Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: It really stinks how the best diapers are really expensive.

Default It really stinks how the best diapers are really expensive.

I just ordered a bag of Tena Slip Maxis online. A measly 24 diapers cost a total of $45.

Grr...I can easily put my money toward something a little more reasonable, but once you go pro with diapers, there's no going back.

They are expensive for a reason , Quality of the materials used and packaging also you're paying a premium for the brand name and Advertising
    Buy a cheap diaper and you'll understand why
    P/S don't for get sales tax in some sates and country's UK 20% Germany 19%

Indeed, but you get what you pay for, I think

I wish I could try any premium adult diaper like Abena or Bambino, sadly I can't find anything like that in my country, but then I won't like to go back.

Yep, buying by the bag is really, really expensive. Especially because diapers are bulky which means shipping costs are relatively high. Save up and buy by the case.

Even with bambinos buy a case is the best option. Even though its like 2 dollars per diaper for me when buying a case due to California's taxes. Buying 2 bags would be almost 2.50 per diaper rather then 2.

Also paying that much for it, you're pretty much forced to make the most of them and not squander them.

If you're in the US, I've been very happy with the Wellness Brief Superio Series. If you put your email on their mailing list, they're constantly having sales too, although they do have the weird tendency to send out two different coupon codes (10% and 25% off usually). I somehow (I don't remember how) ended up with two different emails on the list and one gets the 10% and the other gets the 25% off coupon codes (guess which one I use if I order, lol).

For instance, right now (for another couple days only, although the next sale will probably be within a month) the coupon code is NASA59. This is specifically for the wellnessbriefs.com site.

And yes, i know this sounds like I'm trying to advertise for them. I'm just commenting because you were discussing the high cost of premium diapers. I also can't say how well you'll like them, I can only give you my opinion.

I guess the price differs between countries. Here in finland a bag of 24 Tena maxi slip L costs 26,40, which is about 33$.

As with most products, to successfully compete in the market place they need to price themselves competitively. I am going to exclude the ABDL specific brands at this point, as they are still are still speciality products, that have little rivals so can charge almost what they want, and dear members of our community will still buy them, perhaps as an occasional treat.

Back to the brands that are big players in the incontinence market, there is a great deal of competition out there. Our ABDL shopping habits are but a drop in the ocean for these brands, who often have deals with national health services, hospitals, and sometimes even exclusive deals at specific pharmacy chains around the world. They will often price their products based on how many units of their items would be required by an average user.

For most users, or carers of those who need them, they are not looking at how much eat product costs, rather how much it will cost to cater for the individual's needs per 24 hr period, or week, or month. 3' Tena slip super' might be cheaper than 6 'Depends protection with tabs'. If you are going to wear two diapers per week though, yes, two of the Tena will cost more than 2 of the Depend.

Phew. That was a mouthful. :-)

A.

Quote Originally Posted by TenSwords View Post
    I just ordered a bag of Tena Slip Maxis online. A measly 24 diapers cost a total of $45.

Grr...I can easily put my money toward something a little more reasonable, but once you go pro with diapers, there's no going back.
    I agree but hey being a bed wetter all of my life i want a diaper that i know is not gonna leak so thats why i buy the best diapers out there