Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Going away for work.

Default Going away for work.

I got a call recently to fly up to a minesite in our northwest for 4 weeks straight to work. I was wondering if it would be wise to take some supplies up with me. The only negative I can think off is disposing of them while I'm up there.

That all depends on how much privacy you'd have, in addition to disposing of used ones. Although there has to be places to throw refuse. Find yourself some dark colored small garbage bags to take with you. Put used ones in them, tie them shut tightly and toss. Nobody is going to sort through tied garbage bags in the trash, are they?

You usually have a small room to yourself with a single bed, a small bar fridge and a desk and tv. Rubbish is a bit of an issue as they have cleaners that go in there while you're at work every couple days.

Well, I like the idea of small garbage bags. You could take them out yourself, throw them in a public trash bin or behind a drugstore.

Pulluplover

Personally I have shied away from wearing in mining type operations. Just too much climbing around and physical activity to me..But if you are just an engineer..maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Pulluplover View Post
    Personally I have shied away from wearing in mining type operations. Just too much climbing around and physical activity to me..But if you are just an engineer..maybe.
    Or, if you only wear for your nighttime enjoyment, why not? You could leave properly secured used diapers in a garbage bag in your luggage until you can throw them away yourself. After all, you must have a place to store your unused supplies you take with you from prying eyes, yes?

soggyboy

I've been to a few mine sites up north Fluffy.

It's one place I would hate to be discovered. News travels fast on site.....

Yes I was thinking of maybe just taking a couple cloth ones and wearing at night instead of usind disposables.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffyboy View Post
    Yes I was thinking of maybe just taking a couple cloth ones and wearing at night instead of usind disposables.
    Wouldn't it be harder to launder used re-usales then disposing disposals?

If you're there for a short time I wouldn't bother - if it gets out on the site it'll travel fast, everybody likes hot gossip.