Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nappies at the airport.

Lozza1979

Default Nappies at the airport.

Hi

Has anyone here worn nappies at an airport and through airport scanners etc.If so did you get any trouble or questioning? I may be flying to Sweden soon from UK and want to continue wearing, but don't want any embarrassing situations as I'll be flying with family.I may just not bother as I don't need nappies and don't want to risk issues unnecessarily.

If you don't need them, don't do it. There is a very high likelihood of you being given additional screening because the bulge will make them suspicious. Plus, your family will wonder why you never get up to go to the restroom.

norcal57

I've haven't traveled overseas in a long time. I do travel a lot in the US, and never had had an issue. Don't go crazy, leave the diaper pins and plastic pants with metal snaps in your luggage, and make sure you go through dry and you will be fine. It is not a big deal.

There are several threads on the subject, I'd suggest trying out the search function to find them.

Lozza1979

Quote Originally Posted by NovaDL View Post
    If you don't need them, don't do it. There is a very high likelihood of you being given additional screening because the bulge will make them suspicious. Plus, your family will wonder why you never get up to go to the restroom.
    I think you're probably right.I wear Attends regular 9 which are thin and discreet, but they will still show during screening.I'm staying a week and even if I get past the airport its unlikely I'm going to pack enough nappies to last the whole time.I guess I'll just have to go a week without.

As suggested by BabyFoxDK, there are several existing threads on this subject already. Having said that, I am here now, so might as well share my thoughts. I travel a lot by air, and have done fair share of it with diapers. If I intend to wear on the flight I will always go through security with normal underwear, and then change into the diaper in the restrooms nearer the gate. It is just easier. Keep in mind, you could look even more suspicious if you clearly look nervous about something...

If you MUST wear from arrival at airport all the way through, then as suggested, make sure you have not used it. There is no law saying you can't wear a (used) diaper through security, but the wet sap/pulp will likely show up as matter on the scanner.

Just my thoughts.
    A.

This thread brings back a memory.
    I live in Newfoundland, Canada and my spinal surgeon is located in Montreal, Canada at the Montreal Shriners Hospital.
    Back about 11years ago I had to do another follow up appointment to check on the success of my surgery.
    Now my surgery involved a fusion to the spine, metal rods in my back.
    So when going through security system it beeps, I check to make sure I have no keys, rings, zippers, even took my glasses off. *BEEP* I explained i have metal rods in my back, I was then asked nicely by the guard to come in the back room for a moment, where they asked to examine my back my diaper was completely noticeable when they lift my shirt but nothing was said they just wanted to confirm the surgical scars were real so after like 3 minutes I was on my way.

I always find it funny I always beep going the metal detector.

I've worn diapers on every airplane trip I've been on practically in the last ten years. It's not an issue. Make sure yours is clean prior to screening.