Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Company startup?

  1. #1

    Question Company startup?

    So I was curious if anyone could answer this. How the heck do you start up an AB/DL company? Like diapers for instance. How did Bambino and A?U start the process. Did some guy just chuck some random fabrics together and go to an investor or something? I dunno. I've been in a, "I really wish I could cater to those with the same ab/dl interests as me", kinda mood.

    That and I've been thinking if I ran a certain diaper company, how I could increase profits insanely by investing in different aspects (bottle and pacis and whatnot).

    Wouldn't that be great if something started up just from a bunch of members with different workforce backgrounds on adisc? That'd be amazing..

    Anyways, curiosity is getting to me tonight :P

  2. #2
    WearingClouds

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by dadbro92 View Post
    So I was curious if anyone could answer this. How the heck do you start up an AB/DL company? Like diapers for instance. How did Bambino and A?U start the process. Did some guy just chuck some random fabrics together and go to an investor or something? I dunno. I've been in a, "I really wish I could cater to those with the same ab/dl interests as me", kinda mood.

    That and I've been thinking if I ran a certain diaper company, how I could increase profits insanely by investing in different aspects (bottle and pacis and whatnot).

    Wouldn't that be great if something started up just from a bunch of members with different workforce backgrounds on adisc? That'd be amazing..

    Anyways, curiosity is getting to me tonight :P
    Me and my friends are talking about this. One of them got his degree in accounting and the other is a web developer. My roll on the team would be promotion (my major was comm) and to choose what products are wanted by the ABDL community

    The first thing you might want to do is get an LLC (limited liability company) so you can write off all work related expenses.

    Next, you might consider an investor to buy you diapers in bulk (and I mean by the truck load) from out of country factories. When first selling them, offer free shipping and ridiculously low prices so you get a fan/customer base

    Another idea is to get plain all white diapers wholesale and customize them with cute logos and prints. Although they have DC Amors, BAmbinos, Aww so cute, and cuddlz.... The market is always open to new ideas and design. Plus if I've learned anything it's that people like exclusives!


    I think you could do it!

  3. #3

    Default

    Money. It's all about the money. You need to have money to do this. A significant amount of money. Without that there are no raw resources or workers, without raw resources or workers there is no production, without production you have no product.

    Ideas are great, but without an R & D team the absorbancy and overall design of your product might be bad. You'd need to hire either your own team or an independent design company to design your product.

    Lets say you don't want to hire workers, easy have an out of country factory manufacture them. That costs even more money on the overhead.

    You don't want another company copying your designs, so you'd need to get a copywrite on it or something of the likes. Again money.

    After all of this you have to factor in shipping to all of your customers, that's going to cost money, even if they pay for it you still need to buy boxes, packing materials, pay for the actual fee of shipping.

    After all of that overhead you're looking at an expensive product as you can not produce them in the bulk as say, kimberly clark can because they have the monitary resources to product in bulk, far greater than you. Therefor your cost rises per unit sold. Of course you can do price cuts and sales to get customers but unless the product is actually good you wont have many.

    I'm not saying you can't do it, It's very possible, all of these things can be overcome by product quality, finding the right manufacturers, getting a good customer base, it could really take off and you could become as big as ABU or Bambino or the likes, it's just getting off of the ground that is hard, getting the resources to do this. A small group of people in this world will have a hard time doing it. I believe it's possible, very possible, but I advise you'd have all of your ideas together before jumping in or you'll have a bad time.

    Don't in any way take this post as discouraging, I wholeheartedly encourage you to do this if you so desire, but just keep in mind that it will take a lot of work, dedication, and so on and so forth to do it.

  4. #4

    Default

    Search adult diaper's manufacturing there is a link you will find .
    Now they have a minimum order that should give you a base to work from.
    One way is if you get a group of person's to go in together every one giving that is oneway. You need stock you see ABU can't keep up with demand so that is what killed them at lest one thing that did..
    You want then put the profit back into company to building it up more stock only when you have supply then branch out not to fast I'm shure some baby fur might do some art for your diapers to get you started .
    For a good supply of cute diapers to buy from.

    Maybe some cute jungle animal's and some with cute multiple colors diapers on them..
    Or a good start is to buy good diapers and supplying cute stickers with every order.
    Mabey the declaration pack a little cheaper way to go.

  5. #5

    Default

    You should! You sound like you'd have a much better chance than I :P

    Manufacturing would be a real problem for me. I wouldn't even know where to begin designing my own diaper, although the tapes idea is pretty sick

    - - - Updated - - -



    Quote Originally Posted by AddyShadows View Post
    Money. It's all about the money. You need to have money to do this. A significant amount of money. Without that there are no raw resources or workers, without raw resources or workers there is no production, without production you have no product.

    Ideas are great, but without an R & D team the absorbancy and overall design of your product might be bad. You'd need to hire either your own team or an independent design company to design your product.

    Lets say you don't want to hire workers, easy have an out of country factory manufacture them. That costs even more money on the overhead.

