Thread: Diaper sizing question again.

Default Diaper sizing question again.

When you look at waist size do you use your pants size or the size of your actually waist if measured correctly? Still trying to figure out this sizing nonsense.

Get yourself a cloth measuring tape at most any fabric store or Wal Mart. That way you'll be able to measure your waist, thighs, hips or anything
    else you need to measure. I recommend getting the 96" one. That way you can take a torso measurement when asked for when sizing onesies.

folfpup7

i normally use my pants size but thats how i roll

Quote Originally Posted by OtherJake View Post
    When you look at waist size do you use your pants size or the size of your actually waist if measured correctly? Still trying to figure out this sizing nonsense.
    Refer to this dude: http://www.xpmedical.com/sizing.html or read the info at the bottom.

If you need more assistance with sizing then use a measuring tape around your waist first. Depends if your size is like 30" or 32" etc...

Another trick of measuring yourself is like determine the size of your underwear. Example: 31-33", 38-40" is a medium and most diapers are around that size. You can easily subtract a few number down to like 29-31" since diapers are noctorious for size lookouts. Sometimes we judge when we say they are going to fit us when we figure out "dammit!" That's why online stores say for some disclaimers "Diaper's vary in sizes, recommend buying samples before buying cases"

You have an Abena cloth diaper right? Here's the correct measurements,

• X-Small (Youth) 20” to 26” waist or hip
    • Small 24” to 31” waist or hip
    • Medium 28” to 43” waist or hip
    • Large 39” to 59” waist or hip
    • X-Large 43” to 67” waist or hip

I don't know what size you got but for cloth diapers they are supposed to stretch somewhat but other times they don't varying on diapers. Again it also helps buying a correct measurement to sometimes a larger diaper to ensure comfort and safety without the nerve or squeezing you to death :P
    Last edited by Snivy; 20-Sep-2014 at 05:45. Reason: Quoting the OP for assistance

You defiantly need to go by hip size. Many small diapers go up to 31" hip/waist size I have 29-30 waist and they barely fit because my hips are closer to 33-34". A little pre-stretching and they are a will fit, but very snug.

WearingClouds

I'm about a 31" waste and I always go with mediums for two reasons. They fit perfect and even if they are big (in the case of A+ and Dry 24/7) they are very bulky which I like

Quote Originally Posted by barkd74 View Post
    You defiantly need to go by hip size.
    definitely.

Also, the manufacturer provided sizing on most diapers is pure BS anyway. Just use waist or hip (or even pants size) to get a ballpark number and then order a sample pack in the two closest sizes for whatever diaper it is that you want.

Also, if you're using tape up diapers it's pretty hard to go wrong with sizing. I once bought large molicares by mistake (molicare runs big and my normal size is small). A bit of creative taping made them fit well enough. Couldn't have hid them under clothes or anything, but they actually worked better for wearing to bed than anything else I've used.

My first experience buying Bambino diapers I went with Medium because the sizing is supposedly between 31-49 or something like that. When I got that shipment I realized that they did't fit well at all. Its worth considering hip width since its gotta wrap around the body, the measurement is around your body at the widest part of the booty.

Also don't limit your comfort only because psych tells you to not buy bigger. I had this problem and just learned to accept using large, well fitting diapers instead of trying to fool myself that I fit medium when I dont. Oh that reminds me, Bambinos medium will NOT FIT a size 36 and up well. I have big thighs and Id rather get large.
    Last edited by Sulqy117; 20-Sep-2014 at 10:20.

Quote Originally Posted by WearingClouds View Post
    I'm about a 31" waste and I always go with mediums for two reasons. They fit perfect and even if they are big (in the case of A+ and Dry 24/7) they are very bulky which I like
    The op wasn't asking about your size and how you like bulkiness. At least tell how to help him out instead of giving everyone your insight story. Because we don't know how your helping us with sizes if all you talk about is your own diaper and waist sizes.

I have a size 34 waist. I am 37" around the widest part of my butt and hip bones. You need to look at the specific manufacturer, because they all have their own stupid opinions on sizing, and there is no 'standard'.

For me - Although many mediums 'might'work' I always buy a large. Why, one might ask? Think about the wings, and the companies that say they have a full mat. Many of us know that a full mat means there is more padding/absorbing layer near the top front, and rear. With my buying a large, I can utilize even more padding (absorption) and it simply means that when I tape the diaper on, I have the top tapes closer together below my belly button. This allows for me to sleep on my side, and have that extra absorbing ability even though the company says they have a full mat. I find that it leaks 90% less at the times during the night when I happen to be on my side.

In the end - measure your widest part of diaper coverage, and order that size range. To be certain - pay the couple buck more for a few samples, and try them out. It's much better than getting a case, and finding that they are just a tad too small, and be either uncomfortable, or don't cover well - Or - Both!

Be well!