parts availible. Make sure your airsoft gun has a metal gearbox. The best entry level airsoft brands and CYMA, JG, and G&G (G&G also makes some very nice top-tier models as well). Specifically I would recommend CYMA AK variants, G&G Combat Machine M4's, as well as JG M4's, AK's, and G36's.

Hope this helped, and if you want to join, we have group right here on ADISC dedicated to airsoft.

I played Airsoft when I was younger, until I got arrested for it.

It's illegal here but it was pretty easy to buy materials in a bordering country. After I was arrested I stopped with it.

pellet guns are allowed here with no energy limitations. So I have an old pellet rifle which was a heritage from a family member. Allthough after restoring it it mostly serves as a decoration of my room.

I did a few times with varying levels of sophisticated games and technology. I prefer paintball myself, but I currently don't play because both sport hobbies are so expensive. Airsoft was a slower game in my experience. Due to it's mil-sim nature its slower paced and more care is given to tactical movement i.e. move and shoot between cover and not go rambo. Also the use of radios and communications was much more prevalent in Airsoft. Paintball has the same move and shoot concept but there is less care given to being shot. As a result much riskier maneuvers are made that very few on a battlefield would do, and it changes the nature of the game into one more akin to a sporting match, than a mil-sim match.

Both are fun though.

I'm a paintballer myself, but I'm afraid I can't to share my collection - own a couple unicorns, and I enjoy my anonymity, hehe. I'd like to try airsoft some time, but the scene is small compared to paintball here... Oh, and the wife would probably object to a 2nd herd of unicorns, lol

Used to play airsoft back in the day. Joined the airsoft group at the university I attend. Way too militarized for me. I like playing airsoft but I find too many groups take themselves too seriously. It might only be a few but I tend to find a lot of airsofters take themselves too seriously. Still, would love to play a pick-up game with friends. Always a good time running through forest with my M16...so to speak.

Used to play airsoft and paintball w/ friends in highschool. Had an electric full auto M14at 475 fps