Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Feeling Guilty because of fetish

Default Feeling Guilty because of fetish

I've recently come back to my Catholic faith, praying the Rosary, going to Mass, etc.

Unfortunately, I'm also beginning to experience shame and guilt, thinking that I am doing something deviant or horrible/taboo.

I feel that I am sinning against God and the faith...

I wouldn't. People just can't feel shame right off the bat unless they did something majorly bad in which case...maybe but Zelda, your not. There are worse sins then what your doing.

I think if you reflect on how you feel and what it is that you are needing, and if that need includes nurturing something very tender and deep within you, and you are meeting that need in a manner that is respecting yourself and others, how could it be bad.

If your faith is based on love, and you have need of a certain type of loving then I'm sure It's got to be ok. Mind you there ought to be balance and you can't be intentionally hurting anyone. We don't know why we have this deep need and if we don't nurture ourselves then we become unbalanced. Idk it's a hard one. I just think you know, the book says 'come as you are, that's how I want you' ....not open slather to be an @$$hole but you probably get what I'm saying. ... Don't beat yourself up over it. Take care of yourself and be a good Christian. The only reason you probably feel guilty is that narrow minded people would not accept you for who you are.

Quote Originally Posted by ozbub View Post
    I think if you reflect on how you feel and what it is that you are needing, and if that need includes nurturing something very tender and deep within you, and you are meeting that need in a manner that is respecting yourself and others, how could it be bad.

If your faith is based on love, and you have need of a certain type of loving then I'm sure It's got to be ok. Mind you there ought to be balance and you can't be intentionally hurting anyone. We don't know why we have this deep need and if we don't nurture ourselves then we become unbalanced. Idk it's a hard one. I just think you know, the book says 'come as you are, that's how I want you' ....not open slather to be an @$$hole but you probably get what I'm saying. ... Don't beat yourself up over it. Take care of yourself and be a good Christian. The only reason you probably feel guilty is that narrow minded people would not accept you for who you are.
    Being a "good Christian" entails loving each other and ourselves as Christ loves us. If He sees good in us worthy of love, then who are we to second-guess that?

I'm speaking as an atheist here, but what do you have to feel guilty about? Does this fetish hurt anyone? Is there any evidence that it even offends your god? How is it a sin?

From another perspective, perhaps god has given you this fetish, amongst the other things you enjoy in life. My advice is to keep your religion since it is important to you, but you need to understand that religion and the bible were written by men and therefore subject to interpretation. I'd argue that your god wants you to be the best person possible, capable of love, sharing and compassion. Having different desires does not affect his plan for you, I'm sure.
    Last edited by Starrunner; 14-Sep-2014 at 01:36.

Quote Originally Posted by starrunner View Post
    I'm speaking as an atheist here, but what do have to feel guilty about? Does this fetish hurt anyone? Is there any evidence that it even offends your god? How is it a sin?

From another perspective, perhaps god has given you this fetish, amongst the other things you enjoy in life. My advice is to keep your religion since it is important to you, but you need to understand that religion and the bible were written by men and therefore subject to interpretation. I'd argue that your god wants you to be the best person possible, capable of love, sharing and compassion. Having different desires does not affect his plan for you, I'm sure.
    I'm agreeing with the atheist here.

I feel that I should cease urinating in my diapers, even if it's only during SIDF.

I have no problem with my homosexual relationship, no problem with the concept of masturbation. I do, however, have a problem with my unnecessary use of the diapers...

What do you guys think?

Whatever you feel is right. I see no problem using your diapers. But if it makes you uncomfortable, then stop.

Quote Originally Posted by SonicZelda View Post
    I feel that I should cease urinating in my diapers, even if it's only during SIDF.

I have no problem with my homosexual relationship, no problem with the concept of masturbation. I do, however, have a problem with my unnecessary use of the diapers...

What do you guys think?
    You should do whatever makes you feel good. I also think that your religion has nothing to say on the subject of peeing in a diaper for any reason and that seeking pleasure in life is not a sin as long as you don't hurt anyone else.