Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Give me one good reason..

Default Give me one good reason..

Give me one good reason I shouldn't just kill myself tonight... I am seriously over it. My parents hate me because I am gay. Me and my dad just got into like 10 minutes ago and he fucking punched me and shoved me into a wall.. I can't being called a faggot and being hit on whenever he is angry and drunk.. My mom never believes me about anything and she hates me too. My sisters and my brother hate they all fucking hate me and I am just ready to end it.

Because you have life ahead of you! DON'T DO IT!!! I almost committed suicide back in 2013 because of bullies in high school but I got over that with a little bit of help from some friends whom I trust alot!!! Maybe your parent's can't accept you for who you are but if your happy with yourself then you shouldn't ruin your life just because everyone feels you ruined there's for coming out of the closet!

There are wayyy better people out there in life you just have to find them and stop worrying over the petty little bullshit you have to go through. If your father is abusive then file a report...Maybe your dad yes and I realize it's hard but Child (In this case, you are his kid) Abuse and that is NEVER ok! As for your mother you need to get a therapist and try to work things out with her. It's will be hard but you need to take a deep breath and try to put one to one together! Don't end it all over some stupid simple stuff that can be fixed within an hour or two. I'm sorry things aren't getting better with you and your family but remember on your last thread you stood up to bullies! You showed them I'm sure and that made me and everyone else proud on ADISC!

What you got to understand is that there WILL be obstacles in your life and you have to go through every last one of them and it will be hard but you have to bite your tongue and go through each one.

Please visit these links because your a cool member to me and I would hate to see you go! I want you to stay and not leave. If you leave right now, god will not forgive you and you will live a worse life than you are now...

Prevent Suicide

Information on Preventing Suicide

Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)

I'm serious...It may be hard right now but if you kill yourself, there will be worse plans waiting for you...Ask forgiveness and ask him for advice on your bed while your thinking. Take the advice I am heeding to you and think about this...THIS IS SERIOUS. I'm not jumping your case I just don't wanna see you go :'(

Do you want a reason why? I can give you 7 Reason's why right now...

1. You make excellent drawing's and post onto ADISC.
    2. You have guts to step up to bullies.
    3. You have all the time in the world to solve problems and it never hurts to ask for a little bit of help.
    4. You are making more friends almost everyday.
    5. You will hurt those who DO care around you!
    6. You will cause yourself suffering while attempting suicide Which again...don't do!
    7. I wanted to be your friend but I didn't think ya wanted to be friends with a Snivy

I extremely hope you reconsider what you are doing.

Side Note: There is someone out there that would love to be with you, all you have to do is just play the waiting game and wait for the right one to come along!
    Last edited by Snivy; 14-Sep-2014 at 05:46.

I have a reason for you. I know you're in a lot of pain right now and it's obvious that your father is being abusive to you both physically and mentally. But luckily there are more people in the world than just your family, who seem to treat you very badly. There are many people who would and do accept you for who you are. So please reconsider ending your life because your life will change and you can one day surround yourself with people who love you for who you are. You can find love and friendship out there, and it does not have to be from your family.

I know that having your family treat you so badly hurts very much. I am pretty much the black sheep of my own family (no they don't even know about the ABDL stuff, even.) I got disowned twice, then taken back, then politely told that things were better when I wasn't around, again. Just like you, it was for unfair reasons - they found my introversion, aspergers and anxiety to be intolerable. They had a difficult time understanding me and why I was different, and my mother never really liked the fact that I did not grow up into the daughter she wanted. It hurts so much to hear that your own family does not love you unconditionally. But you CAN find love out there somewhere, and there IS hope, and it WILL get better for you. Right now things suck but later on your life will improve. LGBT's have a really hard time as teens because other teens are not quite mature enough to handle difference. As an adult, in your twenties/thirties etc, things will be better. It won't be perfect, but all the time the LGBT community is making great strides towards equality.