    You don't want another company copying your designs, so you'd need to get a copywrite on it or something of the likes. Again money.

    After all of this you have to factor in shipping to all of your customers, that's going to cost money, even if they pay for it you still need to buy boxes, packing materials, pay for the actual fee of shipping.

    After all of that overhead you're looking at an expensive product as you can not produce them in the bulk as say, kimberly clark can because they have the monitary resources to product in bulk, far greater than you. Therefor your cost rises per unit sold. Of course you can do price cuts and sales to get customers but unless the product is actually good you wont have many.

    I'm not saying you can't do it, It's very possible, all of these things can be overcome by product quality, finding the right manufacturers, getting a good customer base, it could really take off and you could become as big as ABU or Bambino or the likes, it's just getting off of the ground that is hard, getting the resources to do this. A small group of people in this world will have a hard time doing it. I believe it's possible, very possible, but I advise you'd have all of your ideas together before jumping in or you'll have a bad time.

    Don't in any way take this post as discouraging, I wholeheartedly encourage you to do this if you so desire, but just keep in mind that it will take a lot of work, dedication, and so on and so forth to do it.
    That sounds like something that might be over my head honestly. Thanks for taking the time to write it all down though. Someday I'll contribute something of value to the community, just not anytime soon. Unless I magically come across something that can be done on the side :P

    - - - Updated - - -



    Quote Originally Posted by foxkits View Post
    Search adult diaper's manufacturing there is a link you will find .
    Now they have a minimum order that should give you a base to work from.
    One way is if you get a group of person's to go in together every one giving that is oneway. You need stock you see ABU can't keep up with demand so that is what killed them at lest one thing that did..
    You want then put the profit back into company to building it up more stock only when you have supply then branch out not to fast I'm shure some baby fur might do some art for your diapers to get you started .
    For a good supply of cute diapers to buy from.

    Maybe some cute jungle animal's and some with cute multiple colors diapers on them.
    I looked at the link and it's 2 possible good ideas. I'm just not sure where I'd take it from there considering neither one looks like it needs modified on the outer layer, so fancy designs would be out the window.

    I'll keep looking though, in the event I find something worth looking into :P

    - - - Updated - - -

    I actually did just fin this, which looks pretty good. But I wanna keep looking. This is getting intriguing...

    http://www.disposablesman.com/index.htm

    Also, I think it would be pretty cool if a kickstarter was put up for this to help raise money for the equipment. I read before some dude asked $10,000 to make potato salad... He got it :P

  6. #6

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by AddyShadows View Post
    Money. It's all about the money. You need to have money to do this. A significant amount of money. Without that there are no raw resources or workers, without raw resources or workers there is no production, without production you have no product.
    I doubt any ABDL related start up has anything to do with this. At most they'll design a diaper. Then they will contact a Chinese manufacturer, strike a deal, they will buy at least x000 every so many months, they'll get delivered and you can sell them. By far the best bet is get somebody Chinese in your company, or hire. They will get it cheaper than you and be able to handle business in Chinese itself (logistics)



    Quote Originally Posted by AddyShadows View Post
    Lets say you don't want to hire workers, easy have an out of country factory manufacture them. That costs even more money on the overhead.
    That's possibly the only solution. A start up in a pretty walled up market like the ABDL community is not going to be able to sustain by building an entire manufacturing complex. It's indeed more expensive, that's also why diapers like Aww so cute, and other ABDL company's are so expensive, they simply do not produce them themselfs (and have to count larger marges than more popular products). And the more they sell the cheaper they will become. I do not know one ABDL company that produces their own diapers, but perhaps somebody does?

    To take the most out of it, the best way would be to design a diaper, produce a plain white one and put it in the complete market (including IC) and one or two with only another shell with some cute prints (for example girls print and boys print)

    For example, even Bambino doesn't produce their own diaper, and they are in basis so similiar to the Secures (produced in the same factory) that even the design has probably been a combined effort.

    Brands that produce their own diapers are for example Tena (Sweden, France, Denmark, Germany), Abena (Denmark, subsidiary poduction acticvity in France/Germany) and some other larger firms (Attends; Belgium) Molicare (Germany) Mediq Medeco(holding) Italy Seni (Poland) etc.. (some of these produce all over the world)

    But these are huge firms, with a worldwide/international market. In a start up I would advice to start in your own region, it's a waste of money and effort to be shipping small quantities around the globe. Perhaps for a fan base you could do try out's by postal service, and only take on orders of minimal a box (3-5 diaper packages or something) for foreign countries. Or even better, contact local resellers and just sell(push distribution if you will) entire stocks.

    In any case, you'll need a plan worked out. What are you going to do, how are you going to do it, when/who/what/where/how many/than what etc. Just a complete business plan. And you can make it however you want it.

