Thread: Solar flair is suppose to cause "Northern Lights" to night.

Default Solar flair is suppose to cause "Northern Lights" to night.

I am hearing on the news that there was a solar flair two days ago and it has been hitting our atmosphere since last night.

Has anybody been seeing the Aurora Borealis this evening?

I looked last night an hour after sundown and I did not see anything definite, but we are in the city light zone of Vancouver, Washington. I am going to take the kids for a ride about 10 pm (PDT) tonight and see if they are visible.

Quote Originally Posted by egor View Post
    I am hearing on the news that there was a solar flair two days ago and it has been hitting our atmosphere since last night.

Has anybody been seeing the Aurora Borealis this evening?

I looked last night an hour after sundown and I did not see anything definite, but we are in the city light zone of Vancouver, Washington. I am going to take the kids for a ride about 10 pm (PDT) tonight and see if they are visible.

I'm up on Vancouver Island, you figure I'll see them Egor?

I am not sure. The scientist they where talking to said something about central Canada was not seeing anything, but I think they have an Artic storm over them. But they made it sound like they where showing up pretty deep into Europe tonight. Time will only tell.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowBlitz View Post
    I'm up on Vancouver Island, you figure I'll see them Egor?
    your weather radar over Vancouver island shows clear right now;
    http://weather.gc.ca/radar/index_e.html?id=XSI

Quote Originally Posted by littlelodgewrecker View Post
    your weather radar over Vancouver island shows clear right now;
    http://weather.gc.ca/radar/index_e.html?id=XSI
    Haha I'm a bit further up the island than Campbell River But thank you LittleLodgeWrecker

Quote Originally Posted by SnowBlitz View Post
    Haha I'm a bit further up the island than Campbell River But thank you LittleLodgeWrecker
    here is a better one then, see if this helps;
    http://www.eldoradocountyweather.com...lite-loop.html

Aurora Borealis is probably the only thing I wish I had seen before I lost my sight... It sounds so beautiful. :3 At least I can listen to the recordings of it, they're pretty nice too...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHvdZdsIZxg

Something I've always wanted to see. It's on my bucket list.

I have seen them in Oregon several times in my life. The green color in the sky is so interesting.

But not on this night. I drove up to WSU Vancouver campus and the light pollution was less but still present and there was no northern lights.

There was three cars there to see them and we all left at the same time, because they just did not materialize.

I have yet to see this with my own eyes to the skies... It's been very clear here lately too... the moon is still reflecting quite a bit of light though...

I'll look again tonight, though I get the impression that last night may have been the greatest likeliness to see this type of AB

-Marka