Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What should be my first diaper?

Default What should be my first diaper?

Hey guys been wanting to wear (not 24/7) for awhile and might have the chance soon... not sure what i should try first...if you need any more info go ahead and ask.

Well Bellissimo's are one of the communities favorite; but are expensive. I'd suggest maybe Molicare super plus? I've actually tried only a few in total as I mostly order mine from Bambino's site. I'd say all in all, don't buy Depends, and don't buy ABUniverse diapers (unless you're a communist). Just kidding, but seriously, if you order from them, you will wait forever to get it/never get it at all.

I need to try more diapers... :P

There are so many good brands to try - it really depends on your preferences. Do you want thicker, in-between, or thinner? Do you care for the colorful AB prints? Do you value discretion more, or absorbency?

I'll second the Molicare. They're comfy and reasonably absorbent. And they don't leak.

Dry 24/7 is probably my favorite, also like anything available from Bambino or XP Medical, Unique Wellness Superio etc. Lots of great diapers to try.

I'm sort of an outlier with my opinion on this but I've always maintained that people should start with the simple ones like CVS/Walgreens brand because they are cheap and easily accessible, and because the best way to really appreciate the premium brands is to have experienced the cheaper stuff first.

Quote Originally Posted by Dbug1001 View Post
    Hey guys been wanting to wear (not 24/7) for awhile and might have the chance soon... not sure what i should try first...if you need any more info go ahead and ask.
    Hello Dbug1001!

A perfect starter diaper for you would be Abena M4's. They are easy to fill up, don't need frequent changes till urine fill wise and can hold up to 90oz of urine. Medium case contains 14 and a large case contains 13. Perfect starter diaper for almost anybody and I would highly recommend these to you or just about anyone really. The diaper's cotton is the same stretches to the flaps almost and it's a plastic diaper so it is disposable and fit for AB gladness of course there are cloth backed ones as well although might not seem as cute so you could use it as a training diaper to get in the mood if you technically want too ^^

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mtOqCwtMYiXDvh3XfzWApOA.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	7.7 KB 
ID:	21860

The diaper contains these qualities,
    • Wetness indicator to help in checking whether it's time to change, might not need it since high volume of SAP inside so it keeps urine away from skin.
    • Refastenable tape tabs to aid in adjusting for a custom fit.
    • Leak guards to prevent urine running down the leg when wetting.
    • Standing inner leg gathers for added leakage protection.
    • Comfortable and reliable.

And that pretty much cover's it. It's not a thick diaper but it does feel if it can hold alot that it should be thick so you can wear around and be discreet about yourself not even caring if anyone raises an eyebrow because trust me...they are not. If I wore these around family members, out in public, and with friends (Even though they know I am a BF[babyfur]) they you should be able to as well. These diapers have discreet and fast shipping from these locations and prices are pretty average and affordable.

Amazon Abena M4
    Bambino Abena M4
    XPMedical Abena M4

These are trusted sites and you will get delivered non-defective diapers to your door and they have other great selection of diapers if you even decide to "upgrade" ^^

If you want cuteness then Bambino Diapers will definitely cover your cuteness to maximum adorableness :o They have a great selection of cute diapers such as Bellissimo's which are thick diapers but do hold alot and of course are comfortable and cute. Bianco's which are standard cute diapers, and so on...

Quote Originally Posted by Snivy View Post
    Hello Dbug1001!

A perfect starter diaper for you would be Abena M4's. They are easy to fill up, don't need frequent changes till urine fill wise and can hold up to 90oz of urine. Medium case contains 14 and a large case contains 13. Perfect starter diaper for almost anybody and I would highly recommend these to you or just about anyone really. The diaper's cotton is the same stretches to the flaps almost and it's a plastic diaper so it is disposable and fit for AB gladness of course there are cloth backed ones as well although might not seem as cute so you could use it as a training diaper to get in the mood if you technically want too ^^

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mtOqCwtMYiXDvh3XfzWApOA.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	7.7 KB 
ID:	21860

The diaper contains these qualities,
    • Wetness indicator to help in checking whether it's time to change, might not need it since high volume of SAP inside so it keeps urine away from skin.
    • Refastenable tape tabs to aid in adjusting for a custom fit.
    • Leak guards to prevent urine running down the leg when wetting.
    • Standing inner leg gathers for added leakage protection.
    • Comfortable and reliable.

And that pretty much cover's it. It's not a thick diaper but it does feel if it can hold alot that it should be thick so you can wear around and be discreet about yourself not even caring if anyone raises an eyebrow because trust me...they are not. If I wore these around family members, out in public, and with friends (Even though they know I am a BF[babyfur]) they you should be able to as well. These diapers have discreet and fast shipping from these locations and prices are pretty average and affordable.

Amazon Abena M4
    Bambino Abena M4
    XPMedical Abena M4

These are trusted sites and you will get delivered non-defective diapers to your door and they have other great selection of diapers if you even decide to "upgrade" ^^

If you want cuteness then Bambino Diapers will definitely cover your cuteness to maximum adorableness They have a great selection of cute diapers such as Bellissimo's which are thick diapers but do hold alot and of course are comfortable and cute. Bianco's which are standard cute diapers, and so on...
    Does Abena have samples? I want to buy some but try first. They seem to have so many options. Might take a huge sample pack to pick the best for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinating View Post
    Does Abena have samples? I want to buy some but try first. They seem to have so many options. Might take a huge sample pack to pick the best for me.
    Bambino Diapers do for like $8.50 for 2 sample packages. I would guess 6 or 8 diapers.

Quote Originally Posted by someguy26 View Post
    I'm sort of an outlier with my opinion on this but I've always maintained that people should start with the simple ones like CVS/Walgreens brand because they are cheap and easily accessible, and because the best way to really appreciate the premium brands is to have experienced the cheaper stuff first.
    That's sort of my thought as well. I don't think it's possible for me to love a disposable with a clothlike cover but I'm otherwise willing to try low and high end. I think it's hard to really appreciate what the premiums bring without trying the lesser options, and trying those may also make one aware of alternatives or circumstances under which the absolute best diaper is not required. It's fun to try different kinds. Work your way up.