Think about that, too. You're part of a community - the LGBT community. They will gladly accept you for who you are. So please think about this. Things hurt so much right now but things will not hurt forever. It's impossible for pain to last forever. You're NOT alone, even though it feels like it. You're not bad and you're not unworthy of love or life just because you happen to have a very judgmental and, frankly abusive, immediate family. You can choose your own family, especially when you are more independent. So just hang in there and know that things won't be this bad forever. Things will get better.

If you need help right now please call : 1 800 246 7743 (for youths) or 1 888 843 4564 (for adults). If you are having thoughts of suicide, a suicide hotline for LGBT individuals is:
    1-866-4-U-TREVOR (866-488-7386)

Thank you both of you so much... I am so so soso sosososososososoooo sorry :,( :,( :,(.. I called a hotline and they helped me I still feel really bad and broken, but I hope it will be better. I feel broken beat and worthless most of time. I am so soso sorry :,( thank you

Your not bad or broken, Don't feel sorry...At least your ok and that's all that matters...At least your getting the necessary help you absolutely need!

Listen to this and get anything else out of your head right now...

Last edited by Snivy; 14-Sep-2014 at 16:32.

You're not bad or broken, I promise. You're exactly who you're supposed to be. Being gay is completely natural and you were simply born that way. If all the LGBT community had never existed we would miss out on many, many things. The paintings on the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel (Michelangelo), the basics of the scientific method that we use today (Sir Francis Bacon), computer science (Alan Turing), and the countless things that the genius Leonardo Da Vinci gave the world, of course. Then there are the many brilliant authors (Truman Capote, Oscar Wilde, Virginia Woolf). The world would ache at such loss.

I am not saying you have to be amazing to be worth something, but I am saying that being gay does not automatically mean you're worthless. Despite what these little parrots tell you, you're worth exactly as much as everyone else in the world. If you're feeling bad still, I urge you to try to go to sleep. Most of the time, when I have been this low, all it took was another day to view the world a little differently.

This is a poem from Walt Whitman, a gay or bisexual writer who revolutionized American literature.

“Not I, nor anyone else can travel that road for you.
    You must travel it by yourself.
    It is not far. It is within reach.
    Perhaps you have been on it since you were born, and did not know.
    Perhaps it is everywhere - on water and land.”

His father said his book was 'trashy and obscene' and his brother said his book was 'worthless.' Even if you're gay, and your family thinks very little of you, you can still make it in the world, find love, and who knows, even nourish the hearts and minds of millions. Don't let a handful of ignorant people tell you that you're worthless because you're gay. Thankfully there's about 7 billion other people in the world, and that's a lot of chances for good friends, love, and a true family of your own.

Quote Originally Posted by BronyPony14 View Post
    Give me one good reason I shouldn't just kill myself tonight... I am seriously over it. My parents hate me because I am gay. Me and my dad just got into like 10 minutes ago and he fucking punched me and shoved me into a wall.. I can't being called a faggot and being hit on whenever he is angry and drunk.. My mom never believes me about anything and she hates me too. My sisters and my brother hate they all fucking hate me and I am just ready to end it.
    Move you out, forget your family (drink something ???) ... and enjoy. Just experience of one real "black sheep" of whole family - I live really more happy than before. Time can help you, but it's not job for one week.

drugs and alcohol are completely out of the question. Moving out is also out the question as well. I don't have the money, or a car, or license for that matter. I don't do those kinds of things. My dad is the way he is because he drinks. I don't like even people smoking around me.

Ey, I didn't inducing you to drink, but consider "how can I be out from here so fast." I left my home without money etc. and now I'm living (not very good, but alone and can enjoy.) So take a plan B: Make you sure to go away in sokme (not so long) time period (1 - 10 weeks.)

Seriously, it's hard your condition, but I (in your site) prefere be sick of hungry and living far away under some bridge. And "is" something what I've done, about 10 years ago...

Hello, BronyPony,

Your post brings back so many memories for me from another time in my life.

