Thread: Hello from a padded anime fan!

Default Hello from a padded anime fan!

Hi, I'm RWBYKing, and this is the beginning of my foray into ADISC. I'm a college student. Classes are KMA, but otherwise I'm fine with where I'm at. My favorite anime is Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan, for those of you who don't recognize it by its proper name), and I have a tendency to randomly burst into song whenever the feeling strikes me/when it feels appropriate. I love you all, and I don't even know you yet.

Hi there, RWBYKing, and welcome to ADISC Hopefully, you'll enjoy your time here ^^

Shingeki no Kyojin (I often switch between Attack on Titan and the Japanese title) is certainly a great anime/manga series. I was introduced to it through the anime. Do you have a favourite character or characters? Mine would have to be both Mikasa and Sasha.

Also, judging by your name, would it be safe to assume you like RWBY? If so, what do you think of it so far?

Get out of my head! Mikasa and Sasha are my faves too! Just to be clear, I'm not trying to be an elitist, but instead I made the "proper name" comment because I simply prefer anime that haven't been Americanized because the vast majority that have been Americanized are of very poor quality.

It is safe to assume by my username that I like RWBY. Quite correct too. I think that it has a lot of potential, especially since the animation has vastly improved in volume two over volume one. The voice acting is good, but it could use some work. The plot so far has the most potential, even if I would prefer more action. other than that, they have started putting a side series in to explain the backstory and mechanics of the main plotline. Unfortunately the episodes for the side-series mean that the episodes for the main series get postponed, but such is life. I think that concludes my review for now.

What is your opinion is on Death Note and Soul Eater? I have just finished watching two animes that ate a lot of my time, so I am interested in starting them if they're good enough..

I bid you good health and adieu.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "We do not read and write poetry because it's cute. We read and write poetry because we are members of the human race, and the human race is filled with passion. Medicine, law, business, engineering, these are noble pursuits, and necessary to sustain life, but poetry, beauty, romance, love, these are what we stay alive for. To quote from Whitman 'Oh me, oh life, of the questions of these recurring, of the endless trains of the faithless, of cities filled with the foolish, what good amid these, oh me, oh life?' That the powerful play goes on. That the powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse. What will your verse be?" - Robin Williams Dead Poet's Society (1989)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Last edited by RWBYKing; 23-Sep-2014 at 11:48.

Welcome to the forum! I cant get into AoT. Tried. Nope. Lol How would you describe RWBY? My buddy keeps trying to get me to watch it, but unsure. :P

As far as Soul Eater, I loved it. I wanted more. It was a different concept than most anime here lately in the fact that a person becomes the weapon and the importance of that bond.

So you're in college? Whats your major?

Quote Originally Posted by RWBYKing View Post
    What is your opinion is on Death Note and Soul Eater? I have just finished watching two animes that ate a lot of my time, so I am interested in starting them if they're good enough..
    Death Note is a really great anime. Even though it is very much a supernatural show, I like the crime noir elements to it. The characters are memorable and fun, and Kira as the creepy protagonist/antagonist is delightfully evil.