Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I told my caregivers about my AB desires

Default I told my caregivers about my AB desires

I told my caregivers about my AB desires and they were rather accepting. They have seen me struggle more recently with things I used to do, so when I told them how I feel, they asked me what they can do. We decided the easiest way they can help me is hand feed me in addition to the other support they have been giving me for years.

I was happily shocked when my aide and I were in Panera and she proceeded to put a bib on me and spoon feed me soup in the restaurant. It felt wonderful to be treated this way

Wow, must be pretty good people to be willing to do that for you

Quote Originally Posted by CPDude View Post
    I told my caregivers about my AB desires and they were rather accepting. They have seen me struggle more recently with things I used to do, so when I told them how I feel, they asked me what they can do. We decided the easiest way they can help me is hand feed me in addition to the other support they have been giving me for years.

I was happily shocked when my aide and I were in Panera and she proceeded to put a bib on me and spoon feed me soup in the restaurant. It felt wonderful to be treated this way
    That's terrific that you feel this way! Must be exciting!

I'm happy that his has brought you some comfort and I hope it continues. We all find ways to cope with the things that life throws at us. Tomorrow my wife and I see the surgeon who amputated the front part of her foot. I'm hoping he will be pleased as to how it looks. If he feels it's going in the wrong direction, he may suggest amputation below the knee. That's what we've been dealing with for the past three to four weeks.

We cope in our own ways: going out to eat, reading and listening to music, and me in diapers at night. She's sensitive to that and will baby me to some smaller degree. Knowing how difficult life can be, it's sometimes the small things that mean so much.

Quote Originally Posted by CPDude View Post

Wow, it's great!! I'm so happy for you!! Enjoy!

Knowing how difficult life can be, it's sometimes the small things that mean so much.
    So true...

hand feeding me has happened every meal since I told them of my ab desires. I have been fed in public several times now. I think sitting in my wheelchair, most people dont think twice about it. It has made my life easier, and I am happily one big step closer to being the baby I always knew I was

Yeah, that would make it way easier for people not to even question it. I think that is awesome that your care givers realize that this is something that can make you happy, and since you are not able to really reach for it yourself as easily, they are willing to help you feel like a baby. Makes me feel happy to know that there are good people in the world.

BrandonSleepypuppy

Okay, so congrats on finding the courage to admit your deepest thoughts and put all your
    troubles aside, however be EXTREMELY EXTREMELY CAREFUL!!!!! You may like the weird looks
    that people give you, but some consider this as expeditionism and others have kids in the
    area which may be frightened or confused. I speak from experience when I say be careful
    what you do in public, no matter the rush. It is best to do it alone one on one, but do
    what you must and what you decide, just know the concequences before you do, it isnt
    impressing anyone but yourself. If you feel shakily nervous, then its best if you mabey
    kick it down a notch,

OTHERWISE WITH THAT SAID, CONGRATS

Umm... Okay, no. The man has Cerebral Palsy. Depending on the severity, type, & subtype, feeding oneself is a total ass-pain, & in a few cases, dangerous. Only a complete putz; yeah, I said it, putz, would look funny at a disabled man using a wheelchair for needing to be fed. That would include parents with small kids.

That being said, CPDude, be double dang sure you keep your own home, if you have it, because if you end up in some, "home," somewhere, & they find out you're AB, they may not understand. They may think you're retarded. (Diagnosis, not slur) If they do THEY WILL LET YOU ROT. Maybe I'm paranoid. Also, being fed creeps me the heck out. Only in the hospital, & only a loving partner who sees me as a competent adult, who is his baby not a defective or a baby.

Additionally, snoopy government folks accustomed to dealing with us CP people, really don't know the difference in AB need for diapers, & medical need because of physical disability or mental defect. I don't have to tell you most people out of the loop on CP think we're stupid as rocks anyway. I'm terrified to get any diapers, partly because of childhood threats, & trauma involving them, but also because of sh** snoopy government people have the power to do that I'm powerless to stop. Maybe if you told them it was just a weird hobby, but would you be believed, or would they say you were a poor dear who couldn't grasp his own needs & take away your freedom. One of my friends has a traumatic brain injury. He was scared they'd put him in a, "home," & schedule him until they weened him off his nighttime diaper, if he told them he wet most nights. He was lucky to go home.
    Last edited by SpAzpieSweeTot; 21-Sep-2014 at 01:41.

This is the kind of thing Im looking forward to when I start working, Im almost done with my nurse assistant course and it includes home health, which I assume is what OP's caregiver is. I had a feeling that this was a rewarding career, but after my clinical hours it has sunk in just how grateful people are and how fulfilling it is to help people feel better. Im glad you have someone who looks out for you OP, Im looking forward to the day I find a client who's into ABDL stuff.