I feel what you're saying. I came out of the same situation when I was young. My father hated me from the day I was born because I wasn't a 'planned' baby and my mother wouldn't have an abortion. I grew up gay and my father seemed to realize it long before I accepted it in my life.

I was assaulted by him and abused in numerous other ways. Like you, I was also an artist back then, and, although it gave me some comfort, it wasn't enough.

I attempted suicide one Saturday night. I had thought about it frequently in the years leading up to it and the timing seemed right. The entire family was out and I took a combination of medication, aspirin and alcohol. I was starting to feel the effects when my sister came home unexpectedly with her friends. I was in the basement heaving violently and after finding the bottles lying around, they realized what happened. They took me to the hospital where I stayed for several days.

My father's response was what I have expected. He blasted me for doing such a stupid thing and he was more concerned with how it would affect his reputation in the community if it was discovered his son had attempted suicide. In the end, the family just thought it was one of those stupid things I did, and it was never discussed again. But the pain was still there.

It took a long time for me to find people who I could trust and talk to about my feelings. I felt inferior to other people and I was always surprised when anyone showed any kindness to me.

That was forty years ago. When I reflect on that time now, I see a completely different person, one who was vulnerable and sensitive to the world around him, that he wasn't understood.

I know how painful this feels right now, but believe me, it won't be like this forever. You're at a young age when your life will be changing and you will be finding people who will accept you for who you are. It sounds like you're still living at home with your family and if that's the case, perhaps you need to consider getting your own place and keep yourself safe from your father's violence. I don't know where you live but your profile show you're in the States so I'm providing a link to a list of LGBT groups that give support and counselling for gay issues, family, and homophobia. There should be one in your area.

If you have a local community centre nearby, it would also be worth seeing someone there. They can usually provide short term counselling and let you know what resources are available locally, whether it be counselling, finances, or housing options. I'm mentioning this because some communities have safe housing places for people living in an unhealthy or unsafe home environment. Keep yourself safe and don't minimize or brush off how much this is affecting you.

It's also important to understand that you are not alone in how you're feeling. The gay population has a much higher rate of depression than the general population. So many of us have these feelings that there's something wrong with us because of the homophobia and disapproving families we have to deal with. You're not alone in this, but you should get some counselling and support for yourself.

As for giving you a reason why you shouldn't kill yourself, well it would be a terrible loss for the world to lose such a sensitive, artistic, and reflective individual such as yourself. You have so much to contribute, you just need the time to find your inner strength and have confidence in yourself. It will come in time. It will get better.

I look back to that person who was me forty years ago. What I wouldn't give to go back in time and show him the future, the people that would enter his life and love him, the accomplishments he would achieve.

When I was young:
    I grew up gay.
    I had a father who hated and abused me.
    I was artistic and read a lot so I felt 'different.'
    I attempted suicide to end it all.
    Sound familiar?

Those days of despair are a distant memory. I eventually went back to school for social services. I wanted to help people who were suffering from depression and suicidal ideation. I made new friends and had great relationships throughout the years. In recent years, I worked with homeless youth, many of whom left abusive homes, and I am currently an advocate who represents people facing eviction. I've learned that when I was young, it was not easy to see that the pain would end. When you're depressed it can seem impossible to overcome your feelings and there is no way out, but that is not the case.

I'm so glad that I wasn't successful in killing myself that night forty years ago. I'm glad that I'm here today because I feel that I've made a difference in this world. I've found my voice as an advocate and I've been able to help people who were unable to help themselves. I've been able to retain my idealism, my unique identity, and I have lived my life with passion. Forty years ago, I didn't even know I had this strength.

I am no longer surrounded by homophobes or people who don't like my idealistic point of view, and I can handle anything that comes my way.

There are a lot of people and agencies who will put their hands out to help you through this, BronyPony, and I would advise you to seek them out. I'm one of them. Feel free to send me a PM anytime.

I think you and I both envision a better world where sensitivity and creativity are recognized as gifts rather than burdens to bear.

Take care, feel better,