Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: bedwetting diaper issues

Default bedwetting diaper issues

Well, have been having an issue I haven't much had before, and thought this would be the right place to put it. I've been a bedwetter all my life, but lately the diaper's I've been wearing (assurance), which I used to never leak from, all of a sudden started leaking. I usually sleep in a fetal position, but still never used to leak. So is there anything I can do to not leak, without having to buy expensive diapers? I just don't have the money for them at the moment, so I need a sort of cheap fix, since I hate waking up to wet sheets >.<

Although I have no experience in this subject, I can try to offer some advice. As you get older, you become bigger, and that means your bladder does, too. It could be that you are leaking...The diaper just isn't absorbent enough. You could try to find out how much you wet, and see if that is the problem. On wet nights, weigh yourself with the wet diaper still on, and see the difference between nights when you leak and nights when you just wet.

dprdinky

2 suggestions:

1 wearing plastic pants overtop the disposable diapers

2 Consider using baby diapers as stuffers in the Assurance disposables

Use some kind of stuffer/doubler...Cut back on drinks near bed...Plastic pants...

The reason why there leaking is because they switch from using a plastic cover to a cloth cover on the assurance diaper. Anyway either 1.) Double up at night. 2.) uses a baby diaper as a stuffer and 3.) wear plastic pants.

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    The reason why there leaking is because they switch from using a plastic cover to a cloth cover on the assurance diaper. Anyway either 1.) Double up at night. 2.) uses a baby diaper as a stuffer and 3.) wear plastic pants.
    Oh...well they were cloth covered before and still didn't leak...now it's sort of all of a sudden, but I found my plastic pants ^^

Quote Originally Posted by diaperedbabygirl View Post
    Oh...well they were cloth covered before and still didn't leak...now it's sort of all of a sudden, but I found my plastic pants ^^
    Okay then maybe you got a shitty package or something because I'm wearing the same kind for the last week or so and they only leak on me once.

you could try those 'bed-mats' made by pampers or huggies or whoever.

I know you mentioned money as an issue. However, if you save up some, there is no better protection at night (or daytime for that matter) than cloth diapers and plastic pants. I wear thick flannel diapers at night with extra flannel soakers and it helps tremendously. I think they're more comfortable too. Also, you can get them like mine with cute baby prints on them. Disposables (even the best ones) aren't very good at trapping liquid if you happen to be laying on your side when you wet, even with diaper doublers. However, if you go that route Depends has a decent doubler called a "Boost".
    Spaz