  7. #7

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by TenaM View Post
    I doubt any ABDL related start up has anything to do with this. At most they'll design a diaper. Then they will contact a Chinese manufacturer, strike a deal, they will buy at least x000 every so many months, they'll get delivered and you can sell them. By far the best bet is get somebody Chinese in your company, or hire. They will get it cheaper than you and be able to handle business in Chinese itself (logistics)



    That's possibly the only solution. A start up in a pretty walled up market like the ABDL community is not going to be able to sustain by building an entire manufacturing complex. It's indeed more expensive, that's also why diapers like Aww so cute, and other ABDL company's are so expensive, they simply do not produce them themselfs (and have to count larger marges than more popular products). And the more they sell the cheaper they will become. I do not know one ABDL company that produces their own diapers, but perhaps somebody does?

    To take the most out of it, the best way would be to design a diaper, produce a plain white one and put it in the complete market (including IC) and one or two with only another shell with some cute prints (for example girls print and boys print)

    For example, even Bambino doesn't produce their own diaper, and they are in basis so similiar to the Secures (produced in the same factory) that even the design has probably been a combined effort.

    Brands that produce their own diapers are for example Tena (Sweden, France, Denmark, Germany), Abena (Denmark, subsidiary poduction acticvity in France/Germany) and some other larger firms (Attends; Belgium) Molicare (Germany) Mediq Medeco(holding) Italy Seni (Poland) etc.. (some of these produce all over the world)

    But these are huge firms, with a worldwide/international market. In a start up I would advice to start in your own region, it's a waste of money and effort to be shipping small quantities around the globe. Perhaps for a fan base you could do try out's by postal service, and only take on orders of minimal a box (3-5 diaper packages or something) for foreign countries. Or even better, contact local resellers and just sell(push distribution if you will) entire stocks.

    In any case, you'll need a plan worked out. What are you going to do, how are you going to do it, when/who/what/where/how many/than what etc. Just a complete business plan. And you can make it however you want it.
    I see what you mean about Chinese diapers. It sounds like quite a load off to be able and just order so many packages of diapers instead of setting up shop here in the US. If I knew how to get designs onto diapers I would just do custom prints. Tapes would be good too (still in the back of my mind). I actually had a decent idea for a diaper cover that's made of the same fabric as goodnites that would simply have babyish designs and would slip over your normal diaper, giving the illusion of a pull-up style diaper. I'm getting all these ideas now, but I don't really know where to go from here. I'm thinking of just researching custom diaper tapes first and learning how to print them first then taking it from there.

    I know this was just a goofy idea, but I've been researching it the past few hours and I'm kinda excited

  8. #8

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by dadbro92 View Post
    I see what you mean about Chinese diapers.
    Well, I may have stated it a little narrow, any European or US producer would also do. I don't think China would even be much cheaper with low quantaties while European/US producers can ensure a higher quality level. But I have never done any research regarding production costs of diapers, let alone between different continents.

    i think diaper tapes for example are a lot easier to start with. I know a few firms here where you can order tapes with your design about as easy as when you order a pack of diapers.


    in any case I think that's easier to start with than diapers itself. (also a lot cheaper) And with a local producer you don't need large stockings, so less risk involved. If it's a succes, it's always possible to extent towards the other ideas.

    It's not a goofy idea, if we want tapes on our diapers, somebody needs to design/produce/sell them xD

  9. #9

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by TenaM View Post
    Well, I may have stated it a little narrow, any European or US producer would also do. I don't think China would even be much cheaper with low quantaties while European/US producers can ensure a higher quality level. But I have never done any research regarding production costs of diapers, let alone between different continents.

    i think diaper tapes for example are a lot easier to start with. I know a few firms here where you can order tapes with your design about as easy as when you order a pack of diapers.


    in any case I think that's easier to start with than diapers itself. (also a lot cheaper) And with a local producer you don't need large stockings, so less risk involved. If it's a succes, it's always possible to extent towards the other ideas.

    It's not a goofy idea, if we want tapes on our diapers, somebody needs to design/produce/sell them xD
    Haha thanks! You're awesome

    Do you know such companies off the top of your head?

  10. #10

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by dadbro92 View Post
    Haha thanks!
    No problem.



    Quote Originally Posted by dadbro92 View Post
    Do you know such companies off the top of your head?
    Well, I don't know if any of my suggestion are of any value to you. I'm not American, so you'll end up with Dutch/European producers.

    While it is possible. I know of one which is one the top of my head, but I'll have to take a look into it regarding design limitations. Some only offer a max of three different colors (by choice) and work with a white base. I'm also not certain if it ships to the US. Just took a quick look and they charge 1,07 Euro (about 1,40 dollar) for 66m tape 55mm wide excluding taxes. (I'm not certain how that tax part is going to turn out for you as American). Prices per roll probably drop by increasing the amount.

    In any case, Google is your best friend . Tape producing happens a lot (tape with company logo's, fragile warnings etc.) so there are probably some producers in your vicinity.

Similar Threads

  1. Diaper company help
    By skittlesfirehawk in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 22-Sep-2013, 03:09
  2. All in one company Max suit
    By coolrocket in forum Adult Babies & Littles
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-Nov-2011, 05:49
  3. If you could own a diaper company.....
    By Swift in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 02-Apr-2011, 05:01

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.