Thread: I love a great diaper deal

Default I love a great diaper deal

I don't know what made me do it, but the other day I did a search for places that sold home medical supplies near my work. Then, a while later, I called each of them and asked what kinds of incontinence supplies they sold. I was looking for some of the better stuff, instead of the standard Depend and store brand stuff.

One place I called--I think it was the second store--asked me what brands, specifically, I was looking for. I said, "Abena, Molicare, Tena . . . " and she stopped me on that last one.

"We do carry Tena (she pronounced it 'Teena').
    "Great, I'm looking for the Super absorbency," I said.
    "Let me look."

When she came back on the line she said they only carried the Ultra. I was disappointed, but it was good to know they carried those.

Then she said, "I have a bag of the Ultras that someone opened."
    "How much do you want for those?" I asked, always looking for a deal.
    "Well, I can't put them out like this. How about $10?"

For those of you who don't know, Tena diapers come in massive bags, and these come as bags of 40 for the large size. They generally cost anywhere between $30-$40 a bag, so $10 is a steal.

Needless to say I now have a large quantity of discreet daytime diapers for $0.25 apiece. Score.

I have, Parcel. They're not the most capacious diaper, but they're perfect for those times when you need a little discreet protection.

wow that's a steal. I'm always amazed at what people will give you if you just ask nicely for it.

Yes! and when you purchase two cases, you get a free item in this store that is under $1, 1, whatever under the dollar value is...Mcdonald's dollar Menu.