Thread: -My story-

Post -My story-

Hello all my name is Damien and this is my story , well basically ive been a ab/dl since I can remember and im finding it hard to cope with atm as its interfering with my social life and life in general and im seriously thinking of trying to quit because its getting too much, I want to accept it but part of me wont let myself ever except this because to me its not (normal) I think as I would prefer to have a normal sex life and girlfriend which both I have never had because of this special thing we all have and now im 24 I cant take what everyone is doing around me, I want what everyone else has, family and friends are asking questions putting increasing pressure as to what I do with my life and why I haven't got a girlfriend and now I cant handle it.

I think iam a subconscious attention seeker and crave it all the time my relationship with my mother is not good we put on a front around other people but we don't like each other deep down , partly because in a heated argument she said ' I stopped loving you years ago' when I was like 16 or something so I was like wow lol really family knows about this because when I was living at home I ordered many items and shared a room with my brother for years and still suck my thumb so yeah kind of obvious but no1 has ever said anything but I just know they know and that weirds me out a bit.

ive been viewing this site for many years but never made an account always just read posts but now id like some advice or reassurance as to what to do as I know we cant change who we are but I would like to lead a normal life without this hanging over me, id appreciate any advice and look forward to viewing replies thank you for your time Damien.

Welcome to ADISC, Damien..

It's better to take your time and find love, than to do what most American pro athletes seem to do, and just run around and bounce from one relationship to another... Wouldn't you agree?

I have many ABDL friends who may keep the diaper part to themselves, but that doesn't stop them from finding girlfriends/boyfriends and being very social. I am one of those types, I'd rather not bring up ABDL stuff to my close friends and family. I totally understand, and what's the rush anyway?

Know what you love about life, be patient, and you will eventually get that *spark* from someone who is very interested in getting to know all of you.

I would just ignore the pressure, and kindly change the subject (such as "drunk drivers bother me more than someone who is not dating for one reason or another", etc.).

Welcome to the site, ad good luck!

- Will
    Last edited by wwetbed; 21-Sep-2014 at 17:33. Reason: typo

Hello! I think it's a good step forward to be reaching out and asking for advice.

What I would say is that you should try to balance things. Yes, ABDL is a part of who you are but that doesn't mean it needs to rule your life. Try perusing another interest of yours, look into groups in your area who also like gaming or reading or whatever you're into.

I would also suggest trying to see if there is a littles munch in your area. I'm looking into going to the one in my area, and I'm really nervous, but it might help just go start making friends. If you go this route it may be easier because those around you will already understand that part of you and you don't need to worry about it so much.

Finally, some people simply never settle down with a permanent partner and that's completely ok. It's more important that you are happy with who you are and the people you surround yourself with.

I hope this helps!

So glad you decided to join. Please don't worry too much. It is possible to be an ABDL, but not have it rule your life, or detract from socializing or dating. That being said, there is no pressure to date anyone unless that is truly what you want for yourself. I hope you enjoy being a part of the ADISC community and find and learn things that help in real life.

What's the rush? I am in my late 30's, and have never been on a date. It's just not a priority for me right now. (And perhaps never will be. Who knows?)

thanks for your advise guys I appreciate the time, yeh I guess theres no rush but il just have to accept this as part of my life because no matter how hard I try to stop indulging it always comes back it is an addiction for all of us I think.