Thread: does anyone think pokemon x or y is ridiculous

Default does anyone think pokemon x or y is ridiculous

I think it is in a way because when you go to the place you battle they let the enemy use legendary pokemon when you have some but they don't let you use them.

It is a bit unfair, but its also part of the challenge. at least you get to save and change team specifically for those pokes

Nothing will compare to ORIGINAL Pokémon in my book. I had a convo with a younger kid, probably 8 or 9, and claimed I knew nothing of what Pokémon is. I said "You are part right, I have no clue any of the NEW Pokémon, but the original is a different story" he called me out and did not believe me when I told him the original Pokémon. He thought the original was the 4th gen. I about flipped but I blame television on this one... for not replaying old episodes enough.

Quote Originally Posted by seelkadoom20 View Post
    I think it is in a way because when you go to the place you battle they let the enemy use legendary pokemon when you have some but they don't let you use them.
    If you're talking about the battle maison, there are some legendaries which are banned; and this has been the case since the battle tower in ruby and sapphire.

You cannot use:
    Mewtwo
    Mew
    Lugia
    Ho-Oh
    Celebi
    Kyogre
    Groudon
    Rayquaze
    Jirachi
    Deoxys
    Dialga
    Palkia
    Giratina
    Phione
    Manaphy
    Darkrai
    Shaymin
    Arceus
    Victini
    Reshiram
    Zekrom
    Kyurem
    Keldeo
    Meloetta
    Genesect
    Xerneas
    Yveltal
    Zygarde
    Diancie

Any legendary not on this list can be used, like Latias and Latios, the regis, etc.

I'm not aware of enemy teams using any of the banned legendaries in the various battle tower incarnations. You won't randomly run into a guy using Mewtwo no matter how many wins you get. They use the same legendaries that you use, so the Latii, the emotion spirits, legendary birds, legendary dogs and so forth are all fair game, and you can bring them too.

Quote Originally Posted by EagleScout View Post
    Nothing will compare to ORIGINAL Pokémon in my book. I had a convo with a younger kid, probably 8 or 9, and claimed I knew nothing of what Pokémon is. I said "You are part right, I have no clue any of the NEW Pokémon, but the original is a different story" he called me out and did not believe me when I told him the original Pokémon. He thought the original was the 4th gen. I about flipped but I blame television on this one... for not replaying old episodes enough.
    There's always a genwunner in these threads :p IMO Gen 5 was the best gen in terms of games so far. It was actually challenging and had an amazing storyline and so much to do.

Pokemon X and Y were ridiculous to me because of the fact that you could easily steamroll any in-game trainer/gymleader/elite 4 member with very little preparation. If you had experience share equipped and know anything about building a good competitive team, you could easily beat the game without a single hitch. With the share on, all of my pokemon were about 10 levels above every gym leader I faced. It made the game way too easy when you could just OHKO everything... and I don't like using OU pokemon! I usually stick with using pokemon I like, and most of them are in the NU/RU tiers..

-Ron

I rather stick to unova because newer and newer pokemon are kinda getting ridiculous.

When the series Professor Oak said the last region was the Sinnoh region and out of the clear blue there is another one...I wanted to stop watching but then...Snivy showed up and that's how it happened!