Thread: Am I a little bit little?

Default Am I a little bit little?

For as long as I can remember I've wanted to be diapered. It's only recently, last week, that I've had the courage to open up this side of myself to my wife, and she's been accepting and even supportive. A week ago I would have said I was a DL and not an AB/little or anything other that DL.

Over the past week I've been exploring diaper options and trying out a couple different things to explore the depths of my kink. I eventually found myself looking into cloth diapers as an environmentally friendly and economic alternative to the disposables that I've already obtained, after all I think this is a long term indulgence that I've entered into.

I find myself drawn to the AB cloth diaper patterns from Dependeco. I wouldn't have thought this about myself. I don't have a desire to act like a baby or a toddler but I find the thought of dressing, at least a bat, like a child appealing. Does this make me a little bit little? What is the defining characteristic of an adult baby? The look or the behavior?

I think we are all shade's of gray.
    Just dont try a baby bottle you will love it avent 4 drop nipple is best.
    Never try a binkie that is the best dont do it no no no.

There are a lot of different kinds of ABs. Some ABs enjoy wearing baby or toddler clothes along with diapers but aren't interested in other AB objects or child-like behavior. Some ABs love drinking from a bottle but hate the idea of being in a crib. Some ABs love sleeping in an adult-sized crib but want nothing to do with baby bottles.

The mental attitude can differ, too. Some ABs go into a baby or toddler "headspace," where they see themselves as children (or as some combination of child and adult). Other ABs don't experience this headspace. Some of us like to imagine being forced to dress like a child, to sleep in a crib, etc. Others just see themselves as adults who've decided to dress in shortalls.

AB play can be whatever you want it to be. There are no rules about what all ABs have to like.

Quote Originally Posted by OtherJake
    Does this make me a little bit little?
    The way I've always looked at it is it's like a spectrum where wearing diapers is the middle. To one side is DL and the other AB, how much of the spectrum you cover is different for every one and can change.
    So DL's can share some traits from AB without being full AB and the reverse is also true. (They also can be both)

So in the end its all up to you. The spectrum you cover can change it's just almost impossible to leave it all together.

soggyboy

Quote Originally Posted by computerProgrammer View Post
    The way I've always looked at it is it's like a spectrum where wearing diapers is the middle. To one side is DL and the other AB, how much of the spectrum you cover is different for every one and can change.
    So DL's can share some traits from AB without being full AB and the reverse is also true. (They also can be both)

So in the end its all up to you. The spectrum you cover can change it's just almost impossible to leave it all together.
    I think this says it best.

There are a lot of facets to this quirk of ours. Some like a full on "baby" experience, complete with the pacifier, stuffed toys, bottles etc, while others enjoy feeling "little" but a bit older than a baby.

Some like to use their diapers to their full extent, while for some just wearing them but not using them is enough.

I think that we put too much effort into trying to categorise ourselves by trying to find a "box" or label that we fit into. Regardless as to wether you are an AB, DL, Sissy, Little or Caretaker, we are all swimming in the same pool. Why can't an AB sometimes enjoy being a caretaker? Or a diaper wearer become a diaper user on occasion without necessarily being re-labeled?

I think if you look at the whole kink as being multi faceted, you should be able to enjoy different aspects of it as you see fit.

For example, I identify as a "Little." When I have my little time, I feel like I'm between 6-12 years old. I don't want or need to feel like a baby. My little wets his pants sometimes. He is to old to do this, but accidents happen sometimes. This has always been my "thing."

As an offshoot of this, I have used nappies when I can. I like them. They are fun to wear. (Even though I would hate to actually NEED them). As a child I wore them for bed wetting, and was never made to have any negative stigma attached to them.

Am I an Adult Baby? No.
    Am I a Diaper Lover? Maybe not lover, but certainly a liker or admirer.
    Am I Little? Yes. But only in situations where I can enjoy it privately. I don't wish to be seen as a little by others. It's my thing, and I want to keep it that way.

I've copped criticism on this board before for commenting on a post aimed at trans-gendered people. One comment I received was along the lines of "After looking at your previous posts I see that you only post in diaper threads. You have no right to comment here."

I thought that as members of this board that we were all somehow loosely attached in our kink, regardless of what form it took.

Another example. I don't understand Furries. It's just not my thing. But I still read the furry forum and enjoy it. I am happy that people who are into it have a place to connect. Just because I can't see myself in a fur suit, doesn't mean that I think any less of people who do.

To me, being furry is just another form of being little and enjoying it. I'm sure that people in the "Vanilla" world would look down on me wetting myself for fun, so I don't want to judge others on whatever floats their boat.

I say don't look at yourself as just a diaper lover, but as part of a broader community, one with lots of different neighbourhoods you can visit. Some you may visit occasionally, some you won't go back to, but don't just limit yourself because you feel you only fit into one "suburb".

No question, I agree with the spectrum. There's certainly to cookie cutter categories when it comes to psychological and sexual quirks. I'm having fun exploring this side of me and I'm just surprised, but in no way upset, about some of the things I'm discovering.

With your wife's acceptance you are entering a new phase where your excitement levels must be soaring as you open yourself up to new possibilities. Be careful you don't fall into the trap of going too far too fast and end up completely altering your wife's image of the man she married. It may sound shallow but image is important.