Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: do u think I have legit reasons for possible diaper prescription

Default do u think I have legit reasons for possible diaper prescription

Im pretty sure I have overactive bladder, since I pee like 8-10 times a day depending on coffee/water/seltzer. I have occasional bedwetting, id say average actual accidents is like once a month but not all the time. I do use a cpap for sleep apnea which I think is why I bedwet. sometimes insomnia, and if I have to pee 2 or 3 times at night it makes it hard to get to sleep, hence the diapers, have been a great help. Also in the past few yrs ive noticed that my post pee dribble has gotten a bit worse I.e. wet spots, dribble down my l leg, sometimes its a bit more, once again , good thing for diapers. Im am gonna start activetly keeping a pee diary. I have a doctors apmt next month. How real are my chances for gettin diapers by prescription? Thanks for any feedback.

I don't know, but I'm going to guess they're pretty slim. I'd expect a prescription would only be given in cases where other attempts at managing your wetting have failed. Before they'd prescribe diapers for bedwetting, they'd surely do a sleep study, monitor your fluid intake, make recommendations for how to regulate your output, etc. Diapers are surely a last resort, from a clinical standpoint.

I work in a retail pharmacy and have seen strips for adult diapers. In most cases private insurance considers them OTC, or over the counter so they won't cover them. If you're on some sort of government plan they cover just about everything from condoms to vitamin C.

A doctor's appointment is the best place for that, nobody here is a doctor or, if they are, they're not in a position to properly diagnose you.

Now, most doctors are probably going to take the wetting as a problem that you want to solve, likely with medications that produce the chemicals that help you hold it, as well as possibly exercises or similar to strengthen the muscles.

Honestly, it sounds like you do have a problem, but you shouldn't use that as an excuse to try and scam the medical system. Discuss the issue openly with your doctor, tell him you'd prefer diapers to other solutions if you want, see what he has to say.

Yeah im in no way wanting to scam the system but Id prefer to take a little drugs as possible, ive considered trying melotonin for insomnia but id rather not deal with anything more addictive or side effective. At some point I may need diabetes meds but im not there yet. Id definitely rather manage my bladder issues with diapers over trying drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by nikthewerelion View Post
    Yeah im in no way wanting to scam the system but Id prefer to take a little drugs as possible, ive considered trying melotonin for insomnia but id rather not deal with anything more addictive or side effective. At some point I may need diabetes meds but im not there yet. Id definitely rather manage my bladder issues with diapers over trying drugs.
    You should absolutely tell that to your doctor when you see him. Be upfront and give him all the information. I think keeping the diary is a great idea as well. He may well agree with you that diapers are an alternative to medication, but he may also suggest you try the drugs, especially if the side effects aren't very strong.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieRoni View Post
    Honestly, it sounds like you do have a problem, but you shouldn't use that as an excuse to try and scam the medical system.
    This.

Trying to work the system like that is not only a bit dishonest from a monetary standpoint, but it also cheapens the condition of people who are actually incontinent to the point of needing diapers. From an insurance standpoint, monitoring fluid intake and avoiding certain drinks would probably be the first resort, followed by medications, followed by pads/external catheters, followed by diapers as a last resort.

I'm no doctor, but I'm pretty sure that most forms of OAB can be easily treated by medications. If I were you I'd also be concerned about diabetes, as excess blood glucose levels can also serve to increase urine production and create OAB-like symptoms.

You should definitely see your doctor, but your primary goal should be to get the issues fixed, not try to get your insurance company to financially support your fetish.

Im not trying to get medicaid to pay for my fetish. I live on ssdi and get medicaid, trying to eat healthy ands insanely expensive, which is how im trying to control my glucose levels. Dealing with these issues be it bladder or glucose can take years and im just trying to see if my reasons are legit enuff for now. Im trying to do this without trying a bizillion drugs for every little things. It seems redicululous that diapers to be the last resort, if im trying to manage everything else without drugs. But who knows. Ill admit that theres a pschological aspect but its not that im lazy, but all the other ways that oab, insomnia, depression, etc can effect me. Can u say vicious cycle?, im not sure at this point if this adds up to me needing diapers, I guess we will see.

I would talk to your doctor, thats what I did I have the drip after I go pee it got so bad it stained my pants and then being diabetic I take metform which a side efect , which with my job I can be five minutes from the restroom, and have went # 2 in my pants at least 2 times a month believe me this is no fun. The doctor told me I could take more pills I said no . No more side effects I would reather wear depends or adult diapers, Because I dont like to use public restrooms. My doctor said ok he kept me on metform he said if it was more then 2 times a month he would have taken me off metform.

My doc tryin to get me to take metformen, didnt know that a side effect is shittin my pants, oh thats gonna suck if that happens to me, I have yet to get down to only 2 drinks in a night tho, thus why im not on it yet